UKC

Dartmoor Devon Partner | For a day between 19 - 23 July

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

I will be visiting a friend (who doesn't climb) in Torquay for a couple of days in July. It would be cool to checkout the local rock while I'm in the area! 

Haven't set an exact day yet but I have Mon 19 - Fri 23 July off work so a weekday afternoon climb would be ideal. 

I lead up to VS in my local crag of Avon Gorge and I on-sight F6a's at the indoor gym. I'm not into pushing my grade, I like adventurous climbs in beautiful surroundings. I've recently drilled my skills in slabby footwork and am loving my new superpower. 

This would be my first touch of any Devon rock so I don't know whether I'm going to find it hard or easy. 

With a bit of clicking around on here I like the look of Haytor  Maybe I could second you on Levitation (VS 4b) to get a feel of the rock and then I'll lead Raven Gully (S)

Direct Message me on here and I'll pick up the email or if you like to use Facebook find me at https://www.facebook.com/martin.joiner/ 

For reference, I've attached a photo of me climbing at Fallen Slab, Portland in the rain. 

Post edited at 16:33

In reply to Martin Southville:

Just as an update to original post: It's looking like my trip will be the end of the week, arriving in the area wanting to climb with someone on Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd. 

In reply to Martin Southville:

No partner secured for this trip. Still holding out hope that someone will come forward. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...