Loading Notifications...

Driving to Spain, looking to share costs

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 mikemarcus 16 Nov 2020

I'm looking to drive from the Peak District to Spain on December 3rd. This is dependent on the UK and French lockdowns not being extended, obviously. I'm staying in Spain for the time being so I can only offer a trip one way.

Costs are £81 for the ferry (Newhaven to Dieppe) and about £190 for the diesel (to La Pedriza near Madrid). These costs will be split between two of us.

The van is small but I'm happy to top and tail the bed for an overnight stop.

Please no snarky or aggressive comments... Ta!

John Cuthbert 16 Nov 2020
In reply to mikemarcus:

I like your thinking. I Hope you pull it off, buddy..

JC

Fakey Rocks 16 Nov 2020
In reply to mikemarcus:

Where to? Planned journey duration Inc kip stops? Presumably avoiding péage?

Cheaper by train for lone travellers but might be willing to chip in for the adventure... 

slucas 16 Nov 2020
In reply to mikemarcus:

Hi Mike.

Sorry can't share cost. But I too am planning on driving down that way sometime after lockdown. Maybe we could hit up some crags on the way down?

Apparently u need a negative Covid test going into Spain now. Also heard u might need a 'proper' reason to be traveling over borders. Have u heard of any of this.

Fakey Rocks 16 Nov 2020
In reply to slucas:

Back in March April you could only cross France - Spain borders with a travel to work permit, which was for border locals mainly.

How fresh does the covid test need to be? 

supersteve 17 Nov 2020
In reply to slucas:

You can currently only travel in France with a valid reason, otherwise you risk a fine from the police. If we leave the house we need to carry a signed attestation saying why we are out. And with French police being lazy, checking attestations is easy police work for them, so they are hot on it. It is also rumoured that lock down will continue past the 1st December until closer to Christmas. 

JMarkW 17 Nov 2020
In reply to Fakey Rocks:

72 hours I believe

Little Butch 18 Nov 2020
In reply to mikemarcus:

I could be keen! I’ll PM you....

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.