UKC

/ Helvellyn Night Ascent

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Gazza111 - on 09 Jan 2018
I did a wild camp at Red Tarn last February in full winter conditions on one of the coldest nights in Lakes and saw a couple of groups tackling Striding Edge up to Helvellyn and down Swirel Edge during the night time, which looked great in the moonlight.

I'm looking for someone to team upwith who would like to join me one late evening for a bit of a different challenge. I am fully kitted up for winter and have winter climbed in the Lakes and Helvellyn range over years so fully confident in my abilities.

Live just outside of the Merseyside area close to Ormskirk, Lancashire.

Cheers

Gary
ERB - on 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

Could be up for this. Would be better to pick a night closer to a full moon if possible.
SebCa - on 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

I could be up for this, not far from you either. Drop us an email through this.

James
Gazza111 - on 11 Jan 2018
In reply to SebCa:

James, sent you an email

Stichtplate on 11 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

Also interested, fairly close (Lymm). Drop us an Email.

Ghastlyrabbitfat on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

Also interested.  Not getting out to the hills often enough, just fannying with road bikes.  (Based Urmston, South Manchester, for my sins.)

Cheers

Dave

Rigid Raider - on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

By the same token you can extend your cycling right into late autumn and onwards from late winter by buying a good LED light and getting out there at night.

Gazza111 - on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Going to be looking at 18th 19th or 20th January late afternoon if anyone is available

Lion Bakes on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Rigid Raider:

You can ride year round in this country.  Decent clothes and lights and away you go.

ERB - on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

The weather is going the right way for it this next week. a cold blast on the way, keep us posted on here.

JackO3522 - on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

Im keen man lakes based and up for it . 

Stichtplate on 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

Cheers Gazza. Sent you an Email.

Gazza111 - on 13 Jan 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Nick,

Sent you an email. Friday 19th sounds like the best bet. Meeting up at YHA Helvellyn, Greenside, Glenrriding. Parking at the top end of the track. Time to be arranged. 

It's set to get colder next week so hopefully conditions will be better by then.

ERB - on 13 Jan 2018
In reply to Gazza111:

There’s been problems with parking at the YHA.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.