Loading Notifications...

Italy big wall, this month

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 David Coley 14 Oct 2020

Hi, 

I was planning on monte brento via vertigine this month but my partner has just bailed. Anyone free and fancying a 30 pitch route?

Thanks 

Ian Parsons 14 Oct 2020
In reply to David Coley:

>  but my partner has just bailed.

Did you by any chance show him that pic of what the bolts look like - posted on the other channel?

In reply to Ian Parsons:

Maybe they watched this video as well;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INv27hk6rE4&

John Cuthbert 14 Oct 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Its currently sub-zero during the day,

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Campanile-Basso-Guglia-di-Brenta/forecasts/2877

and may well be covered in snow after the recent storms...

John C

Ian Parsons 14 Oct 2020
In reply to John Cuthbert:

Thanks for posting the link; looks like a very useful site, with which I was previously unfamiliar. Fortunately the Monte Brento that David has his eye on is actually in Arco - which, while not immune to oncoming winter is, I think, nonetheless rather more temperate!

Mr Lopez 14 Oct 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Booo... I only got back from there a couple of days ago. I'd have loved to join you on that

joelairig4164 17 Oct 2020
In reply to David Coley:

What kinda proficiency are you looking for? I've climbed some multi-pitch in the dolomites but I'm not 100% with the grading

adi bryant 17 Oct 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Oooh I thought.. Italy always sounds nice to me, don't know the route but I could do the grade, let's have a look at some photos.. er          oh.      wow.       I'd love to help you Dave but after gaping and  wondering and reading decriptions I now want to learn some aid because that route looks So good and laughably nuts, for a long way. Definitely vertigine.  

Auguri!)

David Coley 17 Oct 2020
In reply to joelairig4164:

Re grading. First 15 pitches 6b French max. But bolts a little spaced. Top 15 pitches, A2, but I can do those 

David Coley 17 Oct 2020
In reply to adi bryant:

Don't worry about the aid. I can do that if you can lead the first 15 free pitches 

timjones 18 Oct 2020
In reply to The Jazz Butcher:

> Maybe they watched this video as well;

Doesn't that video inspire you, have you no soul ;)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.