UKC

Kalymnos !!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 riff156 16 Apr 2022

Hi 

I'm off to kalymnos 25th april and not having much luck in finding a climbing partner whilst im there, i have posted on here a week or so ago and on the climb kalymnos website forum but no luck which surprises me as i always believed Kaly was the one place you could go and guarantee you'd find someone to climb with, anyway my question to anyone that knows is, is there anywhere that has a notice board for meeting up for climbing, i know there used to be one outside a climbing shop once but that shops gone now, be handy if anyone knows of anywhere. 

Cheers Steve 

henwardian 16 Apr 2022
In reply to riff156:

> I'm off to kalymnos 25th april and not having much luck in finding a climbing partner whilst im there, i have posted on here a week or so ago and on the climb kalymnos website forum but no luck which surprises me

Hmm... that is surprising, does your reputation precede you? Are you widely known to be a terrible partner/human being?

Seriously though, I expect you can just turn up at one of the popular crags are start making friends if you really can't find anyone before you arrive.

In reply to riff156:

There is a notice board outside Sofrano's for partners and also at Glaros bar I believe. Also try the Kalymnos Facebook groups. We've just come back from another awesome trip there. You'll have a great time I'm sure! 

In reply to riff156:

Kalymnos climbing facebook works well for partners, would be worth explaining your situation on a post there.

In reply to henwardian:

> Hmm... that is surprising, does your reputation precede you? Are you widely known to be a terrible partner/human being?

I feel I should report that Steve is a lovely bloke and a good partner 😂

Sorry for being tight and not coming this year mate.

OP riff156 17 Apr 2022
In reply to Max Hangs:

Haa!! With such a glowing reference how could i be cross with you for not coming Rob 😅 

Cheers dude, next time eh!!  

In reply to riff156:

I didn't even make it out of Gatwick security without finding climbing partners. That's not an exaggeration.. 

Kalymnos is hands down the easiest place to find climbing partners. Just hang around Fatolitis snack bar, and get chatting. You'll find a group of 3, or a lone traveller to partner up with no issue. 

OP riff156 17 Apr 2022
In reply to riff156:

Cheers all, Im sure it will all work out ok these things usually do, i was just hoping to sort something out before i got there 

In reply to riff156:

Hey. The web page is rarely used now. Its all Whatsapp and FB. 
There’s loads of people around, including lots of solo’s. You will not have a problem. 
Get on the face book page and say hello. Kalymnos climbing. 

In reply to mike reed:

Unrelated, but almost every climb on Kalymnos that I've looked at the logbook on has had your name pop up haha. How many times you been? 

Carless 13 May 2022
In reply to StoneG:

You might want to look at Mike's profile

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...