Loading Notifications...

London partners for sport climbing dorset

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 earthkeptwarm 16 Jun 2020

I've seen a few people making the same kind of enquiry so I apologise for creating another thread for London partners but I felt it was best to be specific.

Searching for sport climbing partners for Dorset coast/Portland/Swanage/Cheddar/Brean etc.

Am available during weekdays so when crags are a bit quieter maybe (or weekends if needs must).

I don't own a car but can borrow one for daytrips if needed.

I'm 35. Live near the Castle. Redpoint 7A+ Onsight 6B+. Grades are not important. Just want to get outside and have a nice time/try hard if the vibes right. 

Please do drop me a message here or message 07796205748 if it sounds good to you.

Matt

silhouette 17 Jun 2020
In reply to earthkeptwarm:

That could work for me Matt and I am also available all week.  Once campsites are open I'd prefer to do overnights as out and back to Portland from North London is a long day.  I guess day trips are ok just now with a lot of daylight for the drive though.   I'll make contact by text.  

earthkeptwarm 17 Jun 2020
In reply to silhouette:

Marvelous. Look forward to hearing from you to discuss more. I agree that overnights would be ideal. My folks live less than an hour away from Portland but I can't just 'turn up' anymore... Could camp in their garden... but that would probably be very weird!

slowmotion 22 Jun 2020

Hi I'm free to climb this Friday. Could be keen for Portland. 

Hi guys I am available both days Thursday and Friday if you need someone. I am 34yo and my indoor climbing its 6b 6b+, but I have not been climbing since the gym closed in March. I have draws and 80m rope. 

Rado

Conor1 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Radologo:

Hey Matt, Rado (and anyone else) I'm also keen for North London-Dorset trips, have car and rack, but haven't climbed for months and probably only capable of 6a at the moment. If anyone's up for an easy day at Swanage or Portland I'm keen - 07413 636 323.

Cheers,
Conor

In reply to Conor1:

Hi Conor,

I’ve sent you a message. 

Rado

BenC1985 24 Jun 2020

Hi all, also very game to get out. Just hit Swanage last weekend and heading out again this weekend.

Indoors I'm around 7a lead, and outdoors 6a 🤣. 

Drop me a message on 07878 455 955. 

Conor, I'll send a text. 

Ben 

Post edited at 09:01
 SiobhanStraver 25 Jun 2020

Hey guys, I’m also keen to get out. Portland, swanage, whatever. Have rope and draws. After sort of mid August probably I’ll be alright to offer lifts too.

Was leading 7a pre lockdown, about 6b+/6c now. Keen for both easy days and days of trying to inch back onto harder stuff. 

Keen for tomorrow and Monday if anyone is interested

Drop me a text on 07914955034 

marcin900 25 Jun 2020

I'm keen for Saturday if anyone is available, I have a car and can drive from east london. My whatsapp is 07481210485, please drop me a message if you're interested

Cheers,
Marcin

earthkeptwarm 26 Jun 2020
In reply to slowmotion:

Hi, Sorry. Was slow to reply but thanks for message. Am thinking of going on Monday/Tuesday (maybe both). What are your thoughts? If you're out there I hope you're having a blast.

Matt

earthkeptwarm 26 Jun 2020

To update the original message. I now own a car (that's how desperate things have got!) Mon29/Tue30 South Dorset. Conditions look good for climbing. Give me a shout.

Matt

Benj-m 29 Jun 2020
In reply to Conor1:

Hi Cornor, Matt and everyone,

I'm in a similar boat - very keen to get out from next week onwards for overnight trips on weekdays.

I haven't climbed for longer than most due to a bad finger injury before lockdown. Fully re-habed it so am super keen to get out again but would like to start super easy and work up - happy to belay or follow on harder stuff where I can just let go if I get a tweak.   

Have a car, rack and rope(s), happy to lead up to 6a or HVD/S multipitch. Would be espically keen for a bit of  trad.  I'm 07515354757.

Ben

In reply to Benj-m:

Hi evryone,

I am sorry for the fast ball, but anyone intrested to go tomorrow 02 July climbing to dorset area? 07599722678

Rado

Post edited at 12:27

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.