UKC

/ looking for Ice climber - Nottingham area

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Pay Attention - on 09 Nov 2017
Looking for an ice climbing partner in the Nottingham area for a trip to an ice climbing area in Europe .

Ideally about 4 - 5 days in an easily reached area, say near Briancon or Cogne.

I lead Grade 4 and have rope, ice screws etc.
Drop me a line if you have some experience or interest and also free time looming this winter.

It's also good if you have your own transport and can reach Nottingham en route to an airport.

Paul
im off - on 10 Nov 2017
In reply to Pay Attention:

Hi Paul.
I'm keen to link up with folk to do some Scottish weekends this winter. About grade 5 to 7. If interested give me a shout. Leeds area. Got car. Gear etc.
Tinsel - on 30 Nov 2017
Hi! I'm Sarah...I've 2 mates that have booked Ecrins...with hire car for last week in Jan...I spent a week in Cogne last year, seconding 3 and 4s but been mad in training and dropped a stone so feeling strong. Guys are happy for another tow to share 600 apartment...we're flying in from Dublin.
Just started leading S and 6b but haven't led ice, although competent second and want to oush grade also.
Let me know if you're interested or wanna chat 07891t72493...Sarah...smcao on logbook.
Also did ice in scotland..
SJPowderham1 - on 21 Dec 2017
In reply to Tinsel:
Hi.

Im also interested in getting out to the alps for some ice climbing. Flights to Grenoble aren’t too bad.

Im at a loose end between the 27th and 6th of Jan.

Drop us a text if something in that range could be workable!

Simon
Post edited at 12:49
Pay Attention - on 26 Dec 2017

Ice climber wanted for Jan 20 - 27 (Sottoguda, Italy)

I've booked a hotel near the brilliant ice climbing venue of Sottoguda for Jan 20 - 27, just after the ice festival finishes. There’s a number of icefalls from Grade WI 2 to WI5 in the gorge. Looking for a climber to share gear and cost.

Here’s the Sottoguda logbook …

Serrai di Sottoguda

and here’s a bit more about it

http://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/alpinism/sottoguda-ice-climbing.html

Flights: out Jan 20 Stansted to Venice return Jan 27 - about £120 per person with luggage.

Public transport from airport to resort likely to cost around 30 Euro each way .
Accommodation : a local hotel 250 Euro each for 7 nights
Daily transport : Hotel to the Sottoguda gorge is 20 mins walk!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.