/ Looking for regular partner(s) weekends - Lakes

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
aforrest 05 Jul 2019

Hi - looking for regular climbing partner(s) in Lakes - live South Lakes. Presently leading up to HS. My aim is to get back to happily leading any VS anywhere and maybe HVS... but just to get out again on the crags would be great

Use to climb lots but had a few years out and just getting back into it but short on climbing partners! Free most weekends or at least one day of weekend. Meet up anywhere in Lakes to climb. Have ropes, gear and transport

AlbieWat 05 Jul 2019
In reply to aforrest:

Hi, we may be fairly well matched.

I've started leading VS last season and again this season.

before that is was S & HS.

There are a few I'd like to get onto in the lakes.

I'm on the east side but no problem getting over for days at the weekends.

It may be worth us being in touch.

aforrest 05 Jul 2019
In reply to AlbieWat:

Great - messaged you!

flatnose 06 Jul 2019
In reply to aforrest and albie

I live  near Cartmel...VS leader have ropes rack and transport...defo up for some routing. Stick me on your contacts list./ 079040180134...Glyn

aforrest 07 Jul 2019
In reply to flatnose:

That's great - sent you message ☺

charliesdad 07 Jul 2019
In reply to aforrest:

Worth joining the local climbing club, Kendal Mountaineering Club. With 100+ members and a regular meets schedule, you’ll probably find someone with similar ambitions!

In reply to aforrest:

Hi,

I'm keen to find partners locally - also in the South lakes and climbing similar grades to you guys I think.

Was hoping to get out during the week (daytime) if anyone's interested, but would hopefully be up for some evening/days over the summer.

Got rack, ropes and car, happy to get out anywhere in the lakes.

Oli

aforrest 08 Jul 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

Great - will check it out ☺

aforrest 08 Jul 2019
In reply to crossdressingrodney:

Hi Oli - i messaged you via email link and left my contact so WhatsApp/Messenger, if you want to climb at weekends. Never free for evening climbs at mo. and i work Mon - Fri.

Yes also happy to climb anywhere in the Lakes 

aforrest 08 Jul 2019
In reply to flatnose, AlbieWat and crossdressingrodney:

Best way to contact me is: 07870132584 (WhatsApp/Messenger).  I live near Witherslack but happy to meet anywhere in the Lakes most weekends (at least one day). 

In reply to aforrest:

Thanks, I'll stick you on my contact list!

Leo49 10 Jul 2019
In reply to aforrest:

Hi will be moving up to lakes end of August and would be looking for regular partners in the area. Currently lead up vs / hvs. If your still interested, done most of my climbing around swanage sea cliff. 

aforrest 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Leo49:

Hi Leo - I have sent you an email.

The more climbing partners free at weekends the better

AlbieWat 13 Jul 2019
In reply to flatnose:

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your response. When I say I'm on the East side , I'm in Newcastle.

But no probs at all for getting over to the lakes for the day, can get to langdale / borrowdale for just before 9am, so great to be in touch. I'll add you to my contacts and will be in touch. My number is 07970 464 084. Albie

PaulC 14 Jul 2019
In reply to aforrest:

HI,

Another (old) climber on the comeback trail. ML and SPA, lots of experience, looking to get out regularly. Sunday 21st a possibility.

Climbed with Oli the other day, 7 routes up to VS 4c.

Live in Sraveley/

Paul

aforrest 22:49 Sun
In reply to PaulC:

Thanks Paul - sent you an email 

Rickrick 21:17 Thu
In reply to aforrest:

Hi, I'm based in Kendal and looking for partners too. Free at weekends and week nights, with rack, ropes, and transport. Not bothered about grades, happy just getting out. Give me a shout. Cheers, Rick 

aforrest 05:24 Fri
In reply to Rickrick:

Brilliant! 

Sent you an email 

There are lots of contacts on this thread now so hopefully none of us are short of a climbing partner when a beautiful, dry weekend materialises   

Rob_Land 13:18 Fri
In reply to aforrest:

Hi Guys

Looks like i'm in the same position too. Im based near Barnard Castle so only an hour or so from the Lakes. Leading about the same HS4b ish.

Im an SPA holder so know what i'm doing and have all my own gear is just most of my mates are now almost permanent pebble wrestlers and don't really do trad!

Looking specifically for this weekend 20th and or 21st as a start if anyones interested but am usually free 2 or so weekends a month and even during the week on an evening if its eastern side.

thanks 

Rob

aforrest 18:34 Fri
In reply to Rob_Land:

Hi Rob

I am not free this weekend but one of the others on this thread may be as it should dry up later on Saturday into Sunday.

I have sent you an email, so keep in touch 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.