UKC

/ Looking to climb in Edinburgh area on July 17/18

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L carastern - on 04 Jul 2018

Hello! I'm visiting Edinburgh July 17 and 18 from Toronto. I'd love to do some climbing while I'm in town. I know about the local indoor walls, but was wondering if anyone was planning on doing any outdoor climbs then at all, even just locally at Salisbury Crag or Arthur's Seat? I will have my shoes and harness with me, but no quickdraws — but I know how to lead and set top rope anchors.

I'm very open to bouldering, if anyone is going to that, and doesn't mind me tagging along?

tom_in_edinburgh - on 04 Jul 2018
In reply to carastern:

There's no roped climbing allowed in Holyrood Park.  There is a little bouldering in one area of Salisbury Crags.  It is a nice location but fairly minimal climbing.    There's some scrambling possible if you seek it out on Arthur's Seat but again not really anything special.

On the other hand the indoor climbing at EICA and Eden Rock is excellent and Alien Block is pretty good if you don't have a car and want to stay in the city centre.  There's some bolted climbing in the quarry behind EICA.   The nearest good outdoor bouldering is in Northumberland.

Synchromesh - on 13 Jul 2018
In reply to carastern:

Cara,

In case you have not seen my reply to your discussion thread on meetup, I could be up for it if you are still interested.

Cheers,

mark_gear@hotmail.com

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.