UKC

/ MIA Trainee:Climb/Scramble Scottish Highlands

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
JMM - on 06 Apr 2018

Hi folks, I'm Jonty, I'm working towards my Mountaineering Instructor Award. I'm offering free days of climbing instruction and guided climbing & scrambling this Spring and Summer throughout the Highlands as I work towards Assessment. I have plenty of availability so if you have specific dates you'll be around in the Highlands please let me know. Coming up I have arranged:

Wednesday 18th April: Any experience, climbing or scrambling. Day trip from Inverness area or meet up.

Thursday 19th April:Any experience, climbing or scrambling. Day trip from Inverness area or meet up.

Sat, Sun, Mon 5th, 6th & 7th May: Multipitch climbing and/or scrambling. Need to have climbed outside before and have good hillwalking fitness. If you can do two or all three days so much the better, as we could head to wherever the weather is best in the Highlands and stay over.

Thurs 17th May & Friday 18th May:  Rock climbing instruction, trad improvers....either working on becoming a competent second or looking to move towards trad leading. Days out from Inverness most likely but overnighting possible if you're free and we want to go e.g. West coast.

Saturday 19th May: Multipitch climbing or scrambling. Location flexible within Highlands depending.

As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountaineering Instructor Award,which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification, and nor am I insured specifically for these activities. However, I am an experienced mountaineer, and thus I hope this would be mutually beneficial, and most importantly, fun!

please get in touch on the forum or PM me.

JMM - on 16 Apr 2018
In reply to JMM:

thanks to all those who have been in touch. I'll have some more dates soon, as things stand:

Wednesday 18th April: Any experience, scrambling and/or navigation tuition. Day trip from Inverness area. 1 SPACE LEFT

Thursday 19th April:Any experience, scrambling and/or navigation tuition. Day trip from Inverness area. 1 SPACE LEFT

Sat, Sun, 5th, 6th May: Multipitch climbing and/or scrambling. FULL

Thurs 17th May: Whatever you want; climbing/scrambling/navigation tuition. TWO SPACES LEFT

Friday 18th May:  Rock climbing instruction. ONE SPACE LEFT

Saturday 19th May: Multipitch climbing or scrambling. FULL

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.