/ MIA trainee looking to practice skills

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Butel - on 11 Mar 2019

Hello

I am a MIA trainee looking to practice my skills learnt on my MIA training at the end of last summer at Plas Y Brenin mountain centre. 

In order to take my assessment I need to log some days with practice clients. 

I can offer:

- Multi pitch climbing

- Learn to lead on trad and sport

- Learn to trad climb, covering gear placements, building belays, abseiling, removing gear, communication, rope techniques.

- Guided scrambling

As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK.  I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.  The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Please email me on tombutel@gmail.com  if you would like to get out and climb. I am based in Llanberis.

Thanks Tom

Jamjar on 11 Mar 2019
In reply to Butel:

Have msgd and emailed you.

Silverback38 on 12 Mar 2019
In reply to Butel:

Messaged you mate 

Fatclimber - on 13 Mar 2019
In reply to Butel:

Hi,

I may be too experienced for what you want, but I will be in Llanberis from the 11-14 June and currently don't have any partners.  So if that's of any benefit to you, I could be up for a day out.

Regards

Steve

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.