/ Morroco Todra gorge

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
ianh82 - on 05 Feb 2019

I'm in Morroco on holiday with my missus who doesn't climb, between 9th and 24th Feb. We're travelling around Morocco. I'm hoping to hire some gear in Todra gorge for a day or two climbing. There are guides to hire too. Just wondering if anyone is there at the same time and wants to join me or if I can join your group? I'm from the Lake District , climbing up to 6a sport and can second HVS trad.

MartinPL - on 07 Feb 2019
In reply to ianh82:

Do you mean Hassan and his mate? They put belaying device upside down, climb second pitch dragging loose end of rope through quickdraws when rope comes to the end etc, wouldn't risk my life climbing with them tbh. I know there is not much choice if local or guids in general as it's only about 40 Morrocan climbers in whe country. But for sure there will be lot of climbers so you can pair up with. Ask for Moha, or better come down to his house for little drum session on any evening, all his place is filled up with climbers

ianh82 - on 10 Feb 2019
In reply to MartinPL:

Thanks for the advice Martin. Their climbing style  sounds too radical for me.

ianh82 - on 20:22 Sat
In reply to ianh82:

Just writing to say I visited Todra gorge very briefly on a tour to the desert. We only had 30 minutes there. There was 2 people climbing on a sunny crag but most of the crag was very cold and windy which is probably why there wasn't more climbers. The gorge did look amazing for climbing with easy access to the bottom of the climbs. Would like to come back to Morocco on a climbing trip sometime.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.