/ Moved to Sheffield, looking to meet some people!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
ewanthomson on 12 Mar 2019

Hi all

I’ve just moved to Sheffield (Nether Edge) and looking to meet some people to climb with, cycle with, go to the pub with etc.... I work abroad on a ship for 2 weeks every month so free for the other two. 

I boulder terribly and climb around E1 ish.  / 6c. Just bought a road bike so giving that a good go. Enjoy most things outdoors and keen to get to Cayton Bay to see if the surfing rumours are true.....  I’m on Facebook at Ewan Davies Thomson. Or email @ ewandaviesthomson@gmail.com

hopefully hear from you soon 

Cheers

Ewan

tjdodd - on 12 Mar 2019
In reply to ewanthomson:

Welcome to Sheffield.  The waves on the east and north Yorkshire coasts are definitely the best in the UK.  Loads of spots to try out.  Northumberland coast also not that far with some great spots (and climbing).

If you don't mind indoor bouldering then definitely recommend the Climbing Works (very near to you).  A friendly crowd and easy to get to know people with a good number climbing outdoors as well.

On Facebook there are a couple of peak district partner groups (cannot remember the exact names but easy to find).

Ardo - on 15 Mar 2019
In reply to ewanthomson:

Hi Ewan, live not far from you, so drop me a line if you're looking to climb/drink at weekend. Possibly down Awesome Walls on Saturday and outdoor Sunday, weather permitting.

ewanthomson on 16 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Hi Ardo

Thanks for for the message. I’m away down south this weekend and then abroad working for two weeks. I’ll be back 3rd April time (maybe by that time the weathers a bit better). My numbers 07463216524 if you’re on whatsapp.

Hopefully arrange something for then

Cheers

Ewan

ewanthomson on 16 Mar 2019
In reply to tjdodd:

Cheers for the message! Went down to Awesome Walls on Thursday and met some of the Peak climbing club. 

Away for a few weeks now but looking forward to getting back and maybe to that famed Yorkshire Coast   

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.