Loading Notifications...

Ness/West Coast this weekend

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Heading over to the West Coast this weekend via Inverness (gear shopping...) and probably going to hit Strathnairn later. If anyone's up for that, Torridon, Diabaig, bouldering, trad, even sport anywhere in the Ness/West Coast region hit me up!

Eric9Points 15 Oct 2020
In reply to weebluevan_andy:

So you want to pick up a stranger and sit in a confined space with them on and off over a couple of days while driving around an area outside of your health authority region and intend to do a bit of shopping in Inverness on the way?

Have I got that right?

Post edited at 10:06
In reply to Eric9Points:

I live on my own, I interact with nobody, I want to meet people outside to climb with, and whilst I'm doing a bit of shopping the risk of transmission is absolutely minimal. If you've got nothing useful to contribute, go away.

ScraggyGoat 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Eric9Points:

Stay within your Local Health Authority advice only applies to those residing in the five Central-belt health regions.  Since weblue van profile states he is located Mearns it depends whether that is still Grampian Health Authority or not.

Whether meeting up with random strangers is wise, or portrays the climbing community in a good light is another discussion.....

In reply to ScraggyGoat:

It's a discussion that can be had elsewhere please.

Eric9Points 15 Oct 2020
In reply to weebluevan_andy:

Have a look on social media right now and look at posts from people in near Covid free parts of the Highlands that are alarmed about people in campervan from the South coming into their area. There's a map on this page showing infections across Scotland.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Do you really need to go to the NW *now* when you're not far from Arbroath and the Aberdeen sea cliffs? Don't you think you could do more personally to prevent the spread of this virus?

ScraggyGoat 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Eric9Points:

Currently Aberdeenshire has a rate of 2.6 per 100K, compared to Highland NHS of 3.0. 

The Op will not be breaking Government guidelines..............or would you rather we just forget about collective governance and go down a vigilante route!

Its not where you are, but how you interact that is the principle control on transmission.  Both Highlanders and Central Belters need to remember this.  The Highlands are not 'special' nor somehow at 'greater risk'.  In fact believing an area is 'covid free' is exactly the myopic attitude that allows the virus to spread.  Geographically i have a foot in both camps and I can say that there are Highlanders not taking biosecurity on board just as there are people in town.

I was in the Highlands last week and deliberately made a point of standing outside in the rain talking through the closed window to some Highland friends;  I know from others they had invited visitors in previously.

I see no problem with people going from one low incidence area of the country to another low incidence area, provide as with everywhere, they are careful regarding interaction.

Michael Gordon 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Eric9Points:

In fairness, he doesn't actually say he's offering to pick someone up. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with going to the NW to go climbing. Apart from anything else, it's perfectly legal. You are welcome to make your own personal choices, but don't expect everyone else to make the same decisions as you.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.