Loading Notifications...

Networking meetup in Bristol

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 JoeOfTheTree 09 Jun 2020

If, like me, you're keen to get out and climb but finding it difficult to find partners in Bristol with all the gyms still closed, read on!

As organising things online isn't my strongpoint I propose a little (socially distanced) meetup in a park or at a local crag (suggestions welcome!).  There are a few of us with more spare time than we'd perhaps like at the moment so I guess this is biased towards those with time during the weekdays but all are welcome.  Bring your guidebooks, hitlists and enthusiasm. 

To start the ball rolling; I'll be in St George Park (in the NW corner) putting a slackline up this afternoon (Tuesday 09.06.20) from 1.30pm.  I'll likely be hanging out for an hour or three.  Given that this is very short notice I'll be adding to this thread with more opportunities to do this.

Hope everyone's well,
Joe

JoeOfTheTree 15 Jun 2020
In reply to JoeOfTheTree:

Weather looking pretty rough this week,  I'll tentatively suggest Saturday (20.06.20) in Eastville park (Black Rocks) as the next opportunity for a get-together.  Also considering heading out to the New Quarry on the portway next weekend if anyone is keen/going to be there anyway.

If anyone wants to come say hi in St George I'll be there again this afternoon (Monday 15.06.20) from around 3pm, same NW corner with a slackline.

Sobyeski 12:33 Mon
In reply to JoeOfTheTree:

Hi Joe

I live in Cheddar, climb around here and Bristol. Happy to meet up on an evening in the area.

Do bouldering and sport, prefer sport, up to about a 6c.

Cheers

Peter

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.