UKC

/ Partner South-West France

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Ushba - on 03 Dec 2018

Recently moved to Toulouse and wondering if there are any other anglophones about in the region. I'm looking for someone to go to the climbing gym with and/or  wintery pursuits in the Pyrenees in the new year, and potentially for some trad or sport in the spring. Been looking on Camptocamp but without much success. Any other suggestions welcome.

Give me a reply or a personal message for more info.

Cheers,

Alistair

Post edited at 17:46
LeeWood - on 03 Dec 2018
In reply to Ushba:

Can't help with the winter sports - I carry on cragging all winter. I am 1hr SW of Toulouse, active in the Luchon and Aure valleys or spain as the weather dictates - get in touch when it suits you.

PeakDJ on 03 Dec 2018
In reply to Ushba:

Hi Alisdair.  I am 2 hours North, close Brive.  I mostly sport climb these days in the Lot valley (St Gery and a few other crags nearby).  If you fancy some bolt clipping around those areas let me know here.   St Gery is a good winter crag as South-facing.  Any sunny spell from now through to April gives great conditions. Cheers.

Post edited at 18:40
Ushba - on 03 Dec 2018

Cheers for your messages, sent you both pms.

PeakDJ on 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Ushba:

The address linked to my account on here is no longer in use.  I am fairly flexible with availability so best to contact my french mobile 6 forty 65 ninety-six 87.  Obviously, add a zero at the start if calling from France!  

Alan Bates on 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Ushba:

Hi Alistair,

Look out for the Ariege climbing Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/89185755813/ and one for the area an hour or so west of you, Tautavel, Maury, Vingrau etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/367630180447793/

I'm over near Perpignan and keen to get out when not working. So by all means message me, a couple of us are getting out next week over your way.

Alan

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.