UKC

Partner wanted to climb in Avon Gorge, Bristol

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Hi all!

I am a newbie here. 

Previously I did a lot of if indoor climbing with ropes and bouldering in my home country.

Looking to come back to active climbing. Keen to do some routes in Avon Gorge, Bristol. 

Is there somebody experienced who can join me these last warm autumn days and introduce me to outdoor climbing in UK?

PaulJepson 14 Nov 2021
In reply to irina tatarinova:

It's not the kind of venue you can climb in without really knowing what you're doing, to be honest. 

I'm sure loads of people will come in with downvotes and  'nonsense! I started climbing in the gorge with no experience, 2 moacs and a rope tied around my waist and I was fine' but equally it's a place that tends to kill someone ever year or so.

I would suggest you look into one of the clubs like Avon Mountaineering or Red Rope. 

Unfortunately there are not many good venues for beginners in the area. Goblin Combe is better than Avon for <VS. 

O'Donopoo 18 Nov 2021

Hi, I've sent you a message as I'm also looking for partners for the Bristol(ish) area

Steve Woollard 19 Nov 2021

Check out the Bristol Climbing Friends Facebook page. It's good for finding climbing partners

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...