/ Peak, ongoing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sleepy_trucker 05 May 2019

I find myself in a strange situation where I don't have any friends who climb and the club's membership is booming but the club as a whole has become very clique, to the point where despite knowing lots of climbers, bizarrely, I don't have anyone to climb with! 

I'm climbing around 6a at the wall and haven't climbed for over a year until last month. I'm picking it back up slowly but I'm really keen to get out in the peak a lot more this year. I have my own basic rack etc but I'd only just started leading outdoors when I stopped so I've a way to go before I'm doing much leading. 

Anyone fancy taking me under their wing to a certain extent and with a view to having a regular trad partner? I work shifts so can usually manage week days here and there and weekends when they come around too - which might suit someone in a similar position.

ipfreely 07 May 2019
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Hey, I’m often out in the Peak during the week, have plenty of gear, feel free to give me a shout 07843373281 - Christian.

Sleepy_trucker 08 May 2019
In reply to ipfreely:

Cheers christian, will do - I'm trying to get a bit of fitness/technique back up and running at the moment so may be a week or two yet.

I've saved your number so you can take it off if you'd be more comfortable not having it displayed for too long

ipfreely 08 May 2019

OK, I've emailed you - check your junk mail too.

Sleepy_trucker 11 May 2019

Thanks everyone who got in touch, that'll do I think, doesn't seem fair on those I've spoken to to create a huge list of possibilities - sadly I don't get enough free time for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.