Loading Notifications...

Regular partners - Bristol

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Calumnt 29 May 2020

Hey,

Looking for some post lockdown climbing partners in the Bristol area. 

Mainly into sport, climbed about 7a before lockdown, although expecting to take a big hit on that now. I dabble in trad and get out bouldering sometimes too.

Got a car so willing to travel and generally only for evenings and weekends at the moment.

If any of that sounds appealing drop me a message. 

Cheers,

Calumn

Aaron Lines 03 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hi Callumn,

I'm interested in getting out for some sport. Did a 7a before lockdown too so probablyin around about the same place as you now.  I'm in cirencester so not too far. Normally go to the wye valley but anywhere is good really.

Cheers, Aaron

apwebber 04 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hi Calumn. I'm also interested. I only ever got to 6b but it would be good to climb with someone a bit better than me. I also boulder up to V6 although that's taken a big hit with the lockdown! I've got a car too and lots of spare time.

Cheers

Alex

JoeOfTheTree 07 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring here as well.  I'm a one-time boulderer looking to get back into climbing, just bought myself a rope, draws etc. I was a tree surgeon for over a decade so not a complete idiot at height :P No trad rack as yet owing to the events industry (which has been my living for the last few years) having imploded, on the upside I have a lot of free time!

Got a van and couple of bouldering mats,  just finding it difficult to meet people to get involved with, what with all the gyms being shut for now.

I've been making weekday morning trips to Haresfield for a bit of bouldering recently, very keen to get out and do some top-roping and/or second some trad (as yet very inexperienced).  Really wanting to get into the trad thing as that seems to be the best way to make use of where we live!

Hope everyone's well,
Joe

JamsM 07 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hi everyone,
Likewise, keen to get out when we can, another 7a climber, into trad and bouldering too, logbook up to date, message me if you'd like to arrange to arrange to meet up,
Cheers, James

Post edited at 09:25
 chris687 07 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Another one here, if anyone wants to get out then ping me a message. Similar grades to everyone else, plus trad if you're keen. 

Cheers

Calumnt 09 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hey guys, thanks for your replies. Sorry if I haven't got back to you all. Pretty stacked this week and away next week but definitely still keen to get out as much as possible. Will try and ping you when I can next get out if I haven't been in touch already. 

glilje 09 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Im also in a similar position to you guys. I climb sport around 6b/c, i was aiming for 7a pre lockdown and was working a couple routes but no clean leads yet! Really into trad, started leading last year so stil count myself a newbie!. Highest lead to date is a hvs but comfortable around hs, have a rack and up for adventures in the gorge!. Boulder ocassionaly and have a mat. Always keen to have more regular partners!

Cheers, george

Post edited at 19:38
 Ram 12 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hello Calumnt

I am free this weekend. I have been climbing on and off for 35 yrs. I have climbed E6 and 7c+ (In the 90s), but have had a long time out. I'm just getting back into it now and would be happy climbing 6b+ also. I'm from Yorkshire Dales, but l work in Slough Mon to Fri and stay in Wincanton Friday to Monday. Let me know if you would like to meet sometime.

David

steve_gibbs 17 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

If anyone's free Friday (19th), I'm keen to get out, for either sport or trad. Keen to find a Bristol-based climbing partner with a car, as I'm sadly lacking wheels. Feel free to PM me.

Donotello 17 Jun 2020
In reply to steve_gibbs:

PM’d

otiscs 18 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

pretty much same position as everyone looking for regular partners,
bouldered up to f6c/7a last year, keen to get into Sport.
Currently based in the Cotswolds, got a van and happy to drive

Cheers
Otis

slowmotion 22 Jun 2020
In reply to Calumnt:

Hi everyone. I'm free to climb on Friday if anyone else is?

Sobyeski 12:27 Mon
In reply to Calumnt:

Hi Calum

I live in Cheddar, so climb here and around Bristol / can travel etc.

Climb Sport outdoors up to 6c, similar standard bouldering.

Free most evenings, some weekends

Let me know, cheers

Peter

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.