/ Shining Clough Tomorrow Afternoon (Tuesday 10th)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
George Frisby 09 Sep 2019

Shining Clough Rocks

Hi, 

Anyone free for a climb at Shining Clough tomorrow afternoon (10th)? Could be there at 12.30. Got a full rack. Keen to get on the VS/HVS routes there. 

If anyone is keen give me a text on 07910268766.

George. 

olddirtydoggy 09 Sep 2019
In reply to George Frisby:

Whilst my post isn't an offer to join you I'll add this for what it's worth. The weather up here has been absolutely rotten today and I would be surprised if the north facing crag will be dry tomorrow. If you do the walk in and I'm wrong then that's great news but having had a good regular stint on there last season I'll offer some feedback for what it's worth. The climbing on there is some of our favourite so good luck either way!

George Frisby 09 Sep 2019
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Thanks for the feedback, it's been miserable in Manchester today but looking at the forecast for Crowden tomorrow, I'm hoping that by the afternoon the more exposed routes with less seepage will have dried out with the temperature and the wind forecasted. Worth a try as I'm keen to get up there and get some of the classics done before the wintery conditions set in and not about the next couple of weekends, despite it looking like mint weather this weekend!

Frank the Husky 09 Sep 2019

I've got to agree with the old dog, being one myself. I can be confident that it will be grim up there tomorrow. If it's still there might be midges. The VS/HVS routes up there are amazingly good, but you most likely won't enjoy them tomorrow. Wait until next year for these north facing high moorland crags. I was running over Crowden today and couldn't actually see Shining Clough through the mist.

olddirtydoggy 09 Sep 2019

Just stopped drizzling on and off at around 10pm in north Sheff. A cloudy 12 degrees won't help much tomorrow morning. Great area though, some classics on there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.