/ Summer climbing partners

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
The Wild Scallion 08 Jul 2019

I break up for Summer in 2 weeks time. 

I'll be able to do as much climbing as I can eat. 

Need partners.

Haven't climbed outside for ages.   Use to climb VS confidently , HVS selectively and E1 more selectively.

Check out my logbook for info.

Would like to start on building back up my confidence with easy stuff first , so any newbies are welcome .

Derby based. 

PS: doesn't have to be climbing , I'm up for scrambling and biking too. 

TWS

Post edited at 08:46
mary 10 Jul 2019
In reply to The Wild Scallion:

Hi Theres a group of us meeting (Derby area)Sunday, mixed abilities, ages etc. It's the Skyline Mountaineering Club. 

I'm retired and would be up for easy stuff - should you be desperate!

Mary

Jon Stewart 10 Jul 2019

I'm out climbing and scrambling in the Lakes the whole time (Sundays and random weekdays). Just give me a shout if you want to come up here - camping in Wasdale on a sunny weekday is pretty much as good as life gets IMO. The pub's really good there too. There's loads of routes classic mountain routes in the HS-HVS range that I haven't done but I'd love to. If you've never climbed on Scafell, maybe make it a goal for the summer, since it's the best crag in England by a country mile.

Jon

The Wild Scallion 11 Jul 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> I'm out climbing and scrambling in the Lakes the whole time (Sundays and random weekdays). Just give me a shout if you want to come up here - camping in Wasdale on a sunny weekday is pretty much as good as life gets IMO. The pub's really good there too. There's loads of routes classic mountain routes in the HS-HVS range that I haven't done but I'd love to. If you've never climbed on Scafell, maybe make it a goal for the summer, since it's the best crag in England by a country mile.

> Jon

Hi  John,  

Thanks I will be well up for that , I remember you saying before I could climb with you if I'm up that way and my last attempt at Scafell was a washout. 

I am definitely up in the lakes between the 10th of August till the 18th with a friend scrambling and I'm sure I could get a day or so in then , but I'll look at getting up before or after.

I will DM you closer to the time and see what your plans are. 

Thanks again 

Post edited at 12:30
The Wild Scallion 11 Jul 2019
In reply to mary:

> Hi Theres a group of us meeting (Derby area)Sunday, mixed abilities, ages etc. It's the Skyline Mountaineering Club. 

> I'm retired and would be up for easy stuff - should you be desperate!

> Mary

Thanks for the message Mary.

I think I know your name through Jan ? . Where do you meet ?

I almost joined a few years ago , but was wrapped up in my own issues at the time.

M

mary 11 Jul 2019

Yes you do! We meet at Willington car park, next to the canal, 9am Sunday. Willington is south of junction 4 on the A50.

Mail me for further info and so that we know if you are coming

Mary 

doz 08:40 Tue

If you make it North of the border to where the real climbing starts give me a shout!.

I've just had my holidays which means I'm really keen for excuses to shirk work☺️

L Railey956 08:55 Tue

Much obliged I will be well up for that, I recollect you saying before I could move with you in case I'm up that way and my last endeavor at Scafell was a washout.

In reply to Railey956:

> Much obliged I will be well up for that, I recollect you saying before I could move with you in case I'm up that way and my last endeavor at Scafell was a washout.

????

spenser 08:26 Thu

Hi mate,

Happy to head out climbing when I get home from Austria on the 28th. Can easily enough lift share as I only live over in Chester green.

In reply to spenser:

> Hi mate,

> Happy to head out climbing when I get home from Austria on the 28th. Can easily enough lift share as I only live over in Chester green.

Excellent.  I will be in touch after your back .

I'll be a bit rusty but hopefully not to bad.  

Cheers 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.