/ Tafraoute, Morocco - 3rd-7th December

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Plamen 18 Nov 2019

Hey

I'll be in Tafraoute area in early December and was hoping I can find myself a climbing partner for some multi pitching and perhaps some single-pitch routes. Let me know if you're interested in joining.

Cheers

L Plamen 27 Nov 2019

I would also greatly appreciate if you give me your input on whether I can find climbing partners on the spot. And if yes, where exactly can I try.

scott titt 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Plamen:

I think finding a partner will be difficult. You will be in Tafraoute a little after the main season. Most groups are organised well in advance with the climbing pairs long established.

If you ask at the Kasbah Tizourgane, Ida Ougadanif, there may be a group staying with an odd number. Otherwise, in Tafraoute, the carpet sellers on mopeds will know where there are climbers staying; they will find you!

clouds 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Plamen:

There's also some bouldering within easy reach of Tafraout, with circuits painted on so that could be an option if you end up alone.

spenser 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Plamen:

The kasbah Tizourgane usually has groups of climbers staying, albeit you are a bit late in the season. If you are in Tafraoute itself your best bet would be to drop into Maison Troc as the chap in there seems to know where groups of climbers are going to be, I believe he also hires out bouldering mats. Alternatively if you are stuck on your own there is a Cicerone book of scrambles for the area.

L Plamen 28 Nov 2019

Thanks for the information, guys.

It's a long shot looking for partners in the last minute. I'm kind of split whether to try with Tafraoute or Todra Gorge. Since I'm driving from Imlil, it's almost the same distance. I guess I'll choose the place where there's a greater chance of of finding someone to climb with. Thanks again!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.