UKC

/ Tenerife Partner in February

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
The Ivanator - on 08 Jan 2018
Hi!
I'm in Tenerife on a family holiday for a week in February, but have a pass for a day climbing. We arrive on Saturday 12th and I could climb any day from Sunday 13th to Friday 16th. I'll have sports climbing gear and am safe, relatively cheery and experienced although a mediocre climber! I'm after some 5s and 6as, but happy to belay on whatever. My logbook and profile are up to date.
We're staying in the Arico area would be great to hear from anyone who fancied joining me for a day out on rock. Post here or PM me through my profile.
Thanks,

Ivan
The Ivanator - on 08 Jan 2018
In reply to The Ivanator:

Dates I meant were Sunday 11th to Friday 16th February, doh!
The Ivanator - on 10 Jan 2018
Bump. Appreciate it's a long shot, but would be great if anyone was around. I know there is a climbing shop in Arico and plan to pick up the guidebook there, does anyone know if there are there message boards to pick up partners there? Or any useful online forums/FB groups etc. to source local partners (although my Spanish is minimal).
Post edited at 10:05
TimmyG on 10 Jan 2018

We were in the Roxtore shop in Villa de Arico last week, didn't notice any message boards but the guy behind the counter was super helpful so I'd suggest giving him a ring. I think they run the hostel next door (Tenerife Climbing House) so may be able to hook you up.

If you're looking for 5s and low 6s for a day then I'd suggest Tamadaya near Arico Viejo (topo guide available from the Roxtore shop), which is a bit more realistically graded than the main gorge at Ortiz.
Arico - Borrador de Tamadaya

Tim
The Ivanator - on 10 Jan 2018
In reply to TimmyG:

Thanks, good info.
The Ivanator - on 21:07 Thu

Now committed to a guided day (with my 5 year old) on Monday 12th, but still keen to get another day in for some grown up climbing. If anyone is keen...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.