UKC

/ Visiting climber looking for partners (E1 to E3)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
tjoliver - on 16 Apr 2018

Hi all,

I’m a 28-year-old Chamonix-based climber returning to the UK for a few months this spring/summer with a plan to travel around and get stuck into some classic British trad. As I learnt to climb out in the Alps and have done the bulk of my climbing over on the continent, I’ve not got many climbing partners back in the UK and so I’m looking for people who are keen to get out.

I’m most keen to get on classic multi-pitch trad in the E1 to E3 range. Areas I’m particularly keen to visit include Cornwall, the Lake District and just about any of the well-known mountain and coastal crags in Scotland. I’m also hoping to visit Pembroke at some point, make a trip over to Ireland in June and go back to North Wales, where I’ve done most of my British trad so far.

I should be back in the UK in the next week or so (certainly before the end of April) and will likely be around until mid-July. If you’re about and think you might fancy some climbing then get in touch. I’m particularly keen to hear from anyone who knows they’ll have a good block of days off, especially mid-week.

I’ll have my own car, a full rack of gear/ropes and will be more than happy to travel far for a few days of quality climbing if the weather looks promising.

My logbook is private, but you can get a good feel for what I’ve been up to by looking at my Instagram account (timjoliver) and blog (see profile; it’s a bit out of date).

Cheers,

Tim

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.