/ Found: 2 Carabiners - South Croydon

Found: 2 X DMM locking Carabiners in a road in South Croydon/Sanderstead. I'd guess they were most likely for PPE use, maybe a scaffolder or arborist? If they're yours let me know the model/gate colour and I'll drop them by  

Dell 28 Nov 2019
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Any markings on them that are not from the factory?  Etchings or tape with numbers on? 

Companies are required to mark lifting equipment for inspection logging purposes.  Of course there are probably many that don't. 

In reply to Dell:

Nothing I could see. If it was a self-employed arborist etc I doubt they would bother.

Dell 29 Nov 2019

No they don't bother. But the contractors that do the street trees would have to. 

Are they in good condition or well used? 

In reply to Dell:

Pretty chewed up, they were full of rain and grit when I found them, and I'm pretty sure someone might have driven over one. That or it was well used. I don't think they'll be super missed.

TobyA 02 Dec 2019

My Nan and Granddad used to live in Sanderstead (they've long since passed away). I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned anywhere before beyond my family. I had always presumed it was a place where absolutely nothing ever happens - but now you say you found TWO carabiners!!! ;)

In reply to TobyA:

Small world! I can assure you things are happening, just at a very slow pace.