/ Quickdraws removed from Maris Piper, Potato Head

tomrainbow 08 Sep 2019

I abseiled to retrieve two quickdraws that we had left on Maris Piper at Potato Head (the route with the tufa pipe) only to find they had gone. If you have them can you let me know. They are DMM Alpha Sport quickdraws (12cm long).

Thanks,

Tom 

tomrainbow 09 Sep 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

Bump.

Cusco 09 Sep 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

Can't be many who go there Tom. Torb-estorica. Hopefully, you'll get them back soon.

I must visit sometime. The photos remind me of the rock on the boulders between Maidencombe and Watcombe which we used to scramble over as kids. 

Wft 09 Sep 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

I'll ask for you on the FB Group, Tom. 

tomrainbow 10 Sep 2019
In reply to Wft:

Cheers guys.

There was lots of fresh chalk there so it's getting plenty of use at the moment. Watch out for the platform though as that is not long for the world (and you might not be if you fall through it).

Dale Turrell 10 Sep 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

The wooden platform?  It gave a very worrying crunch and crack when I put a foot on it back in July!

tomrainbow 10 Sep 2019
In reply to Dale Turrell:

Hmmm, have you been eating all the pies Dale?

Chris Ebbutt 10 Sep 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

Hi Tom

posted on the SDMC app to spread the word. Had a look over the summer while at the beach with the family, amazing bit of rock.

Chris

tomrainbow 11 Sep 2019
In reply to Chris Ebbutt:

Thanks Chris.

They are actually Steve's quickdraws but I thought I would ask for him as he has given up countless hours of his time to help develop these crags not to mention spending significant amounts of money on bolts and resin. In fact Steve would have retrieved these long ago if he hadn't selflessly moved on to other venues with me in the meantime. If you have got them he would really appreciate them back. I will happily pay the postage, so please email me.