UKC

2019 Predictions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

2019 predictions .

Using my mentat like logic and computational prediction algorithms.

Trump will encourage more aggravation on the southern boarder and this will result in the death of a migrant from gunfire.

Prince Philip will die.  

Rampikino 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Perhaps your predictions may come true, but to headline with 1 projected anonymous death and 1 very specific one does not make this an auspicious start to a thread, I'm afraid. Rather callous in my view.  But no doubt someone will be along shortly to trump your predictions and add a shit-load of Brexit.

Moley 07 Jan 2019

Certain newspapers will continue to promote a royal feud between those two wives and try their best to drive a wedge between Harry and William. And whatever other inconsequential s**t they can think of.

wercat 07 Jan 2019

Manston to feature for the second time in a  Battle of Britain

Post edited at 09:54
 profitofdoom 07 Jan 2019

1. everyone will stop worrying about Brexit and soon forget about it and it'll become a page 99 item in the newspapers [remember them?]

2. the UK will become a republic and the royals [remember them?] will move to Bermuda

3. UK rail fares will drop by 80% by popular demand

4. peace will break out in the Middle East. Love-fest on the Gaza Strip

5. Trump will resign

In reply to Rampikino:

> Perhaps your predictions may come true, but to headline with 1 projected anonymous death and 1 very specific one does not make this an auspicious start to a thread, I'm afraid. Rather callous in my view.  But no doubt someone will be along shortly to trump your predictions and add a shit-load of Brexit.

You can always add a rose coloured prediction to brighten up the mood.

Babika 07 Jan 2019

Lewis will win a 6th Grand Prix title

England will win the new Nations League in June

No Brit will get into the second week at Wimbledon

Liverpool will take the Prem title

Trotter's Independent Trading Co. will get a £1Bn contract to handle logisitics for the NHS using an amphibious Reliant Robin.   

krikoman 07 Jan 2019

TPS will be down graded to HVS.

A peoples vote.

No Brexit.

fred99 07 Jan 2019
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

> Trotter's Independent Trading Co. will get a £1Bn contract to handle logisitics for the NHS using an amphibious Reliant Robin.   

Come now, Trotter's Independent Trading Co. use a Reliant REGAL.

Phil Anderson 07 Jan 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

> 1. everyone will stop worrying about Brexit and soon forget about it and it'll become a page 99 item in the newspapers [remember them?]

> 2. the UK will become a republic and the royals [remember them?] will move to Bermuda

> 3. UK rail fares will drop by 80% by popular demand

> 4. peace will break out in the Middle East. Love-fest on the Gaza Strip

> 5. Trump will resign

I think you might need to change your username.

hang_about 07 Jan 2019

I predict 2019 will be very unpredictable

Blue Straggler 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Moley:

> Certain newspapers will continue to promote a royal feud between those two wives and try their best to drive a wedge between Harry and William. And whatever other inconsequential s**t they can think of.

Yeah I do sometimes spot those headlines. What is the press agenda behind all that?

felt 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Issa patriarchy innit

wercat 07 Jan 2019

more trouble in the Baltic

Pete Pozman 07 Jan 2019
In reply to wercat:

> more trouble in the Baltic

I predict the Schleswig-Holstein situation will be resolved. 

profitofdoom 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Phil Anderson:

> I think you might need to change your username.

Thanks, and good point, how about <profitofjoy>

Moley 07 Jan 2019

> Yeah I do sometimes spot those headlines. What is the press agenda behind all that?

I have absolutely no idea, I just keep seeing the headlines but have no interest in it. Other than leave them alone and stop stirring s**t for the sake of it.

Trangia 07 Jan 2019

There will be a second referendum. Remain will win by a significant margin. The various EU countries will continue to become chaotic and will be joined by others, one by one they will vote to leave the EU until we are the only one left and Britain will become Great again with a whopping big Treasury Balance paid by the divorce bills of all the others.

Siward 07 Jan 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

profitof, or prophet of?

toad 07 Jan 2019

There will be many new appointees to the post of steward and bailiff of the chiltern hundreds

stevieb 07 Jan 2019

While things get a little bit gloomier in our corner of the world, millions of people worldwide will be lifted out of extreme poverty 

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2016/12/23/14062168/history-global-conditi...

Lusk 07 Jan 2019
In reply to stevieb:

If we get poorer, does that mean that some other people, somewhere, get a little bit richer?

If it is the case, seems OK to me, we can handle it!

profitofdoom 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Siward:

> profitof, or prophet of?

profitofdoom, named after the climb at Curbar

MG 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Lusk:

> If we get poorer, does that mean that some other people, somewhere, get a little bit richer?

No.

stevieb 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Lusk:

> If we get poorer, does that mean that some other people, somewhere, get a little bit richer?

> If it is the case, seems OK to me, we can handle it!

Nice sentiment, but us getting poorer is not a requirement, and if we are poorer due to protectionism it could even have a negative effect. We will undoubtedly get a smaller share of the world’s resources, but this can easily be counteracted by productivity. 

RomTheBear 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Lusk:

Nope.

RomTheBear 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Trangia:

> There will be a second referendum. Remain will win by a significant margin. The various EU countries will continue to become chaotic and will be joined by others, one by one they will vote to leave the EU until we are the only one left and Britain will become Great again with a whopping big Treasury Balance paid by the divorce bills of all the others.

Best Brexit plan I've ever heard so far.

Timmd 07 Jan 2019

> Yeah I do sometimes spot those headlines. What is the press agenda behind all that?

If Radio 4/Women's Hour is to be believed, it's down to misogyny - the patriarchy. It's mean spirited either way. 

jkarran 08 Jan 2019

It sells. the people interested in re-heated Diana stories must be dying in droves by now, they need to create something new.

jk

Removed User 08 Jan 2019

Theresa May's EU settlement will be voted down.

There will be a Peoples Vote.

We will remain in the EU.

Theresa May will resign.

Liverpool will bottle it and come second in the EPL behind Man city.

Apple will continue to shrink in value as Iphone sales dwindle in China and India.

This winter will be the worst in living memory. For climbers.

Tringa 08 Jan 2019

I'd like to predict a second referendum on remaining or leaving the EU, but I don't see the Government having the guts to admit it the 2016 referendum was an almighty mess, so

After 29th March prices will go up. This tends to happen whenever there is a major change and all the increases will be blamed on the EU.

To maintain consistency the Government will blame any downturn in the economy on the EU and/or the previous administration.

An announcement by Jacob Rees-Mogg  that the recent ending of the Great War heralds a new Golden Age for the UK.

Dave

Post edited at 14:42
Gone for good 08 Jan 2019

I predict my predictions  will be predictably wrong!!

… Turkey will join the EU and the NHS will receive 350 million pounds a week extra, thus proving that all those who voted to leave the EU, knew what they were voting for and have secured the UK's future as a progressive, tolerant and outward looking society ...

Pete Pozman 08 Jan 2019

Trump will start a war when he is threatened with impeachment for betraying his country. 

We will send troops to support the Trump war effort so that he will grant us a fantastic trade deal  

Administration of the NHS will be taken on by Seaborne Freight after its fantastic success in running the Ramsgate to Ostend relief ferry service which will entirely mitigate the effects of the No Deal Brexit. Which will happen  

Theresa May will do the Tour de Mont Blanc for her summer holidays and stay in Switzerland 

Following this there will be a general election which Jeremy will win in a landslide. He'll then negotiate a fantastic trade deal with the EU which will secure all the benefits we have now without paying anything  

Nobody in America will want to fight in Trump's war and everything will turn out OK  

ianstevens 08 Jan 2019
In reply to krikoman:

> TPS will be down graded to HVS.

Less of a prediction and more the current state of affairs no?

> A peoples vote.

> No Brexit.

krikoman 08 Jan 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

> Less of a prediction and more the current state of affairs no?

I'm still on the old guide

The coming of the Antichrist?

Post edited at 23:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...