UKC

4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire - No more

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Seymore Butt 23 Nov 2020

With apologies to the Beatles.

I read in the paper at the weekend that the government want to throw away the (Green Book) and level up the North / South economic divide by spending £1.5Billion on filling in the North of Englands potholes (I hope he wasn't thinking of Gaping Gill in this plan by the way).

Or Is this just another of Boris's daft grand ideas like :- Brexit, HS2, Only new electric cars by 2030, Bridge to Ireland etc.

I despair at whats got into this blokes head these days

Rob Exile Ward 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Seymore Butt:

He wants to be loved.

It's embarrassing and pathetic.

Is this new, or is this the same funding as announced in March?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-51823408

OP Seymore Butt 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> He wants to be loved.

> It's embarrassing and pathetic.

Even the tory press are despairing of his actions these days

Billhook 23 Nov 2020

During his election campaign he  also drove around in a bus with big signage plastered on the sides about how much the EU was costing us and a statement to the effect that if he won he'd spend it on the NHS.

I wonder how many hospitals have been commissioned as a result?  (Ok, I am aware that 'spend it on the NHS doesn't just mean hospitals)

He did that to get voted in.   I think most politicians make promises to get themselves in power.

Enty 23 Nov 2020

This time last year I was on a bus from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh where the roads are infinitely better than Rossendale

E

Removed User 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Billhook:

He's spent 1/5th of the entire NHS budget - £33bn - on test and trace...

Andy Chubb 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Removed UserBilberry:

Are you sure about that figure? The Mirror says £10bill and the FT says £12 bill. Where did £33bill come from as money actually spent?

In reply to Billhook:

> Ok, I am aware that 'spend it on the NHS doesn't just mean hospitals

No, it means give it to your mates, and masquerade it as 'the NHS track and trace'. About £230 million a week...

Post edited at 20:51
OP Seymore Butt 23 Nov 2020

The tories have promised to level up government spending on the different regions of the country, which at the moment they spend twice as much in the south as they do in the north. Will they ? i very much doubt it.

But we might at least get a smooth ride to the dole office.

Removed User 24 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Chubb:

BBC 6 o clock news yesterday I think.

It's from the Covid winter plan - and seems to be £15 spent ytd; £7 more committed this year (announced yesterday) and £11 in 2021

"This strategy is backed by an additional 7 billion pounds for NHS (National Health Service) Test and Trace to increase testing and continue to improve contact tracing, taking the overall funding provided for Test and Trace this financial year to 22 billion pounds"

The point, that it's a shedload of money for a failing system, stands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...