UKC

A5 Idwal Cottage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 07 Jan 2018

As I have so often noticed before, when the weather is good, there were loads of vehicles parked along the road and on the pavement either side of Idwal Cottage today. Downhill from Idwal Cottage cars were parked for several hundred yards partly on the pavement and partly on the road.

Along this stretch of road there is actually a double white line and my understanding is that it is illegal to park (or part park?) on the road where there are double lines.

Any others frequenting the area and noticed the illegal parking?
Post edited at 17:19
 jezb1 07 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:
Errr yes, every busy weekend, you’ll also often notice they have yellow stickers of joy stuck to their windscreens quite often, requesting they pay for the privilege.
OP mypyrex 07 Jan 2018
In reply to jezb1:
> you’ll also often notice they have yellow stickers of joy stuck to their windscreens quite often, requesting they pay for the privilege.

I've seen it in vicinity of Pen y Pass and PyG but I can't say I've seen it at Idwal.
Post edited at 17:48
 Matt Schwarz 07 Jan 2018
In reply to jezb1:

Definitely not enough yellow sticker's of joy!
 Offwidth 07 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

A tax on the stupid. Fine and 3 points if caught.
 maxsmith 08 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

yeah I've never seen yellow stickers at idwal, I thought parking on the (very wide) pavements there was tolerated?
OP mypyrex 08 Jan 2018
In reply to maxsmith:

> I thought parking on the (very wide) pavements there was tolerated?
I don't know about that but many yesterday were parked partly on the pavement and partly on the road along the double white line section.
 maxsmith 08 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

I'm asking Jez if he has seen yellow stickers there...sorry replied to wrong post.
 jezb1 08 Jan 2018
In reply to maxsmith:

Seen them countless times, don’t risk it!
Ffat Boi 08 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:
yup every weekend,even when the car park is empty.
that's when the fines come out and when the cars wheels are on the road

edit: i wasn't finished and i've got fat fingers .
Post edited at 12:28
Rigid Raider 08 Jan 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

When I cycled around Snowdonia one Saturday last summer I was shocked at the numbers of cars parked along both sides of the three roads leading to the PyG. It looked as if the verges had even been block-paved to make parking possible. Astonishing.
 spartacus 08 Jan 2018
In reply to
Not endorsable so no penalty points.
(Unless done for ‘Dangerous position’ which is more than parking on the roadside)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...