UKC

Agent provocateurs among us...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I have noticed a number of recent accounts, all pushing a similar political viewpoint, and not posting on anything other than political threads.

Am I living up to my nom-de-net, or are we being 'influenced'...?

Timmd 27 Aug 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

Can you remember which threads? That sounds interesting. 

wintertree 27 Aug 2020

We have been since March at least.  The site owners very rapidly delete the most egregious threads and user accounts it seems - good on them.

steve_gibbs 27 Aug 2020

Yeah I’ve noted a lot of them lately. Countless postings from accounts opened in recent months, with no logbook, no wish list, no profile details and no history of postings on the forum, with exception of a couple of politically persuasive entries! I thus theorise that those wishing to influence others must no doubt sign up to kayaking forums, running forums, cycling forums, etc, etc, repeating their posts to maximise coverage.

An example includes one regarding a petition to stop an incinerator in Portland, posted in recent days.

It’s a well established fact nowadays that the state-sponsored flooding of social media, forums, online newsfeeds, etc, is an inexpensive and powerful tool to influence the proletariat masses in favour of a selected theme. The 21st century battle is for you mind.

Clauso 27 Aug 2020

Oh, good!... I love a nice bit of lingerie, me.

In reply to steve_gibbs:

Do all these other sports have the same format as UKC?

TobyA 27 Aug 2020

Who? I see absolutely nothing wrong with you just saying the user names. I can't say I have noticed it that really, but I don't read anything in down the pub threads so miss a lot of the political/current affairs discussions I think. I also get confused between various different anonymous or quasi-anonymous posters.

Post edited at 14:21
RentonCooke 27 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

I joined primarily for the notoriously riotous politics discussions.

TobyA 27 Aug 2020
In reply to RentonCooke:

Are you outing yourself as a deep state sock puppet then?! spasibo tovarishch/спасибо товарищ! How's the weather in St Petersburg currently.

dread-i 27 Aug 2020
In reply to steve_gibbs:

>It’s a well established fact nowadays that the state-sponsored flooding of social media, forums, online newsfeeds, etc, is an inexpensive and powerful tool to influence the proletariat masses in favour of a selected theme. The 21st century battle is for you mind.

There are some superb disinformation campaigns out there. Some have run their course, others are just picking up. Just because it's trying to sway your views, doesn't necessarily mean its run by a dubious government or their lackeys.

One of the beauties of the internet, is that anyone who can spell internet can exert influence. It's not that hard. There are an awful lot of companies who are ad agencies or 'viral marketeers' or similar. What do you need to get started? A computer, a VPN or two and some software. There are howto's on running viral campaigns on social media. You can buy likes, retweets and links. All that's really needed is a giant ego, a crap suit, the ability to bulls*it your customers and yourself. Throw in some gullible / dodgy customers and you're a new media guru.  

Please call out the dubious, but be aware there are only so many times you can say the 'ruskies are coming'. People soon label you paranoid. Until you're right, of course. But then you don't get the credit, because the people who were calling you paranoid, simply say 'we knew that anyway'. But, curiously, they always seem to say it after the event.

If you want a master class in disinformation, see how Kenosha unfolds. 

Clauso 27 Aug 2020
In reply to RentonCooke:

> I joined primarily for the notoriously riotous politics discussions.

Riotous?.... The place is a positive haven of tranquillity, these days.

You'd have loved it here back in the golden age of bunfights.

Yanis Nayu 27 Aug 2020
In reply to Clauso:

And you look lovely in it!

Clauso 27 Aug 2020
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> And you look lovely in it!

Thanks... I waxed my legs especially.

In reply to steve_gibbs:

I don’t know about the Portland incinerator thread - the OP has been a member of the site for over 14 years. That would be a hell of a lot of forward planning for state sponsored influencing of our waste disposal schemes. I think that is just a normal site member who doesn’t use the forums.

Timmd 27 Aug 2020
In reply to Clauso:

> You'd have loved it here back in the golden age of bunfights.

It was more bun fighty, and also more diverse despite that.

The philosophical hippies no longer frequent these fora...

tjdodd 27 Aug 2020

And then there were all the threads on scrambling (locations and grades) that were clearly started by Boris under two aliases to deflect our attention away from his incompetence.

Lankyman 27 Aug 2020
In reply to tjdodd:

> And then there were all the threads on scrambling (locations and grades) that were clearly started by Boris under two aliases to deflect our attention away from his incompetence.

No, no - that's Dominic. Far too sophisticated and clever for BJ.

bouldery bits 27 Aug 2020

I am a long time agent provocateur but I do it for free.

#TheBorisFireWasReal

#LoveChina

squarepeg 27 Aug 2020

Shhhhh

wercat 27 Aug 2020
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

And they do it all on an IBM XT!

wercat 27 Aug 2020
In reply to steve_gibbs:

the length and time devoted to some political threads by alleged posters makes me wonder if they are manned in shifts

seen the same thing on share websites

Donotello 28 Aug 2020

I wonder if any of this letched into the replies and likes / dislikes in the replies to the ‘Climbing has a race problem’ Article a few weeks ago. I was gobsmacked and disgusted by the discussion in there and the thread was being talked about across climbing Facebook groups and social media before it was locked. 

I seem to remember a guy saying his wife was Chinese and had never had an issue at the crag therefore there was absolutely no race problem at all in climbing, and other similar discussion that was baffling.  

Post edited at 00:32
In reply to wercat:

> And they do it all on an IBM XT!

That's nothing, they run our aircraft carriers off a BBC Micro.

In reply to Lankyman:

> No, no - that's Dominic. Far too sophisticated and clever for BJ.

Here is a classic 77th Brigade post.

https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/1298628053522886658/photo/1

FactorXXX 28 Aug 2020

You're a complete and utter loon.

In reply to FactorXXX:

> You're a complete and utter loon.

Look at the sh*t Trump comes out with.  Professional disinformation does not look like reasonable communication.   The point is not to convince sensible people it is to provide bullsh*t emotive arguments to get stupid people to do what you want.  Being totally mental in your statements means they get retweeted and commented on by people piling in to disagree - which is exactly what you want because it means more people see them.

The original post came from George Galloway's crazy new unionist organisation.   http://www.alliance4unity.uk/   Amazingly Michael Gove is in talks with these lunatics.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gove-enlists-old-enemies-to-help-save-th...

The retweet is from a unionist bot.   Bots like that are a classic tactic for organised manipulation of social media.   There are a ton of them and they all retweet and amplify the same sh*t.   Somebody is paying for them.  Are they UK military or are they some commercial outfit, I don't know.  But the UK military has the capability and the Vote Leave people currently running the country used the same tactics in the Brexit referendum.

ptrickey 28 Aug 2020
In reply to wintertree:

Fake new users could be weeded out by requiring them to submit an answer to "what have they ever done on grit?".

Dr.S at work 28 Aug 2020

Tom - you said that tweet was a classic piece from the UK military, now you say you dont know - which is it?

Toerag 28 Aug 2020

> That's nothing, they run our aircraft carriers off a BBC Micro.

That wouldn't surprise me. The telephone exchanges I control are about as powerful as a Pentium PC.

In reply to Dr.S at work:

> Tom - you said that tweet was a classic piece from the UK military, now you say you dont know - which is it?

I have no idea.  I was half kidding because it was so silly. 

However, I think the UK government is employing social media bots to support unionism, whether they are military bots or bots purchased from a commercial organisation or both I have no way of knowing.   The Tories have been open on allocating large amounts of money to 'support the union'.  Some of it is going on overt advertising with their name on it some on sh*t like social media bots.   

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-disinformation-twitter-facebook

Post edited at 09:59
 Alkis 28 Aug 2020

That's a pretty good example of a thread with bots in it, as I mentioned on John's Covid thread. Here's one of them:

dread-i 28 Aug 2020

> Look at the sh*t Trump comes out with.  Professional disinformation does not look like reasonable communication.   The point is not to convince sensible people it is to provide bullsh*t emotive arguments to get stupid people to do what you want.  Being totally mental in your statements means they get retweeted and commented on by people piling in to disagree - which is exactly what you want because it means more people see them.

You're forgetting the much more subtle approach.

If you outright deny something it is easy to be dismissed. I.e: 'There is no climate change'.

It's far better to spread some confusion. I.e; 'Climate change is a real issue. There have been many climate events in earths history. More research is required to separate human influence from natural events.'

See what I did there? By agreeing with the point, I'm on your side of the argument. By questioning elements of the argument, using science, I'm not an enemy just misinformed. You will spend your energy trying to educate me, rather than writing me off as a idiot or troll.

As I said further up, watch how Kenosha plays out. Kyle Rittenhouse, has gone from vigilante murderer, to potential presidential candidate and hero of the right, defender of American values.

In reply to dread-i:

> You're forgetting the much more subtle approach.

No, I completely agree that is another approach.  There are multiple tactics in use to address different demographics.

Another tactic is to try and get an influential account with thousands of followers to engage in a debate with a brand new or kept-on-ice account and then say something provocative which doesn't quite break the rules, like implying the influential person is stupid.  What they want is for the influential account to get angry and step outside the rules so that they can complain - or get multiple bots to complain - and get the influential account banned.

Post edited at 12:34
 Harry Jarvis 28 Aug 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> You're forgetting the much more subtle approach.

> If you outright deny something it is easy to be dismissed. I.e: 'There is no climate change'.

> It's far better to spread some confusion. I.e; 'Climate change is a real issue. There have been many climate events in earths history. More research is required to separate human influence from natural events.'

You may be interested in 'Merchants of Doubt', Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchants_of_Doubt

It's a fascinating account of the strategy you describe, whereby doubt and confusion has been used to question the validity of a number of topics such as the health impacts of smoking, acid rain, the ozone layer and of course climate change. The tactic is successful in that it has delayed action on all these topics by years, and in some cases decades. 

dread-i 28 Aug 2020

Trevor's axiom

dread-i 28 Aug 2020
In reply to Harry Jarvis:

Thanks for that. I'm aware of it, though I've not read it.

There is a rather blurry ven diagram that covers state sponsored hacking groups, state sponsored disinformation campaigns, criminal hacking groups, political influence groups, concerned groups of individuals, commercial influencing opperations and good old trolling. The trick is to appear to be in several camps and none, all at the same time.

LeeWood 29 Aug 2020

But as you say such contributors are fairly easy to recognise.

I suspect the greater danger here are long established personalities but how in any case do you distinguish an 'influencer' from a 'contributor' ,

Post edited at 07:17
 Dave B 29 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

I believe the storks are flying low over Moscow this winter. 

Route Adjuster 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Dave B:

Only when the wind blows from the East

Mical 29 Aug 2020

Feel the same. Also dislike the abuse some get by those that disagree with comments. Right or left have views but feel it would be better to keep them to yourselves.

Stichtplate 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Mical:

> Right or left have views but feel it would be better to keep them to yourselves.

Then what’s the point of forums?

SouthernSteve 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Stuart Williams:

They were a sleeper agent!

TobyA 29 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

>  but how in any case do you distinguish an 'influencer' from a 'contributor' ,

With you linking to websites disseminating conspiracy theories based on far right rhetoric, which do you think you are?

LeeWood 30 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> >  but how in any case do you distinguish an 'influencer' from a 'contributor' ,

> With you linking to websites disseminating conspiracy theories based on far right rhetoric, which do you think you are?

I'm a failed influencer - I have no JTRIG training

cb294 30 Aug 2020

In good UKC tradition: Should it not be agents provocateurs?* You will never get a proper answer if you leave an open flank to the pedant army!

CB

* no idea, really, as my French is crap, but that has never stopped anyone from posting!

mondite 30 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I'm a failed influencer - I have no JTRIG training

What about from the Internet Research Agency?

LeeWood 30 Aug 2020
In reply to mondite:

> What about from the Internet Research Agency?

No, I have no training from them either ! I have NO training . Except what life has handed me.

Interesting coincidence the 'IRA'. IMHO we are more at risk from the CCDH agents - renamed by some as the Center for Cancel Culture & Digital Hypocrisy. An pseudo NGO concerned with internet censoring;  it starts out with honest & unilaterally acceptable objectives - but progresses into 'the party line' ie. anything which doesn't agree with their politics - is dangerous.

TobyA 30 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Interesting coincidence the 'IRA'. IMHO we are more at risk from the CCDH agents - renamed by some as the Center for Cancel Culture & Digital Hypocrisy. An pseudo NGO concerned with internet censoring;  it starts out with honest & unilaterally acceptable objectives - but progresses into 'the party line'

So who is it you felt got treated too harshly - Hopkins, Galloway or Icke? The mind boggles!

LeeWood 30 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> So who is it you felt got treated too harshly - Hopkins, Galloway or Icke? The mind boggles!

Whatever 'black & white' judgment you can slap on any of these personalities - such a viewpoint will not be justifiable for a.n.other - in the regard of others. By all means circulate opinions and advise - but this should not prohibit people from internet presence - just because they hold a differing viewpoint.

Context matters.

john arran 30 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Very easy, and very justifiable, to slap a 'black and white' judgement on any such 'a.n.other' who's espousing batshit crazy ideas about such things as holocaust denial, 5g covid links, fake moon-landings, etc. Not that people shouldn't be allowed to espouse such nonsense on the internet, but IMO whenever such nonsense appears it should be accompanied by a message that such ideas have been comprehensively and irrefutably discredited and remain the preserve of either wishful thinkers or those not in possession of their faculties.

LeeWood 30 Aug 2020
In reply to john arran:

Well there's a start - which however reasonable may be just the thin end of the censoring wedge. From where / how is Icke banned - just from appearing on Twitter / FB ?

The problem is immediately less black and white in our current predicament in consideration of covid-19 cures / therapies. Should cures other than WHO recommendations be visible on the media / internet ? 

More generally - should the public be prevented choosing any 'herbal' / 'alternative' health  treatment for disease ?

john arran 30 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> The problem is immediately less black and white in our current predicament in consideration of covid-19 cures / therapies. Should cures other than WHO recommendations be visible on the media / internet ? 

> More generally - should the public be prevented choosing any 'herbal' / 'alternative' health  treatment for disease ?

I think it should be pretty obvious that nothing should be able to be promoted and described as a 'cure' to any medical condition unless it has approval from whatever medical establishment is recognised as the competent authority. That leaves people to make all sorts of claims about quack remedies, but IMO none of these should be allowed to be referred to as a 'cure' or a 'treatment' and all references to non-verified interventions should be auto-flagged with a warning that they do not share the widespread support of medical experts.  When they're actively harmful - such as ingesting bleach - rather than simply ineffectual, they should be identified as such and in some cases perhaps sales should be prohibited. And, yes, this also should be the case for current and well-established 'alternative medicine' interventions such as homeopathy. I'm sure you'll be able to identify grey areas but that would be missing the point of such public information and health protection measures.

La benya 30 Aug 2020
In reply to Donotello:

That was me... Wrong Asian but who cares, right? You've completely mischaraterised my statements (I was asking for specific examples to back up another's assertions of race issues in the outdoor as their experience didn't match mine-they were. Being evasive) but if it helps you live your little life denying that opposing opinions exist in the world then so be it.

TobyA 30 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

You again didn't answer the question once again, so I'm putting you down as holding a bit of a torch for that Katie H!

But mate, feel free to keep sharing links of far-right websites going on about the New World Order and how covid is all a hoax. No one is stopping you, but in the same vein I'll keeping calling it bullshit and far right bilge when it is.

wintertree 30 Aug 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Then what’s the point of forums?

To be an echo chamber!  An allegation often shouted by someone of any persuasion when they loose an argument...

facet 30 Aug 2020

you need to consider your username before pursuing this agenda further...

In reply to facet:

"Am I living up to my nom-de-net"

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> You again didn't answer the question once again, so I'm putting you down as holding a bit of a torch for that Katie H!

No idea who she is

> But mate, feel free to keep sharing links of far-right websites going on about the New World Order and how covid is all a hoax. No one is stopping you, but in the same vein I'll keeping calling it bullshit and far right bilge when it is.

In political persuasion I'm largely with Monbiot - and (in UK context) Labour as led by Corbyn. Their views are often represented in the Guardian, but more pointedly in Double Down News.

https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2019/december/exposed-the-secret-elite-gr...

https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2019/22/december/why-labour-lost-oligarch...

https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2020/27/august/its-time-to-overthrow-the-...

Otherwise I'm not averse to quoting material from sources which appear to be supported by backing of all persuasions - if I can see it is The Truth. ie. the truth of Real health, Real human sociological needs, Real care of the planet etc I have no direct empathy with Far Right politics

Now it's your turn. What are your political persuasions ?

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to john arran:

> unless it has approval from whatever medical establishment is recognised as the competent authority

>  the widespread support of medical experts

'Recognised as competent' & 'widespread support' - as approved by the new Silicon Valley authority of Google, Facebook & their alliance with the W H O ?

Double Down has something to say on phramaceutical interests: 

https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2020/5/may/when-it-comes-to-a-coronavirus...

But they don't go far enough IMO. They call out the oligarchs and financial interests on vaccines but don't relate the connection with the W H O dealings

Recent objective commentary for UKC readers - here in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/30/covid-vaccine-rush-could-ma...?

Current regs insist that a 'viable' vaccine should be 30% effective. The Guardian's concern is that the warp speed campaign will produce variants less effective.

Even at 30% effective - how could a vaccination campaign ever be argued as worthwhile - on an individual or group basis ?  

Post edited at 08:35
 Dave Garnett 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Even at 30% effective - how could a vaccination campaign ever be argued as worthwhile - on an individual or group basis ?  

Easily.  It depends what 30% effective means, but, on an individual basis, if it prevents a mild, local epithelial infection in the upper airways becoming a serious systemic infection - that’s the difference between feeling a bit poorly and ending up in ITU.

On a population basis, reducing the proportion of the population capable of catching and transmitting the infection by a third would have a significant effect on the R value.

Post edited at 08:52
 john arran 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Hardly surprising that a growing number don't appear to be able to see clearly through the fog of strawmen and scaremongering; it must be pretty dark down those rabbit holes.

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > unless it has approval from whatever medical establishment is recognised as the competent authority

> >  the widespread support of medical experts

> 'Recognised as competent' & 'widespread support' - as approved by the new Silicon Valley authority of Google, Facebook & their alliance with the W H O ?

This is why you are getting such a hard time on here. It's your insistence there is some overarching controlling alliance of groups, with some sort of undefined agenda.

> Double Down has something to say on phramaceutical interests: 

> But they don't go far enough IMO. They call out the oligarchs and financial interests on vaccines but don't relate the connection with the W H O dealings

I haven't really got the time to watch a YouTube video, and I'm a bit critical of any outlet that relies on videos - rhetoric and advocacy in a 'good' presentation can paper over the cracks in logic that are more obvious in a written thesis.

But it's interesting that you agree with them - except when they don't match your pre-formed opinion - bias...?

FWIW it's quite clear that a pharmaceutical industry may make more money out of a vaccine for a chronic illness than a "cure", but there a an awful lot of people in the world - so there is a massive market for a good vaccine, with probable market positions for every vaccine that is produced. There may be the unsavoury position of richer countries being able to afford "better" vaccines, but thanks to charities and philanthropy (like the Gates foundation) there are a lot of people who will be paying to try and redress that. 

I appreciate that it would shatter your world view to see Gates on the side of"good" though...

> Recent objective commentary for UKC readers - here in the Guardian:

> Current regs insist that a 'viable' vaccine should be 30% effective. The Guardian's concern is that the warp speed campaign will produce variants less effective.

> Even at 30% effective - how could a vaccination campaign ever be argued as worthwhile - on an individual or group basis ?  

Not just the Guardian's concerns. The concerns of the scientists that the Guardian quotes. And the concerns of the scientific and regulatory community - hence why there are the very public arguments and discussions about the processes through which vaccines need to be developed.

None of this is secret. None of this is a conspiracy.

And no-one is saying that a vaccine ISN'T the solution to this.

Edit to add.

It's another example of you trying to connect unconnected dots. I guess it could be the human desire to recognise patterns. I heard a good quote yesterday about conspiracy theories - "making the leap from the undeniable to the unbelievable".

Post edited at 09:35
 Stichtplate 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> This is why you are getting such a hard time on here. It's your insistence there is some overarching controlling alliance of groups, with some sort of undefined agenda.

This, plus a deep seated belief that the health care sector just wants to make money and doesn't actually want to make people well, but that the opposite is true for a whole crowd of cranks and shysters.

A very wise and experienced consultant gave me his take on Holistic/Alternative/Functional Medicine...when a treatment has been definitively proven to work it doesn't need some outlandish prefix, it's simply called "Medicine".

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

And no-one is saying that a vaccine ISN'T the solution to this.

No there are few left who will risk 'Bill Chill' and anti-vax speak. But Robert F Kennedy Jr did a good job on both counts in his talk to protesters in Berlin, just a few days ago

ps. He's a Democrat

elsewhere 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

I'm not an unreasonable anti-vax idiot...

> And no-one is saying that a vaccine ISN'T the solution to this.

but here's an anti-vax message I approve of...

> No there are few left who will risk 'Bill Chill' and anti-vax speak. But Robert F Kennedy Jr did a good job on both counts in his talk to protesters in Berlin, just a few days ago

and here's something tangential...

> ps. He's a Democrat

Post edited at 11:43
 TobyA 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> But Robert F Kennedy Jr did a good job on both counts in his talk to protesters in Berlin, just a few days ago

> ps. He's a Democrat

So what? It's hardly anything new to people who follow US politics and culture that the anti-vax movement in the US is most deeply rooted in two particular environments: religiously orthodox communities - particularly the Hasidim in New York and around there, and in lefty, leafy, wealthy Californian communities, Santa Monica and the like, where people are both very progressive (strongly Democrat) and still influenced by the legacy of New Age ideas from the 70s and 80s. 

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > 

> And no-one is saying that a vaccine ISN'T the solution to this.

> No there are few left who will risk 'Bill Chill' and anti-vax speak. But Robert F Kennedy Jr did a good job on both counts in his talk to protesters in Berlin, just a few days ago

> ps. He's a Democrat

Are you really that unquestioning of your sources? Or just the ones who disagree with your pre decided position?

Robert Kennedy Jr as a credible source?

From THREE years ago:-

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-robert-f-kennedy-jr-distorte...

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> From THREE years ago:-

One thing you would never do - is look for anti-vax support within BigScience - because it's all stitched up. Anyone who talks anti-vax is dis-credited - a heretic. So this is hardly surprising. But there - as a reminder - Richard Horton of the Lancet held out for 12yrs before retracting his anti-vax criticisms - Bravo!

Which is further how BG has built his security - the pyramid of support he has is formidable, so you and your confréres are pretty safe from a bumbly like me - in fact I still can't figure why you even bother with counter-argument :/

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> So what? 

I would not for one minute imagine to dislodge you from your entrenched bias - it was just to provide evidence of my lack of bias - lockdown sceptical commentary comes from many quarters, not just far right.

Anyway, you haven't answered my question - you owe me now ! I thought you'd be smart enough to work out mine - if I'm not an influencer I'm obviously a contributor !

Except for a third option :/   

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to elsewhere:

In this epoch anyone who has the courage to stand on a podium and criticise one of the biggest cover-ups of the last century - merits acclaim. The world's future is carried on the weight of these lies;

Bravo RFK !

elsewhere 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

But what about the 5G?

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> One thing you would never do - is look for anti-vax support within BigScience - because it's all stitched up. Anyone who talks anti-vax is dis-credited - a heretic. So this is hardly surprising. But there - as a reminder - Richard Horton of the Lancet held out for 12yrs before retracting his anti-vax criticisms - Bravo!

"It's all stitched up"?? You have a pretty screwed up idea of how science works.

When evidence is discovered  that demonstrates a problem with a vaccine it is flagged up, investigated and if confirmed - addressed. For example problems with vaccines made from attenuated viruses.

I'm presuming you are praising the Lancet for failing to retract Wakefield's autism paper linking Autism to vaccination for 12 years.  How on earth you can think it's praiseworthy when despite repeated studies, reviews and studies of studies there is NO link between autism and vaccination, and that paper and it's long term effects on the views on vaccinations by parents has probably been responsible for more harm to children across the world than any other single act.

> Which is further how BG has built his security - the pyramid of support he has is formidable, so you and your confréres are pretty safe from a bumbly like me - in fact I still can't figure why you even bother with counter-argument :/

The suggestion that vaccines are a conspiracy led by Bill Gates is laughable. 

The reason people like me bother discussing it with you is because your views, when they get to the anti-vax fringes of tin-foil hat land are actually harmful.

Allowing them to be accepted unchallenged is dangerous. This isn't a case where "the truth lies somewhere in the middle" or "we can agree to disagree". This is a case where a self-described bumbly, whose knowledge of virology, epidemiology, and seemingly current affairs is drawn from the outlier fringes of YouTube and agenda driven websites masquerading as objective, is trying to push a narrative that will harm people.

It's easy to just laugh at the 9/11 conspiracists. They didn't actually cause much harm but promoting an anti-scientific agenda in the middle of a global pandemic...? 

Post edited at 18:17
 Rob Exile Ward 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

'The suggestion that vaccines are a conspiracy led by Bill Gates is laughable. '

According to his own account, he stopped taking an interest in poker - which he was good at, being a nerdy sort of bloke - because he was so rich that winning really didn't mean very much. That was back in the 90s. 

He and his wife seem extraordinarily well balanced, rational and empathetic individuals. Those attributes may well have contributed to how he became (for a while) the richest man in the world.  What do the conspiracy theorists think he's hiding. What more could he want?

Stichtplate 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> One thing you would never do - is look for anti-vax support within BigScience - because it's all stitched up. Anyone who talks anti-vax is dis-credited - a heretic. 

And you’re surprised why? 225 year track record. Smallpox eradicated. Polio extinct in 80% of countries and measles, mumps and rubella well on the way to being consigned to history.. until the unholy union of social media and anti-vaxxers started reversing the trend. 

You’d have to be a right prize plumb to ignore all the actual evidence and persevere with a faith based position that can only spread disease and misery.

In reply to Stichtplate:

One can only hope that the penny will eventually drop that those “speaking out” aren’t being discredited by any malicious organisation, they are doing a perfectly good job of discrediting themselves by spouting utter nonsense. 

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> And you’re surprised why? 225 year track record. Smallpox eradicated. Polio extinct in 80% of countries and measles, mumps and rubella well on the way to being consigned to history

It may have helped for some diseases - certainly not for flu - and most unlikely for coronaviruses. 

The attempt to black n white judgement is the problem - not vaccines themselves. research wasted millions on an HIV vaccine. Every disease has to be judged individually, every vaccine too - they're all different, carrying different risks and side-effects.

The same for all drugs. Just because one is proven to work you don't say 'drugs work' - do you ?!

Stichtplate 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> It may have helped for some diseases - certainly not for flu - and most unlikely for coronaviruses. 

> The attempt to black n white judgement is the problem - not vaccines themselves. research wasted millions on an HIV vaccine. Every disease has to be judged individually, every vaccine too - they're all different, carrying different risks and side-effects.

> The same for all drugs. Just because one is proven to work you don't say 'drugs work' - do you ?!

No, I wouldn’t say “drugs work”. We’ve already had this conversation where I pointed out that the much vaunted Tamiflu turned out to be useless.

But that’s a million miles away from refusing to allow your kids the MMR vaccine “cos Bill Gates is  a paedo” and kicking up an enormous fuss over wearing masks “cos they’s muzzles innit”

Some drugs are ineffective. A vanishingly small minority may be harmful. Labelling all vaccines and the entire pharmaceutical industry as a plot against humanity is total idiocy.

john arran 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

There appears to me to be a growing situation where the lure of being a voice of 'truth' in valiant defiance of government, or in many cases intergovernmental, supposed narrative control, is becoming dare I say trendy. The people attracted to such a position are often not particularly influential themselves, nor do they usually seem particularly bright, and the lines of reasoning employed are generally extremely weak and lack credibility. But somehow, pointing this out seems to make such people entrench themselves further and disappear ever deeper into an inner world where only people 'like them' are talking 'truth' and everyone else - including the vast majority of eminent and highly respected scientists - are tarred with the same brush that's used to discredit politicians as well as anyone who's ever made any money. I don't have an answer as to how to rectify such obviously erroneous views in the minds of such people, but I do think it's one of the biggest challenges modern society faces right now, as the modern social media world seems to positively encourage people to immerse themselves in self-gratifying bubbles, even if such bubbles bear little in common with reality.

Removed User 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> It may have helped for some diseases 

Oh get a grip.

Smallpox?

TB?

Polio?

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> It may have helped for some diseases - certainly not for flu - and most unlikely for coronaviruses. 

"certainly not" for flu? So the yearly flu vaccinations for vulnerable categories are, let me guess... just an entirely unjustified money spinner for "big pharma"/ Bill Gates/ the Illuminati...

"Most unlikely" - what YouTube video are you basing that on?

Difficult, no guaranteed success? Yep, maybe. 

> The attempt to black n white judgement is the problem - not vaccines themselves. research wasted millions on an HIV vaccine. Every disease has to be judged individually, every vaccine too - they're all different, carrying different risks and side-effects.

So why your apparent black n white judgement that vaccines aren't the answer.

> The same for all drugs. Just because one is proven to work you don't say 'drugs work' - do you ?!

Nope. Though you apparently are convinced that Hydroxychloroquine "must" be the answer to the exclusion of all other drugs, and apparently every "other" piece.of scientific research for some bizarre reason.

It's the logical inconsistencies in your thought processes that are so... interesting...

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Labelling all vaccines and the entire pharmaceutical industry as a plot against humanity is total idiocy.

So who did this ?

LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to john arran:

> - including the vast majority of eminent and highly respected scientists - are tarred with the same brush that's used to discredit politicians as well as anyone who's ever made any money

Straight from the CCDH handbook. Well - you have your solutions ready - censor the internet, ridicule critics, and finally if they still don't listen - take an example from China & the CCP - digital surveillance will soon sort things out.

You have swallowed poison and will never be free of it.

Stichtplate 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > Labelling all vaccines and the entire pharmaceutical industry as a plot against humanity is total idiocy.

> So who did this ?

You’ve been more mealy mouthed in recent pronouncements (after being repeatedly confronted with science and logic) but it’s abundantly clear where your sympathies lie.

mondite 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

it does help,to some degree, against Flu it just has the disadvantage that the flu is highly variable which means the vaccine has to change as well. If we get lucky then the vaccine is can be pretty effective at containing it for that year. However some years it doesnt go well and there is also the problem of producing enough of it hence why its targeted.

> The attempt to black n white judgement is the problem - not vaccines themselves. research wasted millions on an HIV vaccine. Every disease has to be judged individually, every vaccine too - they're all different, carrying different risks and side-effects

You seem to have reversed reality here. No one aside from the anti vaxxers have such a simplistic world view. Its pretty obvious that vaccines dont solve everything on the grounds that we dont have them for anything. Some just havent been found whereas others had candidates but the downsides were too high.

I do like how the woo merchants seamlessly believe this crap whilst often also simultaneously pushing claims about how a single effective cure has been found for cancer etc but big pharma are suppressing it since more money in treaments rather than cures.

Where available, eg high effectiveness and low side effects, vaccines provide both the best results for individuals (far better to feel crap for a couple of days after vaccination rather than be on drugs for months) and also financially in that a single jab is generally a lot cheaper than emergency treatment.

To take HIV yes there are highly effective treatments now but they are life long and generally not cheap (there are some possible permanent cures based around bone marrow transplants etc but not exactly cheap either and, I assume, damned unpleasant for the patient). If we could get a working vaccine it would massively improves peoples lives over time.

Blunderbuss 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > - including the vast majority of eminent and highly respected scientists - are tarred with the same brush that's used to discredit politicians as well as anyone who's ever made any money

> Straight from the CCDH handbook. Well - you have your solutions ready - censor the internet, ridicule critics, and finally if they still don't listen - take an example from China & the CCP - digital surveillance will soon sort things out.

> You have swallowed poison and will never be free of it.

Tbf mate, it seems you have swallowed a whole barrel of bullshit....and I'm being kind here 😉

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > - including the vast majority of eminent and highly respected scientists - are tarred with the same brush that's used to discredit politicians as well as anyone who's ever made any money

> Straight from the CCDH handbook. Well - you have your solutions ready - censor the internet, ridicule critics, and finally if they still don't listen - take an example from China & the CCP - digital surveillance will soon sort things out.

LOL.

Regarding censorship - you are posting your opinion regularly and openly. There is no risk of your door being knocked on, despite the harmful consequences of your beliefs.

The fact you may be part of a ridiculed minority doesn't strengthen your argument.

It is interesting that every time you are specifically taken to task on the specific detail of your  position you resort to trying to paint yourself as some lone voice of truth.

john arran 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Not that reasoning has any effect on your entrenched views, but I'll just point out that I haven't once advocated internet censorship, that's your fabrication from within your bubble. I merely proposed highlighting and labelling potentially dangerous ideas that could not be supported factually. Ridiculing I'm all for, when ridicule is due, which has nothing to do with whether people are being critical and everything to do with whether people are making sense. And your ultimate solution of digital surveillance, I'm really at a loss as to where you got that idea from at all, but then there seem to be quite a few ideas you appear to have embraced that don't seem to be supported by facts or rational judgement, so I'm not claiming to be surprised.

Pefa 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> It's easy to just laugh at the 9/11 conspiracists. 

I don't think it's easy to laugh at anyone for that. It may seem unlikely to you but why should that result in ridicule? I felt pretty duped when I seen footage of WTC Building 7 collapsing after a few office fires. It's been clearly proven that it fell at freefall for over 2 seconds which can only happen if its entire support structure is blasted with high explosives at strategic points timed to precisely go off simultaneously. Why is that to be laughed at? You can't say science is correct on vaccinations and then laugh at it when science is used to prove WTC7 Building was a controlled demolition. 

youtube.com/watch?v=D7Rm6ZFROmc&

It's so blatantly obvious that it is a controlled demolition but I wouldn't laugh at someone who denies it because they can't cope with that fact. 

Post edited at 21:01
 LeeWood 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

I re-state my opinions on vaccination again here as a reference point:

I am not against ALL vaccines for ALL people. Different vaccines are more or less effective, and some will have more or less risk of side-effects. Vaccines should be open to criticism. Let those who want them - have them. With appropriate education - and without loaded propoganda -people can make better choices.

Vaccination is topical in the pandemic because of strong suggestion that they will become obligatory - and this is my main point of objection.  

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> > It's easy to just laugh at the 9/11 conspiracists. 

> I don't think it's easy to laugh at anyone for that. It may seem unlikely to you but why should that result in ridicule? I felt pretty duped when I seen footage of WTC Building 7 collapsing after a few office fires. It's been clearly proven that it fell at freefall for over 2 seconds which can only happen if its entire support structure is blasted with high explosives at strategic points timed to precisely go off simultaneously. Why is that to be laughed at? You can't say science is correct on vaccinations and then laugh at it when science is used to prove WTC7 Building was a controlled demolition. 

Science hasn't been used to "prove" that at all. The overwhelming scientific opinion, not to mention the various commissions disagree.

The conspiracy to take all the towers down would not only be a horrendously callous slaughter of the US own civilians, it would also require a huge logistical effort and multi- agency conspiracy. Without a single whistle blower.

And all for what? Even the conspiracy theorists disagree on the goal.

So yes, like holocaust deniers, I think ridicule is apt.

Edit to add:

"Looking" like a controlled demolition based on various snippets of video is very different from "being" a controlled demolition. No matter how many graphics you try and overlay on the footage.

Post edited at 21:05
 Blunderbuss 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> > It's easy to just laugh at the 9/11 conspiracists. 

> I don't think it's easy to laugh at anyone for that. It may seem unlikely to you but why should that result in ridicule? I felt pretty duped when I seen footage of WTC Building 7 collapsing after a few office fires. It's been clearly proven that it fell at freefall for over 2 seconds which can only happen if its entire support structure is blasted with high explosives at strategic points timed to precisely go off simultaneously. Why is that to be laughed at? You can't say science is correct on vaccinations and then laugh at it when science is used to prove WTC7 Building was a controlled demolition. 

> It's so blatantly obvious that it is a controlled demolition but I wouldn't laugh at someone who denies it because they can't cope with that fact. 

Hahahahaha... 

Stichtplate 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Vaccination is topical in the pandemic because of strong suggestion that they will become obligatory - and this is my main point of objection.  

Fair enough. But I believe it's fair to ask that you vaccinate your kids if you want to access public schooling, just like it's fair to ask that you restrain your kids from taking a dump while accessing public swimming baths.

off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I re-state my opinions on vaccination again here as a reference point:

> I am not against ALL vaccines for ALL people. Different vaccines are more or less effective, and some will have more or less risk of side-effects. Vaccines should be open to criticism. Let those who want them - have them. With appropriate education - and without loaded propoganda -people can make better choices.

I feel this is either a dishonest or an ill-educated argument.

It gives the impression that there are a number of good value reasons why vaccines are "bad". It plays on the "weakness" of science - no scientist will say this is "risk free" and we are all aware of, highly publicised and well documented, occasions where there have been harmful effects.

This position attempts to squeeze in that gap, to suggest that actually refusing a vaccination is a rational and we'll considered position.  

The reality is that, generally speaking, it isn't. It nearly always involves a failure to understand the reality of risk - vaccine Vs illness Vs consequences.

That being said I agree, compulsory vaccination is generally speaking not a particularly good way forward.

> Vaccination is topical in the pandemic because of strong suggestion that they will become obligatory - and this is my main point of objection.  

Yep. Shouldn't be obligatory. Seems reasonable that, like yellow fever, it might be compulsory for certain countries.  In the wider vaccination context I'd say it should be a key factor in attending schools, travel - eg certain airflights. Maybe even admission to crowded indoor venues...

SouthernSteve 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> It may have helped for some diseases - certainly not for flu

Flu virus vaccines work well. They just need to be made to the correct strain and this takes considerable skill and a little luck to predict 

This is true in people, horses and dogs

Stop spreading falsities - one person believing this rubbish is too many.  

TobyA 31 Aug 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> - it was just to provide evidence of my lack of bias -

> Anyway, you haven't answered my question - you owe me now ! I thought you'd be smart enough to work out mine - if I'm not an influencer I'm obviously a contributor !

I didn't ask you about your voting record, I just passed comment on conspiracy rubbish you linked to on that thread last week.

You did say earlier

> Otherwise I'm not averse to quoting material from sources which appear to be supported by backing of all persuasions - if I can see it is The Truth. ie. the truth of Real health, Real human sociological needs, Real care of the planet etc I have no direct empathy with Far Right politics

So no direct empathy with far right politics but happy to fish in those ponds when they support your "The Truth". The capitalisation of "The" and "Truth" is helpful as it helps flag up that whatever follows almost certainly isn't. That "technocracy.news" story you linked to was a fine example of both of these issues.

And if you are really that interested - I've only ever voted Labour in the UK and for the Green Party in Finland. But I'd rather suggest that my "entrenched biases" against crack-pottery and bullshit comes from decades of studying and researching in areas of sociology and politics, and now in later life teaching them. I did work for UN Environment Programme for about a year, so does that make an emeritus member of the New World Order?

Post edited at 22:55
 Pefa 31 Aug 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Science hasn't been used to "prove" that at all. The overwhelming scientific opinion, not to mention the various commissions disagree.

I'm not talking about 'scienctific opinion' I'm talking about scientific fact. WTC7 building came down at freefall at all four corners for just over 2 seconds which can only happen using explosives and months of planning. NIST commission was a farce that denied freefall only to change their minds. 

> The conspiracy to take all the towers down would not only be a horrendously callous slaughter of the US own civilians, it would also require a huge logistical effort and multi- agency conspiracy. Without a single whistle blower.

Hang on that doesn't explain WTC7 building collapsing at freefall. 

> And all for what? Even the conspiracy theorists disagree on the goal.

Why jump to reasons before concluding the cause of WTC7 building collapse? 

> So yes, like holocaust deniers, I think ridicule is apt.

So explain WTC7 Building collapse. 

> Edit to add:

> "Looking" like a controlled demolition based on various snippets of video is very different from "being" a controlled demolition. No matter how many graphics you try and overlay on the footage.

The footage isn't overlaid. Careful scientific measurements have been applied by Architects and engineers for 911 truth which prove WTC7 fell at freefall, a fact NIST denied until it was proven by A&E for 911 truth and NIST were now backed into a corner so had to admit it. 

Leading experts in controlled demolitions when shown the footage but not told it was on 911 have stated WTC7 Building was a standard but good controlled demolition. 

It's obvious to anyone with sight. 

Post edited at 23:35
 off-duty 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Pefa:

None of that is proof.

There are a group of scientists who, based on studies of the videos believe that the videos of the collapse of WTC 7 fall in a way that would be the case of it was subject to controlled.demolotion.

The fact that it looks like a controlled demolition doesn't prove anything other than it "looks" like a controlled demolition.

If we were to believe it was a controlled demolition, then the number of people involved in the preparation, the planning and the activation of the demolition would be huge.  And not a single one has whistleblown or leaked.

The motive? Nobody really agrees on why that degree of damage and death needed to be carried out.

Sir Chasm 31 Aug 2020
In reply to Pefa:

You're missing the big picture, what you should be by asking is why they needed to take down WTC7. But you're not interested in the actual truth. 

Kalna_kaza 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

I wouldn't invest too much time trying to have a serious debate with Pefa. She seems to have a penchant for going against whatever anyone else is saying regardless of facts or reasoning. 

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> And if you are really that interested - I've only ever voted Labour in the UK and for the Green Party in Finland. But I'd rather suggest that my "entrenched biases" against crack-pottery and bullshit comes from decades of studying and researching in areas of sociology and politics, and now in later life teaching them. I did work for UN Environment Programme for about a year, so does that make an emeritus member of the New World Order?

Anyone working for UN or the other BIG global pushes, would have had to have some sympathy with their objectives - just to take the job on; however you did only stay for a year - so that alone could not be conclusive.

And your stated support for Labour also inconclusive. There are two important factions within Labour; tell us more ?

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Yep. Shouldn't be obligatory. Seems reasonable that, like yellow fever, it might be compulsory for certain countries.  In the wider vaccination context I'd say it should be a key factor in attending schools, travel - eg certain airflights. Maybe even admission to crowded indoor venues...

Sooo reasonable - surely everyone will see the sense !

Should not be obligatory - 'crocodile tears' - unless you want to carry on living

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> You're missing the big picture, what you should be by asking is why they needed to take down WTC7. But you're not interested in the actual truth. 

I'll ask your question - Why and how ? whats the official version ? No plane crashed into WTC7 did it ?

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> You're missing the big picture, what you should be by asking is why they needed to take down WTC7.

Isnt the claim it was to destroy some documents held in the FBI offices there? Personally I would have left it standing and just popped in with a shredder rather than spending a week or so wiring the place up with explosives but thats just me being laxy I guess.

Post edited at 08:33
 off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I'll ask your question - Why and how ? whats the official version ? No plane crashed into WTC7 did it ?

Since you ask:

https://www.nist.gov/topics/disaster-failure-studies/faqs-nist-wtc-7-invest...

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > Yep. Shouldn't be obligatory. Seems reasonable that, like yellow fever, it might be compulsory for certain countries.  In the wider vaccination context I'd say it should be a key factor in attending schools, travel - eg certain airflights. Maybe even admission to crowded indoor venues...

> Sooo reasonable - surely everyone will see the sense !

> Should not be obligatory - 'crocodile tears' - unless you want to carry on living

Yep. Sometimes individual freedoms (to make dumb decisions and do stupid things) are outweighed by the responsibility of individuals to the rest of society.  That's agreed in all Human Rights law.

TobyA 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Where we go one, we go all! But best to say you don't understand; don't let Them know that you know The Truth! 

StuPoo2 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

UKC forums has started to look a lot like a weird cross between 4chan and reddit of late.

Anime soft porn, anti-vaxxers, 911 conspiracy peddelers .... all out in the open pushing their nasty agendas.  

I had no idea we had real live anti-vaxxers and 911 conspiracy peddelers in the UKC forums.  Learn something new every day.

UKC has entered the realms of the disinformation wars.

Pete Pozman 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWoo

> I have no direct empathy with Far Right politics

You are either very naively fair minded, or you are up to something...

This is what you should say about Far Right politics: "I hate Far Right politics with every fibre of my being."

Sir Chasm 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I'll ask your question - Why and how ? whats the official version ? No plane crashed into WTC7 did it ?

Of course no plane crashed into WTC7, it was space lasers. The WHO kept the blueprints for vaccine population control in the building and they had to be destroyed to prevent the truth coming out.

Niall_H 01 Sep 2020
In reply to StuPoo2:

At least the anime was climbing related!

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> One thing you would never do - is look for anti-vax support within BigScience - because it's all stitched up.

No, the clue's in the name.  The second part beginning with Capital S.

I've tried to listen to your more reasonable arguments, even when they are misconceived, but you are on to a loser with this one.  Vaccination, and medical immunology generally, is one of the big successes of modern science.  There's a mountain of incontrovertible data, literally millions of lives saved.

Its very success is what allows the ignorant and politically motivated to deny its importance.  When I was a kid, every High Street had a charity collecting box depicting a crippled child wearing conspicuous leg calipers.  When did you last meet anyone who has been disabled by polio?  Or disfigured by smallpox?  And it's not just old-fashioned diseases that you, in your privileged position, have barely heard of.  The current vaccination campaign against human papilloma virus has the potential to virtually eliminate cervical cancer. 

I would argue that, as an individual, you have a right to do pretty much anything you like that doesn't harm anyone else, but as a member of a society you also have an obligation to contribute to the common good. 

Failing to be vaccinated for no good reason other than self-righteousness adherence to an absolute fallacy is both to shirk your responsibility to help others and to risk actively harming them.  Get over yourself.

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to StuPoo2:

Why do 'they' always believe all of the conspiracy theories?  Surely if they really were looking at the 'facts' then they would come to a different conclusion to the rest of the idiots on at least a couple of the subjects.  But no, you can guarantee that if they are anti-vax, then they are 9/11 truthers.

Do I dare ask about Pizzagate?

TobyA 01 Sep 2020
In reply to StuPoo2:

You missed the great UKC debates on 9/11 about 15 or 16 years ago then. Those were the days!

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> I wouldn't invest too much time trying to have a serious debate with Pefa. She seems to have a penchant for going against whatever anyone else is saying regardless of facts or reasoning. 

Bit nasty to dismiss everything someone says because you disagree with it don't you think? You really are on the defensive right away which means I'm discussing something that you really don't want to know about. 

I know of a couple of people who always said 911 was an inside job and I dismissed the idea because it's too big a leap to kill your own people(you should take note I dismiss the idea not the person) then a few years ago one day on fb I seen a clip of a building come down in a standard controlled demolition just like all the others but after it you very told it was a WTC building and it happened on 911. But that's obviously a controlled demolition and I don't remember hearing about this building at all I thought.

Now I'm not inerested in speculation or motive I plainly want to know why it was a controlled demolition and NIST 's inadequate reasons are unscientific.

Now let's drop all the surrounding matters and discuss how a building with a floor plan the size of a football field can fall practically symmetrically (4 corners) for over 2 seconds at freefall speed. Freefall in this case means there is nothing below at all to support it. 

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

>  But no, you can guarantee that if they are anti-vax, then they are 9/11 truthers.

Not just that but often they can believe in conspiracy theories that contradict each other.

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Wrong.  On both counts.  The problem with flu is that it has the potential for quite a lot of antigenic variation (try googling some reputable sources on influenza virus / antigenic drift/shift /haemagglutinin / neuraminidase - it's basic undergraduate stuff).  The vaccine works on the strain against which it was raised.  Every year, there are big meetings at WHO, and CDC looking at the best data available and making educated guesses (a year ahead) about what the picture in the Northern and Southern hemispheres will be the following winter, in time for the evil Big Pharma to make the right vaccines targeting the three or four most likely strains. 

https://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/virus/recommendations/en/

I've not yet seen anything suggesting SARS-CoV-2 has anything like the antigenic variability of influenza virus.  In fact it seems fairly stable genetically.  There are other challenges, but my feeling is these will be related to the way in which the virus damages the wide range of cells it can infect and whether we are vaccinating in the right way.  If I were to speculate wildly, I would guess that vaccines given by injection might be good at preventing serious illness but not necessarily always be able prevent infection completely.  If so, this would relegate SARS-CoV-2 effectively to just being one of the several coronaviruses that can cause winter colds, and that's still absolutely worth doing.  Obviously.   

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Bit nasty to dismiss everything someone says because you disagree with it don't you think? You really are on the defensive right away which means I'm discussing something that you really don't want to know about. 

Or maybe they have looked at it and concluded, correctly, it is bollocks.

> But that's obviously a controlled demolition and I don't remember hearing about this building at all I thought.

Have you ever seen how much effort goes into a controlled demolition? Look up the youtube videos which include not just the blowing up bit but the setup. There are wires and explosives everywhere which is fine in a empty building but would might raise a few health and safety concerns in an office block and also a few suspicions from those FBI agents.

Also why would they make it look like a controlled demolition? Controlled demolitions is for when you dont want to trash the entire neighbourhood. Why not just blow it up in a way that didnt look controlled? Almost certainly be easier and not give the game away.

Kalna_kaza 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

Thanks for validating my previous post.

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> You're missing the big picture, what you should be by asking is why they needed to take down WTC7.

I want to believe it was done by some carpets catching fire just like we all do. 

> But you're not interested in the actual truth. 

The truth is all that matters so how do you work that out? 

Post edited at 11:33
 Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> Thanks for validating my previous post.

How so?

When i show facts and reasoning you stated I go against and you provide nothing but slander. 

Post edited at 11:32
 StuPoo2 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> Why do 'they' always believe all of the conspiracy theories?  Surely if they really were looking at the 'facts' then they would come to a different conclusion to the rest of the idiots on at least a couple of the subjects.  But no, you can guarantee that if they are anti-vax, then they are 9/11 truthers.

Yes ... this is an excellent point La benya!!

If they were actually looking for the "The Truth", then it's reasonable to assume that there would a mean distribution of some sort in the conspiracies they believe in - but no!!   There is definitely a positive correlation between being an anti-vaxer and believing that 911 was a hoax.  The real question is though - in which direction is the causality???  Does a belief that 911 was a hoax cause you to avoid getting yourself vaccinated OR does the lack vaccination cause you to believe 911 was a hoax??  

My hypothesis:  It's the latter.

Fascinating!!!!!!

PhD in the waiting right there for someone who wants it.

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to StuPoo2:

> If they were actually looking for the "The Truth", then it's reasonable to assume that there would a mean distribution of some sort in the conspiracies they believe in - but no!!   There is definitely a positive correlation between being an anti-vaxer and believing that 911 was a hoax. 

This is what happens if your default setting is to be against everything, rather than for anything.  That was Corbyn's basic problem too.  Both Corbyns actually. 

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I want to believe it was done by some carpets catching fire just like we all do. 

Why not choose to believe it had something to do with the unusual event of the planned impact of two f*cking great aircraft causing unprecedented local conditions that were outside the parameters of any modelling that might have been done?

Just because the unexpected happens in a very unusual situation doesn't mean that it was caused by something even more unlikely.      

Post edited at 11:55
 Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Why not choose to believe it had something to do with the unusual event of the planned impact of two f*cking great aircraft causing unprecedented local conditions that were outside the parameters of any modelling that might have been done?

Office fires are common occurances that don't lead to symmetrical freefall speeds in the structures where they burn for a lot longer than the small fires in WTC7. 

> Just because the unexpected happens in a very unusual situation doesn't mean that it was caused by something even more unlikely.      

Im only interested in the facts because I want to understand what happened and not just dismiss it. I mean what if it is as Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth call 'the smoking gun" and it was an inside job? We should ignore that? 

StuPoo2 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

Horse sh1t Pefa ... you're openly trolling and misrepresenting the facts now.

911 was no "commnon occurance office fire" and to suggest it was is simply outright lying.

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

I mean what if it is as Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth call 'the smoking gun" and it was an inside job? We should ignore that? 

Yes.  In fact, ignore anyone who gives Truth a capital T.

Pefa 01 Sep 2020

> This is what happens if your default setting is to be against everything, rather than for anything. 

How is it possible to be against everything? 

> That was Corbyn's basic problem too.  Both Corbyns actually. 

Clearly nonsense. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020

> I mean what if it is as Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth call 'the smoking gun" and it was an inside job? We should ignore that? 

> Yes.  In fact, ignore anyone who gives Truth a capital T.

It get a capital T because its in a title, this may help you-

Words to Capitalize in a Title

Capitalize the first word, the last word, and all nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, and subordinating conjunctions.

Lowercase all articles, (short) prepositions, and coordinating conjunctions.

https://titlecaseconverter.com › word...

Words to Capitalize in a Title – Title Case Converter

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to StuPoo2:

> Horse sh1t Pefa ... you're openly trolling and misrepresenting the facts now.

> 911 was no "commnon occurance office fire" and to suggest it was is simply outright lying.

Well I'm going by the explanation provided by NIST so it is they you should be calling trolls. No? 

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> It get a capital T because its in a title, this may help you-

Yes, I did get that.  It was a kind of joke, but true nonetheless.

What did the Architects and Engineers Who Examined the Footage and Debris and Didn't Feel the Need for an Implausible Alternative Paranoid Explanation for 9/11 say?

Harry Jarvis 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Words to Capitalize in a Title

> Capitalize the first word, the last word, and all nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, and subordinating conjunctions.

> Lowercase all articles, (short) prepositions, and coordinating conjunctions.

> Words to Capitalize in a Title – Title Case Converter

Ugh. American capitalisation is so unpleasant and so unnecessary. This is an excellent example to demonstrate that not everything that you read on the internet is equally applicable everywhere. American capitalisation may be de rigeur in the USA and some other countries, but that doesn't mean it is applicable here. Few UK-based publications follow these rules, and thank goodness for that. 

So the internet is not 100% reliable. Choose your sources as you see fit, but never forget that infallibilities are scattered on the internet like confetti. Just because a website uses a capital T doesn't mean it really is the truth.  

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> Why do 'they' always believe all of the conspiracy theories?  Surely if they really were looking at the 'facts' then they would come to a different conclusion to the rest of the idiots on at least a couple of the subjects.  But no, you can guarantee that if they are anti-vax, then they are 9/11 truthers.

So far as I can see only pefa & I are resisting system stories in this thread. Pefa is criticising 911 but has never mentioned vaccines. I am criticising vaccines but have never criticised 911 - I did ask a question concerning it.

So - it is *you* and a posse of others here who are so keen to join the dots - and see simplistically - that anyone who disagrees on just one point - must disagree on all; you then further use this scenario to black protesters with every possible bad image you can think of - every conspiracy story, every extreme political viewpoint.

The problem is yours if you cannot imagine how this could be otherwise.  

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Yep. Sometimes individual freedoms (to make dumb decisions and do stupid things) are outweighed by the responsibility of individuals to the rest of society.  That's agreed in all Human Rights law.

I am missing something here. If I choose to leave myself open to a disease by not being vaccinated, how does that threaten the security of others who willingly protect themselves - shielded after vaccination ? 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> So far as I can see only pefa & I are resisting system stories in this thread. Pefa is criticising 911 but has never mentioned vaccines. I am criticising vaccines but have never criticised 911 - I did ask a question concerning it.

> So - it is *you* and a posse of others here who are so keen to join the dots - and see simplistically - that anyone who disagrees on just one point - must disagree on all; you then further use this scenario to black protesters with every possible bad image you can think of - every conspiracy story, every extreme political viewpoint.

> The problem is yours if you cannot imagine how this could be otherwise.  

So, just to clarify, your position in 9/11 is the same as the generally accepted account - hijackers, two planes, towers collapsed, many dead? 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I am missing something here. If I choose to leave myself open to a disease by not being vaccinated, how does that threaten the security of others who willingly protect themselves - shielded after vaccination ? 

Google "herd immunity" and the consequences of failing to vaccinate.

I may be missing something here but I would have hoped you had carried out at least some basic research on viruses and vaccination before running down rabbit holes and propagating this nonsense.

There is a reason people actually study this stuff. And by study I don't mean selectively Google and chase your own confirmation biases.

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> So, just to clarify, your position in 9/11 is the same as the generally accepted account - hijackers, two planes, towers collapsed, many dead? 

I wasn't there, so any idea I have would be just belief - just as it is it is for you. I have read evidence on both sides but have no final opinion.

edit: even if right now I confessed to 911 conspiracy belief - that would be too late: la Benya, StuPoo2 & dave garnett have all indulged in this smirking and smearing - which illustrates their narrow-mindedness - but not infrequent amon many others here

Post edited at 13:35
In reply to LeeWood:

Yes, you are missing something. Some people are not able to be vaccinated due to pre existing health problems, allergies, age. They are reliant on others being vaccinated to bring about herd immunity. 

So basically, the already vulnerable, who will also be most likely to become seriously ill, often can’t be vaccinated. If enough people refuse vaccinations, it is these people who unwillingly pay the ultimate price for the unsubstantiated nonsense you insist on spreading. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> None of that is proof.

> There are a group of scientists who, based on studies of the videos believe that the videos of the collapse of WTC 7 fall in a way that would be the case of it was subject to controlled.demolotion.

> The fact that it looks like a controlled demolition doesn't prove anything other than it "looks" like a controlled demolition.

It has been conclusively measured by A&E for 911 Truth to prove freefall, NIST were forced to agree so that is not 'it looks like', that is 'it is', which then leads on to how can a building that size fall symmetrically at freefall speed for over 2 seconds as if there was nothing beneath it. And from ordinary office and building equipment catching fire when this doesn't happen in many other buildings that fire rages for longer. 

In fact WTC 5 building was right next to the twin towers so was severely damaged and fires raged there for longer than WTC7 but it didn't collapse. 

> If we were to believe it was a controlled demolition, then the number of people involved in the preparation, the planning and the activation of the demolition would be huge.  And not a single one has whistleblown or leaked.

Stick to the facts before speculation. 

> The motive? Nobody really agrees on why that degree of damage and death needed to be carried out.

Again we first need to establish why the building collapsed before even looking for a motive because if it can be shown to have been office fires or a diesel tank blowing  then there is no need to find a motive as the case is closed on that front. 

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> how does that threaten the security of others who willingly protect themselves - shielded after vaccination ? 

Because some people are unable to be vaccinated and unfortunately, pretty much by definition, this includes the most high risk groups. Plenty of other cases as well since, despite your insinuations otherwise, the medical authorities are well aware of the limitations and risks of vaccines.

As Off-Duty says this really is basic level stuff so it is fascinating that you either dont know this or are pretending you dont.

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I am missing something here. If I choose to leave myself open to a disease by not being vaccinated, how does that threaten the security of others who willingly protect themselves - shielded after vaccination ? 

Well, let's see.  Some people can't be vaccinated for medical reasons (they are immunosuppressed, for instance).   The vaccine may not be 100% effective, so having the infection active in the population will always pose extra risk, especially for those already vulnerable.  By needlessly exposing yourself to infection, you put unnecessary burden on the health service at a time when it is might already at capacity.

Your very question is predicated on selfishness.  What's so special about you that you aren't prepared to do your bit?  Of course, you are less likely to have to face up to the consequences of becoming infected yourself because others have been more responsible and helped establish herd immunity.  Which makes you hypocrite and a freeloader. 

Post edited at 13:42
 mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> It has been conclusively measured by A&E for 911 Truth to prove freefall,

Ah yes well if such an unbiased authority as that have spoken who can disagree. In related news Mondite is a Genius Truth group have concluded I am a genius. I thank them for their insight and for any who dare disagree please note the "Truth" in the group name. You cant argue with that.

> Again we first need to establish why the building collapsed before even looking for a motive because if it can be shown to have been office fires or a diesel tank blowing  then there is no need to find a motive as the case is closed on that front. 

Okay. So can you answer the two simple questions.

How did all the people in the building not notice all the wires and suspicious boxes being placed around the place. You dont think an FBI agent or two might have asked "so why are you sticking all this stuff next to the load bearing walls" whilst casually resting their hand on their pistol?

Why bother making it look like a controlled demolition. Why not just let it collapse any which way?

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> I wasn't there, so any idea I have would be just belief - just as it is it is for you. I have read evidence on both sides but have no final opinion.

> edit: even if right now I confessed to 911 conspiracy belief - that would be too late: la Benya, StuPoo2 & dave garnett have all indulged in this smirking and smearing - which illustrates their narrow-mindedness - but not infrequent amon many others here

I'm not sure if this is "false balance" or "false equivalence" either way it's a position you seem to continually find yourself in, either unintentionally or maliciously.

Regardless, I don't think presenting your opinion of 9/11 as being "Hmm, I'm just not sure ..." does much, if anything, to repudiate La Benya's point.

Pefa 01 Sep 2020

> Ugh. American capitalisation is so unpleasant and so unnecessary. This is an excellent example to demonstrate that not everything that you read on the internet is equally applicable everywhere. American capitalisation may be de rigeur in the USA and some other countries, but that doesn't mean it is applicable here. Few UK-based publications follow these rules, and thank goodness for that. 

> So the internet is not 100% reliable. Choose your sources as you see fit, but never forget that infallibilities are scattered on the internet like confetti. Just because a website uses a capital T doesn't mean it really is the truth.  

Lol They are called Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth so I call them Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth, so what is there to discuss? Nothing. 

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020

> Yes, you are missing something. Some people are not able to be vaccinated due to pre existing health problems, allergies, age. They are reliant on others being vaccinated to bring about herd immunity. 

> So basically, the already vulnerable, who will also be most likely to become seriously ill, often can’t be vaccinated. If enough people refuse vaccinations, it is these people who unwillingly pay the ultimate price for the unsubstantiated nonsense you insist on spreading. 

Then we must encourage herd immunity which comes naturally through circulation of this virus - and the 3 or 4 which pop up to threaten humanity each year.

And we're back to food industry reform. Sugar and other inputs in the national diet contribute to weakened immunity - specifically in respect of sars2, and NCDs in general. Outside of age-vulnerable - hospital admissions halved by dietary reforms.

If the vaccine takes 18months to prepare, *any* resistance to change this basic element will undermine the alleged motive to save lives - during the development phase. figure the stats for a 20% mortality virus.

I didn't start this thread for it to become a platform for Truthers... They aren't the problem. It's the more subtle manipulation that is concerning.

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Then we must encourage herd immunity which comes naturally through circulation of this virus - and the 3 or 4 which pop up to threaten humanity each year.

Have you read any history? Look at the devastation to societies which occured whilst building "herd immunity".

Immunity can come at a high cost in lives and that is if it does happen which isnt guaranteed. Smallpox killed several hundred thousand a year in 18th century Europe and left many others permanently disfigured.

We never got herd immunity from it so it would still be killing away without a vaccine.

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

eh?

In your own post you wrote-

"I'll ask your question - Why and how ? whats the official version ? No plane crashed into WTC7 did it ?"

So just to clarify- you don't think there was a conspiracy on 9/11 and the official narrative is the truth?

What are your thoughts on pizzagate?

dread-i 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>In fact WTC 5 building was right next to the twin towers so was severely damaged and fires raged there for longer than WTC7 but it didn't collapse. 

Can you explain the relevance of wtc7 being taken down by a controlled demolition?

The arguments I've seen go along the lines of 'If the building was blown up, then no planes hit the twin towers. 911, was an inside job.' The logic being, that it normally takes several days to wire up a building to drop in its own foot print.

Does it make any difference if the building housed sensitive information and someone ordered it to be taken down?

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Natural herd immunity.  Indeed that worked for the Plague- only took 40% of the population of Europe to die from it to reach herd immunity.  Your way is killing those humans unable to adapt to the virus and leaving those that can healthy. The science way is getting all those who are able to adapt, to do so by artificial means, so those that cannot, don't die as much.

Your mental gymnastics is quite impressive I must say.

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Then we must encourage herd immunity which comes naturally through circulation of this virus - and the 3 or 4 which pop up to threaten humanity each year.

So either you haven't researched herd immunity (which you appeared to not to have heard of in your previous post) or you have researched it - judging by this post. 

Pretty indicative of a bad faith argument to me, though I'd err in your favour and suggest that you are just throwing out a term you still don't understand.

As pointed out, you haven't considered the hundreds of thousands of deaths just in the UK to gain sufficient coverage for herd immunity.

Lethality that can be avoided by vaccination.

> And we're back to food industry reform. Sugar and other inputs in the national diet contribute to weakened immunity - specifically in respect of sars2, and NCDs in general. Outside of age-vulnerable - hospital admissions halved by dietary reforms.

This is just more "anti sugar" woo. NCDs cover a vast array of illnesses many utterly irrelevant to diet. Yes, it would be better for everyone if we were healthier, did more exercise and weren't obese, or smokers, but this is all a rather unpleasant "otherism" - the vulnerable have brought it in themselves. Not sure how a cancer sufferer would feel about being told their NCD was down to their poor dietary choices.

> If the vaccine takes 18months to prepare, *any* resistance to change this basic element will undermine the alleged motive to save lives - during the development phase. figure the stats for a 20% mortality virus.

Don't even understand what point you're trying to push here. Should we have a 20% mortality virus (leaving aside all the various epidemiological reasons why this spreading rampantly is unlikely) - then the sort of lockdown we'd see would be on an entirely different scale, and worrying about diet would be at the bottom of the list.

Post edited at 14:27
 Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

For the record I am not anti vaccination or anti 5G. 

In reply to Pefa:

That’s nice. We’ll put your medal in the post for you. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Ah yes well if such an unbiased authority as that have spoken who can disagree. In related news Mondite is a Genius Truth group have concluded I am a genius. I thank them for their insight and for any who dare disagree please note the "Truth" in the group name. You cant argue with that.

A group of completely independent scientists, engineers and architects are biased away from science? Even when NIST use their data? so that makes NIST biased to? 

> > Again we first need to establish why the building collapsed before even looking for a motive because if it can be shown to have been office fires or a diesel tank blowing  then there is no need to find a motive as the case is closed on that front. 

> Okay. So can you answer the two simple questions.

> How did all the people in the building not notice all the wires and suspicious boxes being placed around the place. You dont think an FBI agent or two might have asked "so why are you sticking all this stuff next to the load bearing walls" whilst casually resting their hand on their pistol?

> Why bother making it look like a controlled demolition. Why not just let it collapse any which way?

Why would it collapse at all ? And as I said why speculate to motivation and perpetrators before you know how the crime was committed? There is no point in speculation until it is beyond doubt that it could only have been brought down by  a pre-planned system of explosive charges. 

In reply to LeeWood:

I really don’t believe that you are so shortsighted that you can’t see the holes in that idea. You’ve either given it literally no thought at all and are just trotting out catch phrases, or you are deliberately omitting, distorting, and lying to suit your own agenda. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Or maybe they have looked at it and concluded, correctly, it is bollocks.

What is bollocks? 

> Have you ever seen how much effort goes into a controlled demolition? Look up the youtube videos which include not just the blowing up bit but the setup. There are wires and explosives everywhere which is fine in a empty building but would might raise a few health and safety concerns in an office block and also a few suspicions from those FBI agents.

Yes I've been over this argument on here not too long ago and on other places so I'm well aware of the process of controlled demolition to some degree. OK I'll take your bait for the sake of debating something, so what if the wiring and charges fir detonation were done on the nightshift when the building was emptied or on the holidays or under cover during the day as rewiring work in the guts of the building out of sight? 

> Also why would they make it look like a controlled demolition? Controlled demolitions is for when you dont want to trash the entire neighbourhood. Why not just blow it up in a way that didnt look controlled? Almost certainly be easier and not give the game away.

Because they made a wrong decision? How can I know. 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> What is bollocks? 

> Yes I've been over this argument on here not too long ago and on other places so I'm well aware of the process of controlled demolition to some degree. OK I'll take your bait for the sake of debating something, so what if the wiring and charges fir detonation were done on the nightshift when the building was emptied or on the holidays or under cover during the day as rewiring work in the guts of the building out of sight? 

Good job they were unaffected by the fires.

Post edited at 15:04
In reply to Pefa:

> A group of completely independent scientists, engineers and architects are biased away from science? Even when NIST use their data? so that makes NIST biased to? 

You do realise that “independent” and “biased” are in no way mutually exclusive, right? 

(Although one could argue that by virtue of being in a group, they are, by definition, not independent.)

Either way, independent doesn’t mean infallible. It just means independent. Independent has no relationship with competence, knowledge, reliability. It just means independent. Independent doesn’t mean unbiased. It just means independent.

But then again, I’m even more independent than them - not even in a vaguely related industry. Does that mean my theory would trump theirs? 

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> edit: even if right now I confessed to 911 conspiracy belief - that would be too late: la Benya, StuPoo2 & dave garnett have all indulged in this smirking and smearing - which illustrates their narrow-mindedness - but not infrequent amon many others here

Hang on, I've been more than fair with you, on this and other threads.  What you interpret as smirking is up to you, but smearing?  To me, that involves saying or implying something derogatory that isn't true.  Would you care to give an example?

If open-mindedness is gullibly accepting any old nonsensical rubbish I read on the internet, then mark me down as narrow-minded.  I'm perfectly prepared to consider the possible, even the improbable and the unpopular, but I draw the line at the impossible and, especially, the deliberately misleading. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> >In fact WTC 5 building was right next to the twin towers so was severely damaged and fires raged there for longer than WTC7 but it didn't collapse. 

> Can you explain the relevance of wtc7 being taken down by a controlled demolition?

> The arguments I've seen go along the lines of 'If the building was blown up, then no planes hit the twin towers. 911, was an inside job.' The logic being, that it normally takes several days to wire up a building to drop in its own foot print.

> Does it make any difference if the building housed sensitive information and someone ordered it to be taken down?

I'm very surprised you would ask that because if WTC7 was brought down in a controlled demolition which would take many months to prepare then why was it rigged at that time? And why was it brought down at that time? And if it was rigged to be blown up which would require planning over many months then what about the twin towers? We're they also rigged? Planes hit the twin towers obviously but was that a covering reason to hide a total destruction?

Also tell me how a small block on top of a much larger block can completely destroy that much larger block at near freefall speed when equal forces cancel each other out? The top 12 floors on one of the twin towers that collapsed and looked like a pile driver effect should have at most destroyed the 12 floors below then come to a stop using Newton's third law of motion which states -

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Also tell me how a small block on top of a much larger block can completely destroy that much larger block at near freefall speed when equal forces cancel each other out? The top 12 floors on one of the twin towers that collapsed and looked like a pile driver effect should have at most destroyed the 12 floors below then come to a stop using Newton's third law of motion which states -

> For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This is how misunderstanding actual science, transforms into believing nonsense.  You've taken a legitimate scientific theory, misused it and come to the wrong conclusion.

Can you please show me your working as to how the forces are equal?

What about the additional mass from the first 11 floors that have been destroyed?  What about the deformation of structural beams during the initial loading, making the 'force' required to hold up those 12 floors a moot point.  What about the added force created by the acceleration of the mass?  You're ignorant.  You just don't realise you're ignorant.

Pefa 01 Sep 2020

> You do realise that “independent” and “biased” are in no way mutually exclusive, right? 

> (Although one could argue that by virtue of being in a group, they are, by definition, not independent.)

> Either way, independent doesn’t mean infallible. It just means independent. Independent has no relationship with competence, knowledge, reliability. It just means independent. Independent doesn’t mean unbiased. It just means independent.

> But then again, I’m even more independent than them - not even in a vaguely related industry. Does that mean my theory would trump theirs? 

I realize that the science speaks for itself. 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> This is how misunderstanding actual science, transforms into believing nonsense.  You've taken a legitimate scientific theory, misused it and come to the wrong conclusion.

Conspiracy theory - "leaping from the undeniable to the unbelievable".

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I realize that the science speaks for itself. 

Yep. The NIST report is quite clear. Oh, sorry you don't mean THAT science, just the "science" that supports your theory.

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

It is painfully ironic.  Using the name of 'science' when it suits.

StuPoo2 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

I can't quite tell if you, LeeWood, are a proper sleeper troll (account apparently created 06') or you're getting a rough ride in the world of internet chat rooms perhaps because you're new to them.  I suspect the latter.

You're getting mocked both because its an effective way to deal with a troll (if you are one) and an effective way to make sure your dangerous ideas about heard immunity don't take hold and are instead crowded out of mainstream conversation.

It's not nice to come onto a public forum and make the case for killing millions by adopting a policy of herd immunity.  You're going to get a hard time, in a moderate forum like UKC, for views like that.  

dread-i 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I'm very surprised you would ask that because if WTC7 was brought down in a controlled demolition which would take many months to prepare then why was it rigged at that time? And why was it brought down at that time? And if it was rigged to be blown up which would require planning over many months then what about the twin towers? We're they also rigged?

The idea of building something, with an eye on how you'd bring it down is not new. I'd point you in the direction of Switzerland. They have some experience in these matters.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-switzerland-camouflaged-its-ready-to-explode-ar...

The wtc7 building had some extensive internal alterations. It is not beyond reason to consider that the design envelope had been pushed to breaking by the events of the day.

>Planes hit the twin towers obviously but was that a covering reason to hide a total destruction?

What about the pentagon? A missile or another plane? How about the one that came down in a field? Brave passengers or shot down?

If there was a conspiracy, then perhaps flight 93 was likely to have been shot down. However, there appears to be recordings of phone conversations and corroborating evidence that it was the passengers. Could it be faked? Possibly. But in order to protect the pilot and chain of command, who possibly prevented a bigger tragedy.

Just the other day, two fighters had to intercept an easyjet flight, because of a suspicious package onboard.. 

> Also tell me how a small block on top of a much larger block can completely destroy that much larger block at near freefall speed when equal forces cancel each other out? The top 12 floors on one of the twin towers that collapsed and looked like a pile driver effect should have at most destroyed the 12 floors below then come to a stop using Newton's third law of motion which states -

> For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Have you hammered in a nail? If you put a static 10kg weight on a nail, it wont embed very far. If you hit with 5kg, for a total force of 10kg, it will go in much further. Its not an equal force, there is a shock loading element. The falling floors would have accelerated towards terminal velocity whilst in free fall. But then again, neither of us are architects, so we're probably talking b0leaux.

I can understand that the 'they' might have wanted a pretext for a never ending war on terror. I don't think there was the level of competence, or the level of secrecy after the event in the years that followed. Many of the people involved wouldn't be able to live with that on their conscience. The few that could, wouldn't be able to direct the number of minions required to pull off such an event, without the minions working out what they had been involved in. Much simpler to say 'you've got WMD'. (We know because we sold them to you.)

Harry Jarvis 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Planes hit the twin towers obviously but was that a covering reason to hide a total destruction?

Why would 'they' need to hit both towers and the Pentagon if all 'they' wanted to do was destroy a different building? 

mondite 01 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> I can understand that the 'they' might have wanted a pretext for a never ending war on terror. I don't think there was the level of competence

Even that was screwed up since surely if you want to pick a fight with Iraq you would make sure some of the evidence points there instead of at a bunch of Saudis hiding in Afghanistan.

elsewhere 01 Sep 2020

Come on everybody, I've almost won!

https://bingobaker.com/view/3377226

Harry Jarvis 01 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Even that was screwed up since surely if you want to pick a fight with Iraq you would make sure some of the evidence points there instead of at a bunch of Saudis hiding in Afghanistan.

I've a number of conspiracists about that, and I've always been surprised at their inability to come up with any kind of answer. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Yep. The NIST report is quite clear. Oh, sorry you don't mean THAT science, just the "science" that supports your theory.

https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/news/others/2020/05/world-trade-cen...

The Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911T) has formally filed a Request for Correction with the NIST following a new and detailed four-year analysis by a team at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF).

From an engineering perspective it is imperative to understand how and why this building came down under design load conditions,” said Walter.

The study says NIST made some fundamental errors in how engineers estimated the rigidity of the outside building frame and that the heat generated by the fire did not trigger “thermal movements” at a critical base plate support.

Further, the group, which includes families of those killed, asserts that the investigation is flawed and that the conclusions as to what happened must be based on “science and engineering” and accept that controlled demolition is a plausible cause.

The report notes that the outside frame was more flexible than the inside framing which is where the elevator shafts were,” says McMaster University professor emeritus of civil engineering, Robert Korol, a fellow of the Canadian Society of Civil Engineering who is also one of two peers who reviewed the UAF study.

“Under the conditions described, the displacement of the outside steel would have been only one inch, not the 6.25 NIST claimed and not enough to cause failure.”

Further, he says, the debris from WTC 1 which fell 943 feet to WTC 7 did not attain sufficient mass to cause structural damage to the steel in that building.

The bottom line, he says, is that the NIST report is flawed and of no value to future engineering or architectural learning.

In reply to dread-i:

> Its not an equal force, there is a shock loading element.

You might think that someone posting on a climbing website might have practical experience of the difference between static and dynamic loads...

Pefa 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> This is how misunderstanding actual science, transforms into believing nonsense.  You've taken a legitimate scientific theory, misused it and come to the wrong conclusion.

> Can you please show me your working as to how the forces are equal?

> What about the additional mass from the first 11 floors that have been destroyed?  What about the deformation of structural beams during the initial loading, making the 'force' required to hold up those 12 floors a moot point.  What about the added force created by the acceleration of the mass?  You're ignorant.  You just don't realise you're ignorant.

Thanks but the twin towers were designed to withstand the impact of an airliner-

When interviewed in 1993, Lead WTC Structural Engineer John Skilling told The Seattle Times:

Lead WTC Structural Engineer John Skilling was rightfully confident that neither the impact of a large passenger jet nor the ensuing office fires was capable of bringing down the Twin Towers.“We looked at every possible thing we could think of that could happen to the buildings, even to the extent of an airplane hitting the side. . . . Our analysis indicated the biggest problem would be the fact that all the fuel (from the airplane) would dump into the building. There would be a horrendous fire. A lot of people would be killed. [But] the building structure would still be there.”

Now you must admit that Newton's third law of motion is correct and that equal forces cancel each other out.The weight of the 12 floors above the plane impact looked as if they fell straight downwards onto the other 98 floors. They fell at 64% of freefall speed for 4 seconds and at no point was there a reduction in speed that would happen when it met the 98 floors below. If you hit that hammer on a nail the hammers velocity will slow at the point of impact. So why didn't that happen?

BTW when asked NIST have no explanation why that happened. Explosives do explain it though. 

Pefa 01 Sep 2020

> Why would 'they' need to hit both towers and the Pentagon if all 'they' wanted to do was destroy a different building? 

Who says all they wanted to do was destroy one building? I didn't. 

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

science has changed sides on many occasions during the pandemic

Real science & Commercial science

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> Natural herd immunity.  Indeed that worked for the Plague- only took 40% of the population of Europe to die from it to reach herd immunity.  Your way is killing those humans unable to adapt to the virus and leaving those that can healthy. The science way is getting all those who are able to adapt, to do so by artificial means, so those that cannot, don't die as much.

> Your mental gymnastics is quite impressive I must say.

Yours (collectively) too. No-one has been able to explain why not take known preventative measures - in anticipation of the 18+ months vaccine research delay. 'Your' refusal to recognise this is killing people. 

The sad truth for the UK - is that it has been recognised - but will not be acted on until 2025. If we average 3-4 new viruses annually thats a lot of virus-years to risk. 

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

The forces are equal when the building is in tact. It stays stationary. A force acts on the upper 12 floors and causes them to accelerate. Unequal forces. They they hit the rest of the building (setting aside the fact that they were never really a separate entity) with their force=mass x acceleration. What force do you think is equal to that? The force that was holding them up in the first place? Clearly not.

It's silly. You're being silly. Is it intentional just for a laugh or are you genuinely unable to see the point? 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> science has changed sides on many occasions during the pandemic

> Real science & Commercial science

Yep. Science changes advice as more is discovered about what works, what doesn't work and what the virus is doing. That's the beauty of science.

Your position has remained pretty resolute though. Almost as if you aren't prepared to change your opinion, whatever the evidence...

La benya 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

So... Your tactic is to say something and ignore when someone counters it. Interesting. 

Just to be clear. When you said herd immunity without vaccine you meant the plague model of alot of the population dying to achieve it? 

off-duty 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Yours (collectively) too. No-one has been able to explain why not take known preventative measures - in anticipation of the 18+ months vaccine research delay. 'Your' refusal to recognise this is killing people. 

Masks, social distancing, lockdowns, track and trace, travel corridoors, hand sanitisation. 

Apart from those you mean? Or do you just mean things that "you" think make a difference like hydroxychloroquine and low sugar diets.

> The sad truth for the UK - is that it has been recognised - but will not be acted on until 2025. If we average 3-4 new viruses annually thats a lot of virus-years to risk. 

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> So... Your tactic is to say something and ignore when someone counters it. Interesting. 

> Just to be clear. When you said herd immunity without vaccine you meant the plague model of alot of the population dying to achieve it? 

Clearly - each vaccine has a delay of research and production. For sars2 we're optomistically expecting 12 months, for many others it has taken much longer.

If measures can be taken to reduce mortality before a vaccine arrives clearly this is more important than waiting for a vaccine

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Masks, social distancing, lockdowns, track and trace, travel corridoors, hand sanitisation. 

Masks: little value

Social Distancing: good idea

Lockdown: too late too long

testing: unreliable

Travel Corridore: too late

Hand cleaning: always a good idea but no-one is pushing it now ???

> Apart from those you mean? Or do you just mean things that "you" think make a difference like hydroxychloroquine and low sugar diets.

Cutting ultra processed food has well qualified backing

HCQ: thanks for reminding me - I'll check out latest developments

Kalna_kaza 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> When i show facts and reasoning you stated I go against and you provide nothing but slander. 

Herein lies the problem with your posts. Your "facts" are generally opinions, admittedly sometimes from other sources, which are being presented in a manner suggesting that they are irrefutable evidence. 

Your reasoning is, frankly, bizarre. Rather than follow a balance of probability approach you immediately assume the most unlikely, most conspiratorial and sinister explanations for any given scenario. 

It's a shame that your debating skills are misdirected to crackpot ideas as you'll never be taken seriously by the majority of forum users. I dare say with level headed arguments you would make an impassioned speaker at the dispatch box.

LeeWood 01 Sep 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> Where we go one, we go all! But best to say you don't understand; don't let Them know that you know The Truth! 

Which leaves me to conclude you are New Labour, Labour Right or Blairite - however you want to name it. I think you have a lot of mates on here too. 

In reply to LeeWood:

> If measures can be taken to reduce mortality before a vaccine arrives clearly this is more important than waiting for a vaccine

Ah, there’s a clever little turn of phrase, although I suspect a very dishonest one. Previously you were arguing against vaccination programmes full stop, now you are framing your position as just wanting to also work on other partial measures in the meantime (which is already happening, despite your claims. Are you seriously looking at the world today and thinking “well nothing has changed at all in response to this virus”?)

If you are going to promote an anti-vax agenda, at least be honest and transparent about it. Don’t dress it up as “while we wait...” to conceal your actual narrative and try to dupe people into getting on side. 

FactorXXX 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Leading experts in controlled demolitions when shown the footage but not told it was on 911 have stated WTC7 Building was a standard but good controlled demolition. 

Apparently, there is unreleased video footage of events in the vicinity of WTC7 just after its collapse.
On it, there is a suspicious looking vehicle. US intelligence have said that it is a highly specialised off road vehicle with devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces. A visiting British Officer said that it looked like an "Old school Land Rover carrying some ladders'.
The audio file has been cleaned up and and voices, etc. analysed. Most of it appears to be in some strange language that no one can understand and it is assumed that it is an Arabic dialect that no one in the West is aware of.   However and somewhat strangely, there appears to be one brief comment in English. It doesn't make much sense though, as it sounds like they're saying: "Did You Like That"?
Both the vehicle and mystery talker have still not been found...

TobyA 01 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Which leaves me to conclude you are New Labour, Labour Right or Blairite -

What's the difference between them? 

Don't you live in France? Who do you vote for there?

Niall_H 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Office fires are common occurances

Indeed they are. Office fires fueled by - as Dave Garnett so pithily put it - "two f*cking great aircraft causing unprecedented local conditions" are less common, to the point of irreproducibility

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Niall_H:

> Indeed they are. Office fires fueled by - as Dave Garnett so pithily put it - "two f*cking great aircraft causing unprecedented local conditions" are less common, to the point of irreproducibility

When interviewed in 1993, Lead WTC Structural Engineer John Skilling told The Seattle Times:

Lead WTC Structural Engineer John Skilling was rightfully confident that neither the impact of a large passenger jet nor the ensuing office fires was capable of bringing down the Twin Towers.“We looked at every possible thing we could think of that could happen to the buildings, even to the extent of an airplane hitting the side. . . . Our analysis indicated the biggest problem would be the fact that all the fuel (from the airplane) would dump into the building. There would be a horrendous fire. A lot of people would be killed. [But] the building structure would still be there.”

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> The forces are equal when the building is in tact. It stays stationary. A force acts on the upper 12 floors and causes them to accelerate. Unequal forces. They they hit the rest of the building (setting aside the fact that they were never really a separate entity) with their force=mass x acceleration. What force do you think is equal to that? The force that was holding them up in the first place? Clearly not.

For starters the building was designed to withstand an airplane impact so it would stay completely intact under that event as I pointed out above. Now even if we set that aside for one moment you are suggesting the opposing force of 98 floors is less than an opposing force of 12 floors and an acceleration created by a few floors collapsing? This goes against Newton's third law of motion as they are clearly not equal in any way since the 12 collapsing floors would hit those below crushing both as it went each cancelling out the other until it came to a stop after a dozen or so floors due to the overwhelming opposing force below. That impact deceleration is not observed. 

> It's silly. You're being silly. Is it intentional just for a laugh or are you genuinely unable to see the point? 

I understand your feelings I genuinely do as I didn't want to believe it either. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> Herein lies the problem with your posts. Your "facts" are generally opinions, admittedly sometimes from other sources, which are being presented in a manner suggesting that they are irrefutable evidence. 

> Your reasoning is, frankly, bizarre. Rather than follow a balance of probability approach you immediately assume the most unlikely, most conspiratorial and sinister explanations for any given scenario. 

> It's a shame that your debating skills are misdirected to crackpot ideas as you'll never be taken seriously by the majority of forum users. I dare say with level headed arguments you would make an impassioned speaker at the dispatch box.

That is just another attempted character assassination on myself for showing the science and facts behind a subject you cannot face up to,which I understand.I went for about 17 years after 911 thinking the same as you so was that 'crackpot' to or is it only crackpot when you decide it is? I mean you have provided zero to this debate other than to attack one debater which is very telling. 

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020

> Previously you were arguing against vaccination programmes full stop,

Outright Lie - i expected better from you. Let those who want the vaccine have it.

In general vaccination IS dangerous because it encourages people NOT to prevent. prevention (where possible) is always better.

The problem with current pandemic politics - it is all too apparent that *for no just reason* they steer us towards an un-necessary vaccination campaign. Too much fear, too much propaganda and not enough Real science.

And frankly - you need to be aware of this 30% effective phenomena - which is not a whole lot to go on for not a whole lot of people.

Quote: Some media reports have speculated that this year’s flu shot will only be about 10% effective for Americans, based on results seen in Australia during its flu season. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it expects this year’s effectiveness rate to be closer to last year’s number, between 32% and 39%.

https://qz.com/1180874/the-flu-vaccine-is-only-about-30-effective-but-you-s...

La benya 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

Please. Please go and talk to someone with a degree in maths or physic or engineering and ask them to explain the laws of motion and how forces work. 

off-duty 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

This ill-informed posting is starting to hurt my brain.

You appear to be desperately googling to support your position, which despite your denials is clearly anti-vax.

As I've mentioned early you are trying to squeeze in to the gap that science creates by allowing uncertainty. A scientist is never going to say "no risk". In that gap you are then generating false equivalences to suggest that you have some sort of "reasonable" argument. 

That isn't helped by your woeful lack of knowledge, your refusal to address any substantive criticism of the actual content of your posts and your continual grasping at utterly unconnected points to attempt to link disparate data to bolster what is basically a conspiracy theory. "The leap from the undeniable to the unbelievable".

There is a reason people study this stuff at university. There is a reason it is researched - and by research I don't mean googling by the ill-informed, I mean reviewing peer reviewed journals, publishing peer-reviewed papers, and conducting peer-reviewed experiments. Over years. As a full time job.

As to some of the specific point in this post.

1) Why quote a 2 year old article? 

2)"In general vaccination IS dangerous because it encourages people NOT to prevent. prevention (where possible) is always better." Nonsense. Polio. Smallpox. Measles. HPV. 

​​​​​​I mean, I don't even know where to begin with this statement. It's literally false.

3)"The problem with current pandemic politics - it is all too apparent that *for no just reason* "

I'm glad you've highlighted it as "your words" - because again - utter bollocks. A highly infectious virus that is lethal. Your proposal - some sort of f@@king diet? Jesus.

4)"They steer us towards an un-necessary vaccination campaign."

"They" - the shadowy illuminati again. FFS. "Un-necessary vaccination" - we haven't even produced a vaccine yet. Already you've decided it's pointless for "reasons" that you've yet to translate into actual robust points.

5)"Too much fear, too much propaganda and not enough Real science.".

With this stream of half-truths, misunderstood science, misquotes, and linking unrelated points, you are definitely correct there.  Oh, you weren't referring to your posts ...?

6)"And frankly - you need to be aware of this 30% effective phenomena - which is not a whole lot to go on for not a whole lot of people."

Again. FFS. 30% effectiveness is a huge number of people who are NOT dead. I believe dexamethasone has improved the survival rate of hospitalised patients by about 30%. Let's not use it, because it's not a lot to go on for not a whole lot of people.

john arran 02 Sep 2020
In reply to La benya:

> Please. Please go and talk to someone with a degree in maths or physics or engineering and ask them to explain the laws of motion and how forces work. 

A GCSE in Physics would be more than sufficient.

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Thanks but the twin towers were designed to withstand the impact of an airliner-

The Titanic was deigned to be unsinkable. That didn't work very well. You shouldn't overlook the possibility that the design didn't live up to its promise. 

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> For starters the building was designed to withstand an airplane impact so it would stay completely intact under that event as I pointed out above. Now even if we set that aside for one moment you are suggesting the opposing force of 98 floors is less than an opposing force of 12 floors and an acceleration created by a few floors collapsing? This goes against Newton's third law of motion as they are clearly not equal in any way since the 12 collapsing floors would hit those below crushing both as it went each cancelling out the other until it came to a stop after a dozen or so floors due to the overwhelming opposing force below. 

What happens when you apply Newton's Second Law?

Stichtplate 02 Sep 2020

> What happens when you apply Newton's Second Law?

Not worth the skin wear incurred on your typing fingers. You're arguing a point with someone who still insists that the Germans killed 22,000 Poles at Katyn.

Despite the Germans and Polish as well as a variety of forensic archeologists all saying it was the Russians.

Oh, and the Russians say it was them too.

But Pefa knows best, cos Google.

FFS

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Not worth the skin wear incurred on your typing fingers. 

I know. I'm just interested in her ability to come up with a reply that lives within the bounds of physics. 

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Apparently, there is unreleased video footage of events in the vicinity of WTC7 just after its collapse.

> On it, there is a suspicious looking vehicle. US intelligence have said that it is a highly specialised off road vehicle with devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces. A visiting British Officer said that it looked like an "Old school Land Rover carrying some ladders'.

> The audio file has been cleaned up and and voices, etc. analysed. Most of it appears to be in some strange language that no one can understand and it is assumed that it is an Arabic dialect that no one in the West is aware of.   However and somewhat strangely, there appears to be one brief comment in English. It doesn't make much sense though, as it sounds like they're saying: "Did You Like That"?

> Both the vehicle and mystery talker have still not been found...

Fred Dibnah has been suspiciously quiet on the matter.

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Apparently, there is unreleased video footage of events in the vicinity of WTC7 just after its collapse.

> On it, there is a suspicious looking vehicle. US intelligence have said that it is a highly specialised off road vehicle with devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces. A visiting British Officer said that it looked like an "Old school Land Rover carrying some ladders'.

> The audio file has been cleaned up and and voices, etc. analysed. Most of it appears to be in some strange language that no one can understand and it is assumed that it is an Arabic dialect that no one in the West is aware of.   However and somewhat strangely, there appears to be one brief comment in English. It doesn't make much sense though, as it sounds like they're saying: "Did You Like That"?

> Both the vehicle and mystery talker have still not been found...

Do you think there's the faintest possibility of any this 'unreleased video footage', cleaned-up audio file, visiting British Officer, old school Land Rover with 'devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces' (ladders, apparently!), or mysterious Arabs being anything other than complete fantasy?  

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Cutting ultra processed food has well qualified backing

Nobody is denying that most people could make a material improvement to their health by eating less highly-processed food thereby cutting their salt and sugar intake.  We nearly all eat too much of these and they are bad for us.  No question.  Linked to hypertension and obesity, both of which clearly correlate with poor outcomes in COVID-19 (and many other things).

However, telling someone in ITU that they should eat better and take more exercise is probably not helpful.  Preventative medicine needs to happen before people become sick, not afterwards. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> The Titanic was deigned to be unsinkable. That didn't work very well. You shouldn't overlook the possibility that the design didn't live up to its promise. 

I've already done that above showing that 12 floors cannot destroy 98 floors below, it's very straightforward which is why the folk at NIST who I presume have more than a GCSE in Physics between them won't go into it. Basically because they know it can't happen without the use of pre-placed explosive charges.

So two iconic state of the art buildings designed and built in 70s New York to safely withstand hurricane winds, explosions and a passenger airline flying into it collapse in the latter situation even though it is impossible without a massive pre-planned explosive system. 

Post edited at 10:08
 Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I've already done that above showing that 12 floors cannot destroy 98 floors below, it's very straightforward

No, its very far from being straightforward. The idea that a complex situation such as the collision of aircraft loaded with highly flammable fuel can be modelled simply using Newton's Third Law is gibberish of the highest order. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Not worth the skin wear incurred on your typing fingers. You're arguing a point with someone who still insists that the Germans killed 22,000 Poles at Katyn.

> Despite the Germans and Polish as well as a variety of forensic archeologists all saying it was the Russians.

> Oh, and the Russians say it was them too.

> But Pefa knows best, cos Google.

> FFS

Nothing to add to the debate on 911 other than attacking me then? Fair enough,you stick to what you can do. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> No, its very far from being straightforward. The idea that a complex situation such as the collision of aircraft loaded with highly flammable fuel can be modelled simply using Newton's Third Law is gibberish of the highest order. 

You are basically saying that it is beyond architects to design buildings that safeguard against a plane flying into them. How do you come to that conclusion? And you think physics laws don't apply in that situation.

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> You are basically saying that it is beyond architects to design buildings that safeguard against a plane flying into them.

No, I'm not saying that. Where do you think I did say that? 

off-duty 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Nothing to add to the debate on 911 other than attacking me then? Fair enough,you stick to what you can do. 

To give you credit, you come across well read and well-studied on Soviet/communist history - even if that view might be on one particular side.

I can imagine your frustration when you get embroiled in yet another argument on communism and are faced with regurgitated third hand knowledge based on Google.

Now imagine how degree educated physicists and qualified engineers feel when faced with an argument about 9/11 based on regurgitating a Truther website and attempting to demonstrate a practical application and understanding of Newton's laws....

Ridge 02 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> Fred Dibnah has been suspiciously quiet on the matter.

That's because he was killed by the CIA, along with the 350 demolition experts who rigged both towers with explosives without anyone noticing.

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> So two iconic state of the art buildings designed and built in 70s New York to withstand hurricane winds, explosions and a passenger airline flying into it collapse in the latter situation even though it is impossible without a massive pre-planned explosive system.

No you claim it is impossible which is not the same thing at all.

They were designed in the 60s.

With regards to the design to handle a passenger jet the engineers said they considered it however it was for a relatively low speed collision from a 707 or similar. Not a 767 which is larger, carries more fuel and was moving a lot faster. They didnt have access to the modelling technology either to really evaluate the risk.

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> You are basically saying that it is beyond architects to design buildings that safeguard against a plane flying into them.

Its more the structural engineers who would have to do that whilst dealing with whatever fantasy the architect wants.

It is also a balancing act between the probability of it happening and the implications in both cost and usability of making it safe.  If you want something completely plane proof you end up with something like Saint-Nazaire submarine base which has a few downsides to it. Anything less is a compromise based on the risk assessment. Something like an Airbus 380 hitting at speed will do a lot of damage.

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>...to withstand hurricane winds, explosions and a passenger airline flying into it

But no one had actually flown a fully loaded and accelerating passenger plane, with full tanks, into a building like those. They would have modeled a plane strike, but there would be several variables that would have to be educated guesses. There would also be other assumptions made. They wouldn't model the strike on every floor, the strike may have been horizontal, not at an angle, fire suppression systems may have been presumed to work etc etc.

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Ridge:

> That's because he was killed by the CIA, along with the 350 demolition experts who rigged both towers with explosives without anyone noticing.

WRONG! Fred never used explosives. Clearly, you are leading us up the garden path.

Fred would have cut through the supporting columns, replacing them with blocks of wood. When the fire burnt through them, the building would come down. There would be no explosive residue, no forensics. It's all there, if you do your research and watch his vids. Join the dots.

Stichtplate 02 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> To give you credit, you come across well read and well-studied on Soviet/communist history - even if that view might be on one particular side.

I’m afraid not. Pefa was entirely unaware who Eric Hobsbawn and Robert Service were. The depth of her knowledge base isn’t very deep at all

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Cutting ultra processed food has well qualified backing

A casual interest in history makes it abundantly clear that it doesnt prevent epidemics wiping out large numbers of people though.

off-duty 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I've already done that above showing that 12 floors cannot destroy 98 floors below, it's very straightforward which is why the folk at NIST who I presume have more than a GCSE in Physics between them won't go into it. Basically because they know it can't happen without the use of pre-placed explosive charges.

You realise that you have moved away from a disagreement between scientists to a straightforward allegation that NIST are actively part of a conspiracy. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> To give you credit, you come across well read and well-studied on Soviet/communist history - even if that view might be on one particular side.

Thanks and the same back to you on matters of British Law and policing as we all defer to you on these subjects. 

> I can imagine your frustration when you get embroiled in yet another argument on communism and are faced with regurgitated third hand knowledge based on Google.

> Now imagine how degree educated physicists and qualified engineers feel when faced with an argument about 9/11 based on regurgitating a Truther website and attempting to demonstrate a practical application and understanding of Newton's laws...

' Regurgitating',if by that you mean it was a long time ago then yes I agree but you were the one who raised this matter in the first place not I.

A 'truther website', has the ring of a reptile space aliens with lasers website about it which is perhaps why you chose that term over 3000 independent Architects and Engineers website. So imagine how the highly qualified and respected scientists, architects and engineers whose scientific work on this matter I have been ' regurgitating' on here must feel when some people are so in denial of the actual proven science that all they can do is resort to name calling or dismissal. Although the proportion of Americans who think it was an inside job is very high there are many people who still keep their head in the sand. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

> I’m afraid not. Pefa was entirely unaware who Eric Hobsbawn and Robert Service were. The depth of her knowledge base isn’t very deep at all

And how did they influence the USSR between 1917 and 1991?

No this is a deflection tactic because your 911 debate is lost, let's stick to the subject at hand and not deflect onto Katyn or some Oxbridge propagandists. 

Post edited at 11:27
 mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> A 'truther website', has the ring of a reptile space aliens with lasers website about it which is perhaps why you chose that term over 3000 independent Architects and Engineers website.

Well they do have "Truth" in their title so it isnt exactly unreasonable to call them truthers.

> So imagine how the highly qualified and respected scientists, architects and engineers whose scientific work on this matter

What about all the others who disagree with them? Why are these the ones we should listen to?

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> You realise that you have moved away from a disagreement between scientists to a straightforward allegation that NIST are actively part of a conspiracy. 

Off the top of my head why does NIST's investigation of the twin towers stop at the point of collapse? Why did they deny freefall speed of WTC7 building when A&E911T told them it did collapse at freefall? Why was their initial investigation branded a whitewash even by a member of that initial commission? Why do they completely ignore any investigation into the use of explosives on all 911 collapses? There are tons more stuff I can dig up but I'm busy atm. 

freeflyer 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

I'm sure I won't change your opinion on this, however here is a resource which supports everyone else's point of view except yours (is this a clue?):

https://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

Also, the twenty or so chartered structural engineers in my Dad's firm who were glued to the telly at the time were all saying "it's going to collapse". I am not a structural engineer, so what do I know, but I'm pretty sure they understood the situation. The heat from the fire weakened the steel structural support for the flooring, and all that concrete collapsed downwards; each floor that collapsed added lots more mass.

You don't really need even a basic grasp of physics. Here's a NIST report summary:

https://www.nist.gov/topics/disaster-failure-studies/faqs-nist-wtc-towers-i...

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> No you claim it is impossible which is not the same thing at all.

> They were designed in the 60s.

> With regards to the design to handle a passenger jet the engineers said they considered it however it was for a relatively low speed collision from a 707 or similar. Not a 767 which is larger, carries more fuel and was moving a lot faster. They didnt have access to the modelling technology either to really evaluate the risk.

No you are wrong as it wasn't moving a lot faster, the twin towers were designed to withstand an impact at 600 mph (cruise speed of a 707)whereas both actual impact speeds were of 470 mph and 590 mph. The impact of a 707 the buildings were designed to withstand is actually greater than a 767 at cruising speed of both planes which would result in 10% more damage by the slightly lighter 707.The planes are very similar and the impact of the modelled 707 at cruising speed done by the designers of the twin towers has practically the same forces as the worst one on the day. 

Post edited at 12:47
 elsewhere 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

Can you explain the energy absorption mechanism of a structure to absorb the impact of ten of thousands of tons (the structure above) falling a few meters? Unlike a car, a building isn't designed with crumple zones as an energy absorption mechanism.

Can you point to a 1970s New York building design code that specifies building must withstand dynamic load of progressive collapse rather than static loads, wind loading, safety margin & redundancy to prevent any collapse? 

Just like rock climbing, in the absence of an engineered energy absorption* mechanism you're in free fall.

*dynamic rope 

My understanding is that 9/11 was simply too much for the design. The building withstood the impact. But not the fire damage to the structure.

Post edited at 12:46
 LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> You realise that you have moved away from a disagreement between scientists to a straightforward allegation that NIST are actively part of a conspiracy. 

Are you inferring that conspiracies never happen ??

Or just in countries like Russia, Libya or Iraq ?

That UK - The Green & Pleasant Land & America - Land of the Free - are both guiltless in foreign affairs ?

Get Real !

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to freeflyer:

> You don't really need even a basic grasp of physics. Here's a NIST report summary:

I'm only a gullible non-engineer, but this looks pretty convincing to me and tackles a lot of the oft-repeated killer questions of the conspiracy theorists head on.

In the end though, a huge conspiracy of the kind that would have been required just defies plausibility.  The idea that no-one would have noticed the huge amount of preparation that would have been required, and that no-one involved would have leaked anything, even after all this time is just unbelievable.  Why go to all that trouble as well as arranging for two hijacked planes to crash into the buildings?  What kind of bonkers overkill is that?  Were the planes just a distraction, seriously?  

Plus the minor quibble about who the hell would do it, why, and why they didn't claim responsibility to enforce whatever deranged demand or world view they were trying to enforce.  Did they just think it would be impolite to spoil Bin Laden's big day? 

Post edited at 12:56
 mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> No you are wrong as it wasn't moving a lot faster, the twin towers were designed to withstand an impact at 600 mph (cruise speed of a 707

No the actual engineer stated that his scenario was a slow moving plane looking to land.  Now the port authority decided otherwise but since there is no actual documentation either way I would go with the bloke who designed it.

As for your use of "modelled" as before this doesnt really work since they had neither the tools or the background information to realistically model this. So even if they had designed for it, which they hadnt, it would have been liable to be wrong.

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to off-duty:

> Again. FFS. 30% effectiveness is a huge number of people who are NOT dead. I believe dexamethasone has improved the survival rate of hospitalised patients by about 30%. Let's not use it, because it's not a lot to go on for not a whole lot of people.

Maybe so but its not going to get us anywhere near the 80% CCDH says we'll need for herd immunity. 

On the other hand we do have Prof Christian Perronne in France telling us that 'of 30,000 covid mortalities, 25,000 would have been saved by HCQ' - now there's real hope

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Are you inferring that conspiracies never happen ??

Clearly they arent. They are simply stating NIST would have to be actively involved in the conspiracy.

Odd you decided to leap all the way to this claim.

ebdon 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

As a Gov employed scientist I love conspiracy theories, the confidance by some members of the public that any government organisation has the levels of coordination, planning, compitance and manpower involed to pull these off gives me a warm feeling inside. Thanks for believing in us!

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> On the other hand we do have Prof Christian Perronne in France telling us that 'of 30,000 covid mortalities, 25,000 would have been saved by HCQ' - now there's real hope

Shame all the proper studies havent shown any real advantage.

Out of curiosity why are vaccines bad and HCQ good though?

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> A casual interest in history makes it abundantly clear that it doesnt prevent epidemics wiping out large numbers of people though.

No, not like a contagious disease, just a steady death rate - is that why it's more acceptable - you don't want to be taken by surprise ?

Quote: World Health Organization (WHO) has released a new Global Status Report on Nonommunicable Diseases (NCDs). The report states that most premature NCD deaths are preventable. Of the 38 million lives lost to NCDs in 2012, 16 million or 42% were premature and avoidable – up from 14.6 million in 2000.

http://www.add-resources.org/number-of-premature-and-avoidable-ncd-deaths-o...

The focus in this article is on tobacco & alcohol - but I think an averagely informed person knows how diest relates to all named in the following:

Quote: The four main categories of NCDs are cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes and chronic respiratory diseases, which share four modifiable behavioural risk factors: Tobacco use, physical inactivity, unhealthy diet and the harmful use of alcohol. The toll from NCDs is increasing, reaching 16 million people dying prematurely in 2012 – before the age of 70.

Ridge 02 Sep 2020

> As a Gov employed scientist I love conspiracy theories, the confidance by some members of the public that any government organisation has the levels of coordination, planning, compitance and manpower involed to pull these off gives me a warm feeling inside. Thanks for believing in us!

I'm just imagining the interminable meetings, project scope documentation, work breakdown structure, reponsibilities matrices, project milestones, quality grading of the nano-thermite, human resources for the black ops teams..

Do you think they had some 'project excellence' and 'employee recognition awards' afterwards?

"What are those two little perspex towers on a plastic plinth that you have on your desk, Dave?"

"Erm..."

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> No the actual engineer stated that his scenario was a slow moving plane looking to land.  Now the port authority decided otherwise but since there is no actual documentation either way I would go with the bloke who designed it.

Wrong again-

The analysis Skilling is referring to is likely one done in early 1964, during the design phase of the towers. A three-page white paper, dated February 3, 1964, described its findings: “The buildings have been investigated and found to be safe in an assumed collision with a large jet airliner (Boeing 707—DC 8) traveling at 600 miles per hour. Analysis indicates that such collision would result in only local damage which could not cause collapse or substantial damage to the building and would not endanger the lives and safety of occupants not in the immediate area of impact.

> As for your use of "modelled" as before this doesnt really work since they had neither the tools or the background information to realistically model this. So even if they had designed for it, which they hadnt, it would have been liable to be wrong.

Wrong again,they did design for it. 

" Not only were the towers designed to survive crashes of large jet aircraft, but they were designed to potentially survive multiple plane crashes. This assertion is supported by Frank A. Demartini, the on-site construction manager for the World Trade Center, who said on January 25, 2001:

“The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it. That was the largest plane at the time. I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners because this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door—this intense grid—and the jet plane is just a pencil puncturing that screen netting. It really does nothing to the screen netting.”

Demartini appeared to be so confident that the towers would not collapse that he stayed behind, after the airplane impacts, to help save at least 50 people. As a result of his actions, he lost his life on 9/11.

Like the firefighters who perished in the WTC buildings, Demartini may very well have risked his life to save others, but the evidence suggests that he did not think he was endangering himself by simply going back into the building.

In addition, investigators from NIST who examined the destruction of the WTC skyscrapers told The New York Times in 2007 that newly disclosed documents from the 1960s show that the new York Port Authority, the original owners of Twin Towers, also considered aircraft moving at 600 mph, slightly faster and therefore more destructive than the ones that did hit the towers."

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> No, not like a contagious disease, just a steady death rate - is that why it's more acceptable - you don't want to be taken by surprise ?

Yes like a contagious disease since that was the context that you were stating your extremely dangerous and irresponsible anti vaccine case. Its not hard and shouldnt need you to jump to wild and bizarre conclusions but since you seem to have problems I will spell it out.

For example Smallpox killed hundreds of thousands a year when there were minimal highly processed foods and was stopped by vaccination. So you would have to be a tad dumb to get rid of both the foods and the vaccination approach.

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> " Not only were the towers designed to survive crashes of large jet aircraft, but they were designed to potentially survive multiple plane crashes. This assertion is supported by Frank A. Demartini, the on-site construction manager for the World Trade Center, who said on January 25, 2001:

> “The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it. That was the largest plane at the time. I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners because this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door—this intense grid—and the jet plane is just a pencil puncturing that screen netting. It really does nothing to the screen netting.”

Well, he was mistaken.

Can't help wondering what else you might be able to achieve if you spent your time and energy on something more productive and satisfying than this endless obsessing about something that all rational analysis indicates didn't happen and couldn't be proved even if it did. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> I'm only a gullible non-engineer, but this looks pretty convincing to me and tackles a lot of the oft-repeated killer questions of the conspiracy theorists head on.

So why did WTC7 collapse at freefall? 

> In the end though, a huge conspiracy of the kind that would have been required just defies plausibility.  The idea that no-one would have noticed the huge amount of preparation that would have been required, and that no-one involved would have leaked anything, even after all this time is just unbelievable.  Why go to all that trouble as well as arranging for two hijacked planes to crash into the buildings?  What kind of bonkers overkill is that?  Were the planes just a distraction, seriously?  

If you found out you were unwittingly a part of the planning would you expose yourself and your family to the firestorm that would follow? Knowing that folk who murder 3000 innocent people can easily accident or suicide you as the government will be behind them? Or if you were a willing participant who thought of exposing the crime you were a part of do you think you would come out and say 'yes I want to tell the families that I helped to murder 3000 of their innocent relatives?To be attacked by all sides? I don't think so. Look how Assange ends up for calling out the US empire. 

> Plus the minor quibble about who the hell would do it, why, and why they didn't claim responsibility to enforce whatever deranged demand or world view they were trying to enforce.  Did they just think it would be impolite to spoil Bin Laden's big day? 

What did it produce? To date a 19 year occupation of Afghanistan and the destruction and occupation of Iraq. A War on Terror that was a War of Terror, the Patriot Act etc 

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Wrong again-

Unlike you I can handle complexity so just to repeat. There are varying reports but no good evidence remains. One of the chief designers,Leslie E. Robertson, was clear it wasnt designed for that.

And, again, it doesnt matter anyway since they didnt have the capability in the 60s to model it properly anyway.

> What did it produce? To date a 19 year occupation of Afghanistan and the destruction and occupation of Iraq

And this is a perfect example of the flaws of the truthers.

Why if it was a conspiracy didnt they rig the evidence properly to point at Iraq.

Even for Afghanistan it nearly failed since the Taliban were willing to make a deal to get rid of the Saudi troublemakers.

They had this brilliant massive conspiracy but used a bunch of Saudis rather than people wearing I love Saddam t-shirts?

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>“The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it. That was the largest plane at the time. I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners because this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door—this intense grid—and the jet plane is just a pencil puncturing that screen netting. It really does nothing to the screen netting.”

>Demartini appeared to be so confident that the towers would not collapse that he stayed behind, after the airplane impacts, to help save at least 50 people. As a result of his actions, he lost his life on 9/11.

Someone, we must assume was an experienced engineer, was wrong. What else were the builders and designers wrong about?

To be fair, he was probably a brilliant engineer, and undoubtedly a brave man. However, as has been mentioned, the modeling in 1964, wouldn't have used computers. It wouldn't be sophisticated enough to take in all variables. Once again, to give credit where it is due, the buildings did withstand the impact, for a time. That allowed time for many people to escape.

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> In addition, investigators from NIST who examined the destruction of the WTC skyscrapers told The New York Times in 2007 that newly disclosed documents from the 1960s show that the new York Port Authority, the original owners of Twin Towers, also considered aircraft moving at 600 mph, slightly faster and therefore more destructive than the ones that did hit the towers."

The planes that hit the twin towers were considerably heavier than 707s. Applying very simple physics, it is therefore not correct to say "more destructive than the ones that did hit the towers"

You have not yet addressed my question as to the effect of Newton's Second Law. I wonder if you would do me the courtesy of replying. Similarly, I wonder if you could address my query as to when I said it was impossible to design buildings that could withstand aircraft collsions. 

Evading simple questions does not strengthen your case. 

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

>Are you inferring that conspiracies never happen ??

It's quite clear that conspiracies do happen. However, they don't play out, as one might expect. 

Take the Iraq war. With hundreds of thousands of people planning and executing it, what happened? We took the country in 2 weeks or there abouts, winning the war. Then, we fscked up, and lost the peace and it all went to pot for a decade or so. If you remember, this was a war that was going to pay for itself.

Libya, no doubt had legions of spooks and military people looking at overthrowing that regime. Possibly many, many years in the planning. The war was won, the peace was lost. Not quite as successful in Syria. In Afghanistan we went in as liberators, with the support of the people. That didn't work out so well.

So yes, conspiracies do happen. Just that the execution lets them down. Which makes me think that something more sophisticated than some blokes with rifles and a president in an open top vehicle, will fail.

(See, I didn't mention Brexit.)

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Unlike you I can handle complexity so just to repeat. There are varying reports but no good evidence remains. One of the chief designers,Leslie E. Robertson, was clear it wasnt designed for that.

In 2001, Leslie Robertson, a WTC structural engineer who worked as a subordinate to Skilling, claimed that the Twin Towers were only able to withstand the impact of jet airplanes going no faster than 180 mph. However, not only are these statements contradicted by the design test results, they also contradict statements made by Robertson in 1984/1985, when he said that there was “little likelihood of a collapse no matter how the building was attacked.”

> And, again, it doesnt matter anyway since they didnt have the capability in the 60s to model it properly anyway.

According to NIST you mean. 

> And this is a perfect example of the flaws of the truthers.

> Why if it was a conspiracy didnt they rig the evidence properly to point at Iraq.

Sorry was Iraq their main goal? 

> Even for Afghanistan it nearly failed since the Taliban were willing to make a deal to get rid of the Saudi troublemakers.

It didn't fail in the slightest as there was no doubt that Afghanistan was getting bombed and invaded. Which it was and did. 

> They had this brilliant massive conspiracy but used a bunch of Saudis rather than people wearing I love Saddam t-shirts?

According to them the perpetrators were terrorists hence the War on Terror. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> >“The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it. That was the largest plane at the time. I believe that the building probably could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners because this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door—this intense grid—and the jet plane is just a pencil puncturing that screen netting. It really does nothing to the screen netting.”

> >Demartini appeared to be so confident that the towers would not collapse that he stayed behind, after the airplane impacts, to help save at least 50 people. As a result of his actions, he lost his life on 9/11.

> Someone, we must assume was an experienced engineer, was wrong. What else were the builders and designers wrong about?

Yes how could he model for a building packed with thermite charges ready to be brought down in a controlled demolition.

Tell me if the 1964 modelling was not sufficient would he keep going back in to rescue people? 

> To be fair, he was probably a brilliant engineer, and undoubtedly a brave man. However, as has been mentioned, the modeling in 1964, wouldn't have used computers. It wouldn't be sophisticated enough to take in all variables. Once again, to give credit where it is due, the buildings did withstand the impact, for a time. That allowed time for many people to escape.

The top 12 floors cannot crush the bottom 98 without explosive charges to bring it down and the 12 floors would show a loss in acceleration when they impacted the 98 floors beneath them but there was no loss of acceleration. 

youtube.com/watch?v=NiHeCjZlkr8&

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> In 2001, Leslie Robertson, a WTC structural engineer who worked as a subordinate to Skilling, claimed that the Twin Towers were only able to withstand the impact of jet airplanes going no faster than 180 mph. However, not only are these statements contradicted by the design test results, they also contradict statements made by Robertson in 1984/1985, when he said that there was “little likelihood of a collapse no matter how the building was attacked.”

So, two different engineers had differing views. Maybe neither of them were right? Maybe Roberston was right. Maybe 1990s modelling wasn't sufficiently powerful to model all possibilities. 

> According to them the perpetrators were terrorists hence the War on Terror. 

So why were the terrorists labelled as being Saudis? Given that Saudi Arabia is a major Western ally in the Middle East, it seems a little odd to lay the blame on Saudis when the preferred target was elsewhere.

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> So why did WTC7 collapse at freefall? 

No idea, although I find it hard to see how any building could actually do that, in any circumstances.

In any case, it didn't, according to this:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/design/a3524/4278874/ 

Just so I'm clear, what's your conspiracy theory here?  Do you say this was done by whoever was responsible for WTC 1 & 2, or somebody different?  Was there some sort of joint plan announced on the dark web for anyone who was interested in a bit of public demolition to pick a building in Manhattan and join in on 9/11?   

Kalna_kaza 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> I went for about 17 years after 911 thinking the same as you so was that 'crackpot' to or is it only crackpot when you decide it is? I mean you have provided zero to this debate other than to attack one debater which is very telling. 

I'm not a materials or buildings expert but given the two options of either:

a) an unprecedented event involving two heavily fuel laden planes exploding in close proximity to a building which then undergoes a catastrophic fire. This clearly goes beyond any design intent for all except a few military and nuclear installations. Granted it has been classed as the first steel frame building to collapse due to (or related to) a fire, this does not mean it can't happen, merely it hadn't previously been observed.

b) a massive cover up involving the complete compliance of many people to successfully achieve a clandestine controlled explosion in building being occupied by multiple US intelligence agencies, amongst others. Given the main attack succeeded mainly because of low technology (knives, fake explosives to scare passengers, poor internal flight security screening) why would anyone go to so much trouble to then destroy a less iconic building in such a complex way? 

I reckon option A is more plausible, don't you? I would describe option B as being pretty "crackpot". Maybe I've been duped, "their" master plan has worked, even the USA's most capable adversaries' intelligence agencies haven't found out and decided against publicly humiliating the States for their mistakes. But go ahead, believe what you want, just don't expect many to take it seriously.

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> So, two different engineers had differing views. Maybe neither of them were right? Maybe Roberston was right. Maybe 1990s modelling wasn't sufficiently powerful to model all possibilities. 

Eh no, Robertson directly contradicted his own statement where previously stated--"little likelihood of a collapse no matter how the building was attacked.” So for some strange reason he changed his tack afterwards. 

> So why were the terrorists labelled as being Saudis? Given that Saudi Arabia is a major Western ally in the Middle East, it seems a little odd to lay the blame on Saudis when the preferred target was elsewhere.

Did we go and invade and attack ROI during the troubles? No so why attack KSA because some of its people joined an international jihad that attacked America? 

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Eh no, Robertson directly contradicted his own statement where previously stated--"little likelihood of a collapse no matter how the building was attacked.” So for some strange reason he changed his tack afterwards. 

Perhaps he changed his mind. Perhaps he was hedging his bets. Perhaps he recognised and acknowledged that the modelling had its limits. I am surprised that you are not open to the possibility that he made a mistake. 

> Did we go and invade and attack ROI during the troubles? No so why attack KSA because some of its people joined an international jihad that attacked America? 

You do a good job of missing the point. If the aim of the 9/11 conspiracy was to create a pretext to invade Afghanistan, why were the hijackers not labelled as Afghanis? If the conspiracy was capable of all that happened, lobbing a few Afghani passports into the mix would be small beer. 

I am also still waiting for your thoughts on the effect of Newton's Second Law. You have previously been keen to invoke Newton's Third law, so I would have thought you would have such basic physics covered. 

And I am also still waiting for a response from your claim that I am "basically saying that it is beyond architects to design buildings that safeguard against a plane flying into them". As I said earlier, I have made no such claim. A retraction would be appropriate and welcome. 

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to ebdon:

> As a Gov employed scientist I love conspiracy theories, the confidance by some members of the public that any government organisation has the levels of coordination, planning, compitance and manpower involed to pull these off gives me a warm feeling inside. Thanks for believing in us!

You've come in a bit late to the show. I have asserted on many occasions - it's not the governments - but rather the offstage actors - content to avoid the encircling spotlight

FactorXXX 02 Sep 2020

> Do you think there's the faintest possibility of any this 'unreleased video footage', cleaned-up audio file, visiting British Officer, old school Land Rover with 'devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces' (ladders, apparently!), or mysterious Arabs being anything other than complete fantasy?  

Before 2138 last night I wouldn't have believed a single word of it either... 🙄

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>  However, not only are these statements contradicted by the design test results,

Please provide these test results. At best some simplistic modelling was done not a proper test, for rather obvious reasons.

> they also contradict statements made by Robertson in 1984/1985, when he said that there was “little likelihood of a collapse no matter how the building was attacked.”

I would want to see this quote in context although I do like how you are trying to use this despite it being clearly wrong. He has discounted whatever your conspiracy theory as well.

> According to NIST you mean. 

No according to anyone who thinks about the limitations of 1960s technology for a moment.

> Sorry was Iraq their main goal? 

It was a high priority goal hence why they attacked it in short order. So why on earth didnt they fit Saddam up properly instead of relying on insinuation and crap about WMD (see there is a case of the US and UK government lying through their teeth).

> It didn't fail in the slightest as there was no doubt that Afghanistan was getting bombed and invaded. Which it was and did. 

Well yes but it failed to gain as much support as they could have if they had spent a bit more effort fitting people up.

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> I will spell it out.

No, let me spell it out. Forget about the past. In the present pandemic we're grumbling about 850k - if you believe the figures. In the figures I quoted for 2012 we have 16,000,000 premature. As discussed in that article - with the WHO stamp of approval on it - inputs to many of these are identified and subject to political will - easy to change.

Have we seen government stampdown on tobacco, alcohol & sugar ? These lead to the mortalities - 18x greater than cv19 - and we know exactly what to change to effect this. Such change would impact NCDs directly AND reduce sars2 vulnerability - so compound benefits.

So, tell me why the worlds governments haven't acted ?

Ridge 02 Sep 2020

> Do you think there's the faintest possibility of any this 'unreleased video footage', cleaned-up audio file, visiting British Officer, old school Land Rover with 'devices purpose built to scale high vertical surfaces' (ladders, apparently!), or mysterious Arabs being anything other than complete fantasy?  

It's not just black helicopters that can go over your head without you noticing...

ebdon 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

Yet you continue to bang on about governments, its getting rather tiresome.

MG 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> A 'truther website', has the ring of a reptile space aliens with lasers website about it which is perhaps why you chose that term over 3000 independent Architects and Engineers website. So imagine how the highly qualified and respected scientists, architects and engineers 

Are there any structural engineers listed? Architects and physicists know very little about building design and behaviour.

Also note the twin towers did survive plane crashes, so pointing out they were designed to doesn't move things forward. The fires are what resulted in collapse.

Post edited at 16:29
 john arran 02 Sep 2020

If there's any conspiracy at all worth believing, it would be the rather more prosaic version wherein someone makes a quick buck by supplying substandard building materials and passing them off as genuine by forging certification certificates or by simple bribery of a tiny number of people. No amount of design engineering or test modelling could guard against that, and the chances of it having gone undetected until now are ridiculously high because any one of the tiny number of people who knew about it beforehand would be facing an almost certain prison sentence if it were to have got out.

LeeWood 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Shame all the proper studies havent shown any real advantage.

But they have. The WHO has doubled back on it's own authority to suppress tests in France

> Out of curiosity why are vaccines bad and HCQ good though?

Personally I would advise people to first do what they can with lifestyle changes. However given the lack of preparedness, the justification for a pandemic is that 'we have no cure'. This is a lie, chloroquine / HCQ was proposed by several authorities at a v early stage - pre lockdown. This drug is very cheap, and the suppression of it's use reveals the pandemic politics in one hit. 

So what is 'bad' ? Waiting for a vaccine and spreading fear that it's the only solution. Had HCQ been used at all stages in all countries there would be very few mortalities to talk about, and most unlikley to justify the term 'pandemic'.

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> No idea, although I find it hard to see how any building could actually do that, in any circumstances.

> In any case, it didn't, according to this:

No worries, that is out of date as that NIST report has been thoroughly exposed as wrong. I posted about that upthread in a link go find. 

> Just so I'm clear, what's your conspiracy theory here?  Do you say this was done by whoever was responsible for WTC 1 & 2, or somebody different?  Was there some sort of joint plan announced on the dark web for anyone who was interested in a bit of public demolition to pick a building in Manhattan and join in on 9/11?   

Obviously whoever blew up WTC7 blew up both twin towers and the only people who could do all that is the regime at that time using intelligence mobs and the military. Especially highlighted by the use of cutting edge thermite found in all dust samples taken in the area. 

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Obviously whoever blew up WTC7 blew up both twin towers 

So what was the point of the planes? 

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> So, tell me why the worlds governments haven't acted ?

Again you are mixing things up and trying to move the goalposts away from your dangerous anti vaccine position. Its simple enough relying on "natural health" often results in large numbers of corpses. Modern medicine and vaccines in particular help keep deaths down.

As for why governments dont act on tobacco, alcohol and sugar.  For the first two in particular many governments have acted against them and tried to reduce their usage. However its a long term project although one which seems to be working somewhat for tobacco. For alcohol though you have the issue that moonshine isnt very hard and so any attempt to ban it can result in more dangerous homebrew. Incidently South Africa did enact a ban this year with mixed success. Its also worth noting the tories seem to be moving towards greater intervention about food but are running into internal strife.

The problem is, in case you havent noticed, some people are rather suspicious about governments and want to limit its ability to interfere in what they see as their own personal business. That when combined with our tendancy not to be that good at evaluating long term risk as well as a great ability to fool ourselves makes it hard to crack down.

dread-i 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>Yes how could he model for a building packed with thermite charges ready to be brought down in a controlled demolition.

Are you confusing apples with eggs here? Thermite is not an explosive, they demo it in school science, for example. It burns really hot and can melt steel, which would fit with some idea of a man made demolition. However, it burns really brightly. Vids would show it glowing white hot, as it burnt. Also, it would not be instantaneous, as an explosion might be.

I would have thought you'd want a floor to collapse in one go. If it sorta dropped at different rates, you might not get the required effect of the whole building coming down. If it doesn't come down, then you run the risk of someone discovering the demolition mechanism(s).

>Tell me if the 1964 modelling was not sufficient would he keep going back in to rescue people? 

Yes. If the modeling was flawed and said it was safe. Or, he could just be very brave. Some firefighters didn't abandon the second tower, even after the first had fallen, for example.

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Ridge:

> It's not just black helicopters that can go over your head without you noticing...

Fair enough!  It is getting increasingly difficult to spot satire against the background of genuine paranoia and delusion!

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> But they have. The WHO has doubled back on it's own authority to suppress tests in France

How exactly? All that has happened is it has been tested on a larger scale and hasnt been found to be effective. How have they been suppressed?

> This is a lie, chloroquine / HCQ was proposed by several authorities at a v early stage - pre lockdown. This drug is very cheap, and the suppression of it's use reveals the pandemic politics in one hit. 

You will need to help me out here. Even if I take your claim at face value why exactly are governments doing this? Its going to be a mess which stands a good chance of wiping out any government who was in charge at the time regardless of guilt. So why on earth would they suppress this miracle cure? They would look great especially compared to the bozos who suppressed it for some reason. What on earth is the benefit to the medical chiefs and PMs/Presidents?

Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Especially highlighted by the use of cutting edge thermite found in all dust samples taken in the area. 

OK, I'm not getting sucked into this any further, but this seems to be a specific claim for which you presumably have some evidence.  The NIST report specifically denies it. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to MG:

> Are there any structural engineers listed?

How am I supposed to know that? 

> Architects and physicists know very little about building design and behaviour.

Physicists agreed architects disagree. 

> Also note the twin towers did survive plane crashes, so pointing out they were designed to doesn't move things forward. The fires are what resulted in collapse.

How do fires down WTC7 building exactly symmetrically at freefall speed (nothing under it) into its own footprint and leave pools of molten metal at the scene? 

Look at the various different films of it and chuckle at how wrong you are-

youtube.com/watch?v=k7GJOimeHII&

Oh and edit let's have a right laugh at  NIST on the above film for denying the NY firefighters who heard all the explosions at WTC7 and the twin towers over 100 seperate eyewitness accounts where NIST said there were none.

And the top NIST man on the film who says there were no molten pools of metal when there are numerous reports of them. 

Post edited at 17:17
In reply to LeeWood:

First, no-one is “justifying a pandemic”. It doesn’t need to be justified - there is a recognised definition of a pandemic and the current situation meets it. No one is implementing a pandemic and needing to justify their actions. 

Second, even in your wilder moments you never went as far as to claim that HCQ was a “cure” or that it should be used at all stages of the illness. Your suspect lone-wolf scientists never went anywhere near such a sweeping claim. 

You’re drifting further into fantasy by the day. 

Ridge 02 Sep 2020

It was the only English words in the stange foreign language that gave it away:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CV2GuK6CmY&

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Oh and edit let's have a right laugh at  NIST on the above film for denying the NY firefighters who heard all the explosions at WTC7

What explosions? You have just claimed it is thermite which, as dread-i points out, isnt an explosive.

Sir Chasm 02 Sep 2020

> So what was the point of the planes? 

There weren't any planes, what we saw were holograms to distract from the rigged charges. Wake up, sheeple!!!

Harry Jarvis 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> There weren't any planes, what we saw were holograms to distract from the rigged charges. Wake up, sheeple!!!

Sheeple seems to be one of those conspiracist terms that has gone out of fashion a bit. It always used to be a clear indicator of a very closed mind. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> >Yes how could he model for a building packed with thermite charges ready to be brought down in a controlled demolition.

> Are you confusing apples with eggs here? Thermite is not an explosive, they demo it in school science, for example. It burns really hot and can melt steel, which would fit with some idea of a man made demolition. However, it burns really brightly. Vids would show it glowing white hot, as it burnt. Also, it would not be instantaneous, as an explosion might be.

> I would have thought you'd want a floor to collapse in one go. If it sorta dropped at different rates, you might not get the required effect of the whole building coming down. If it doesn't come down, then you run the risk of someone discovering the demolition mechanism(s).

Thermite found in all dust samples taken on 911 and 1011, NIST? No explanation. Melting steel filmed pouring from one twin tower, numerous reports of flowing molten steel after the controlled demolitions of all 3 buildings-

https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/high-temperature-thermitic-reactions

> >Tell me if the 1964 modelling was not sufficient would he keep going back in to rescue people? 

> Yes. If the modeling was flawed and said it was safe. Or, he could just be very brave. Some firefighters didn't abandon the second tower, even after the first had fallen, for example.

Don't kid yourself he would not have continually went back in there unless he thought it was safe as per the tests done in 1964.

In reply to TobyA:

> You missed the great UKC debates on 9/11 about 15 or 16 years ago then. 

This thread has a bit of a groundhog day feel to it now...

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> What explosions? You have just claimed it is thermite which, as dread-i points out, isnt an explosive.

Nano-thermite is. 

https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/faqs/359-faq-6-what-is-nanothermite-cou...

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> So what was the point of the planes? 

A spectacular terrorist attack on the USA, a 'new Pearl Harbour', to justify and get the full support of the American public for a War on Terror, destruction of and 18 year occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq, Patriot Act etc. 

Post edited at 18:23
 TobyA 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

I thought yesterday you said it was just WTC7 that was unexplained by the official narrative. So planes made the towers collapse but the hijackers were working for/tricked by the US government? I'm so confused.

Why did the US government want to invade Afghanistan?

Post edited at 18:32
 FactorXXX 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Ridge:

> It was the only English words in the stange foreign language that gave it away:
> youtube.com/watch?v=4CV2GuK6CmY&

wbo2 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Stuart Williams + Lee Wood. 

> Second, even in your wilder moments you never went as far as to claim that HCQ was a “cure” or that it should be used at all stages of the illness. Your suspect lone-wolf scientists never went anywhere near such a sweeping claim. 

> You’re drifting further into fantasy by the day. 

Oh but you're wrong here.  There are Lone Wolf scientists in France claiming this, and Lee has also claimed it.  The reason that other people can't reproduce this isn't suppression, it's that the guy in France is making it up as a publicity stunt , and to get his profile up.  But because Lee doesn't look any further away than what he saw on youtube he believes him... 

Some people like to live in a fantasy world as it supports how they'd like the world to be. Not how it is

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> The planes that hit the twin towers were considerably heavier than 707s. Applying very simple physics, it is therefore not correct to say "more destructive than the ones that did hit the towers"

It was NIST that said it not I. 

> You have not yet addressed my question as to the effect of Newton's Second Law. I wonder if you would do me the courtesy of replying.

"The acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of the object. As the force acting upon an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is increased. As the mass of an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is decreased."

> Similarly, I wonder if you could address my query as to when I said it was impossible to design buildings that could withstand aircraft collsions. 

Well two did until the Nano-thermite controlled explosions brought them down. 

> Evading simple questions does not strengthen your case. 

If I was but I wasn't as there were tons of questions. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to TobyA:

> I thought yesterday you said it was just WTC7 that was unexplained by the official narrative.

No I never said that I was showing what caused me to question my long standing acceptance of the US government narrative which was due to my first viewing of the destruction of WTC7 building. 

> So planes made the towers collapse

You are stating or asking? I say definitely not, by any stretch of the imagination and all the evidence which is overwhelming. 

> but the hijackers were working for/tricked by the US government? I'm so confused.

It's important to establish the clear causes of the crime before apportioning blame. 

> Why did the US government want to invade Afghanistan?

Or Iraq, or start a War against Terror? Best ask them not me. 

In reply to wbo2:

My bad if I was being too generous there - I seemed to recall Lee previously being a little more restrained and quoting claims that HCQ reduced mortality if used early, rather than it being a cure.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if either he or his pals at the University of YouTube have gone further in their claims. 

Weird that earlier in this thread he said he had forgotten about HCQ though. I’d have thought the existence of a cure for covid would be something that would stick in ones mind given all that is going on. 

In reply to LeeWood:

> > Previously you were arguing against vaccination programmes full stop,

> Outright Lie - i expected better from you. Let those who want the vaccine have it.

> In general vaccination IS dangerous because it encourages people NOT to prevent. prevention (where possible) is always better.

So you aren’t arguing against vaccination, but your argument is that vaccination is dangerous, unjust, and unnecessary? Can you see why I got confused and thought you might possibly be arguing against vaccination?

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Nano-thermite is. 

Are these people chemistry experts now? I aint but looking at their claims are based on random quotes from papers with no actual supporting evidence for it being used as an explosive rather than an input into explosives.

It seems to jump from:

There was some hot material which we have heard looks like thermite

Then to oh we said it went boom and therefore we need something else ohh nanothermite.

However why then would it still meet the first criteria? An explosion would tend to spread things out.

Pefa 02 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> Are these people chemistry experts now?

Yes. 

> I aint but looking at their claims are based on random quotes from papers with no actual supporting evidence for it being used as an explosive rather than an input into explosives.

There are many examples of it being used as explosives in the links I showed. 

> It seems to jump from:

> There was some hot material which we have heard looks like thermite

It is inconclusively nanothermite. 

> Then to oh we said it went boom and therefore we need something else ohh nanothermite.

> However why then would it still meet the first criteria? An explosion would tend to spread things out.

You have lost me here. Explosions blast outward yes. 

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

> Look! Squirrel!

Carrying a false flag. 

In reply to Pefa:

House!

Pefa 02 Sep 2020

You get house for 2 numbers?

1/10

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Yes. 

citation required.

> There are many examples of it being used as explosives in the links I showed. 

No there isnt. There is a reference to potential usage but nothing clear. So try again.

> It is inconclusively nanothermite. 

Or more accurately its not, at all.

> You have lost me here. Explosions blast outward yes. 

really? Did you get that from one of your truther sites?

freeflyer 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> You have lost me here. Explosions blast outward yes. 

You are missing a few tricks here. Explosives are pretty cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaped_charge

With a few of those you could demolish almost anything, even a twin tower...

TobyA 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>  I say definitely not, by any stretch of the imagination and all the evidence which is overwhelming. 

I was asking. So do you think planes didn't crash into the towers? Or that planes did crash into them, but controlled demolition was what caused them to collapse?

> Or Iraq, or start a War against Terror? Best ask them not me.

So you're sort of saying "I don't know why they did it, I just know that they did it"?

mondite 02 Sep 2020
In reply to freeflyer:

> With a few of those you could demolish almost anything, even a twin tower...

It would be kinda obvious though unless, like the Swiss with their key bridges etc*,  the builders had a bit of fetish for designing and building stuff with blowing it up in mind. People might get suspicious being asked to step very carefully over those wires strewn all over the staircase.

*Not sure if the truthers have read this broadly yet if not apologies to all once they do.

dread-i 03 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

>Thermite found in all dust samples taken on 911 and 1011, NIST? No explanation. Melting steel filmed pouring from one twin tower, numerous reports of flowing molten steel after the controlled demolitions of all 3 buildings-

Thermite is just rust and aluminum. Wasn't the building made from iron, steel and aluminum? Metal will burn, given the right conditions, such as a lot of heat and pressure.

>Don't kid yourself he would not have continually went back in there unless he thought it was safe as per the tests done in 1964.

I don't think we can speak of the chaps motivations. But we can both agree, that going into a burning building to save others is certainly brave.

As for safety in 1964, engineers were also recommending asbestos for use in all sorts of places, such as schools, homes and artex paint, as it was 'safe'. Times change.

freeflyer 03 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

Yes yes that's definitely it we all know those Swiss are onto something with their secret bank accounts and their exploding tunnels.

I was thinking of the bridge blowing in Force 10 From Navarone - Edward Fox with his pipe, and above all Sidney Alford, who invented most of the modern shaped charge technology, uncredited by Wikipedia.

Dave Garnett 03 Sep 2020
In reply to Pefa:

> Melting steel filmed pouring from one twin tower, numerous reports of flowing molten steel after the controlled demolitions of all 3 buildings-

Molten metal, not steel.  I thought we'd established earlier that it wasn't hot enough to melt steel (but to soften it to about 10% of its normal rigidity).  The report addresses this directly and concludes it was molten aluminium, at least some to which came from the planes themselves.

Pefa 03 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

> citation required.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228660396_Active_Thermitic_Materia...

The authors of the peer-reviewed Active Thermitic Materials paper, which documents the discovery of these materials in the WTC dust, explain:

Available papers [by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and others] describe this material as an intimate mixture of UFG aluminum and iron oxide in nano-thermite composites to form pyrotechnics or explosives. The thermite reaction involves aluminum and a metal oxide, as in this typical reaction with iron oxide:

2Al + Fe2O3 ? Al2O3 + 2Fe (molten iron), ?H = -853.5 kJ/mole.

> No there isnt. There is a reference to potential usage but nothing clear. So try again.

What's this then? 

"However, we find that thermite has in fact been used to demolish steel structures in the past. Popular Mechanics itself documents that thermite was used in the demolition of structures such as the Skyride Tower in Chicago and the dome of the German Reichstag. "

> Or more accurately its not, at all.

Nano-thermite, as the name suggests, is thermite in which the particles are so small that they are measured in nanometers (one billionth of a meter). The authors of the peer-reviewed Active Thermitic Materials paper, which documents the discovery of these materials in the WTC dust, explain:

Available papers [by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and others] describe this material as an intimate mixture of UFG aluminum and iron oxide in nano-thermite composites to form pyrotechnics or explosives. The thermite reaction involves aluminum and a metal oxide, as in this typical reaction with iron oxide:

> really? Did you get that from one of your truther sites?

I don't own any sites. 

Pefa 03 Sep 2020

> Molten metal, not steel.  I thought we'd established earlier that it wasn't hot enough to melt steel (but to soften it to about 10% of its normal rigidity).  The report addresses this directly and concludes it was molten aluminium, at least some to which came from the planes themselves.

That has been proven not to have been aluminum. 

https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/high-temperature-thermitic-reactions

Pefa 03 Sep 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> >Thermite found in all dust samples taken on 911 and 1011, NIST? No explanation. Melting steel filmed pouring from one twin tower, numerous reports of flowing molten steel after the controlled demolitions of all 3 buildings-

> Thermite is just rust and aluminum. Wasn't the building made from iron, steel and aluminum? Metal will burn, given the right conditions, such as a lot of heat and pressure.

Molten Metal in the Debris

Not only was molten metal seen pouring out of WTC 2, dozens of eyewitnesses observed it in the debris of all three buildings. A small selection is presented below (a comprehensive list of all eyewitness accounts to molten metal can be found in the article “Witnesses of Molten Metal at Ground Zero”):

Leslie Robertson, a lead engineer in the design of WTC 1 and WTC 2, told an audience: “We were down at the B-1 level and one of the firefighters said, ‘I think you’d be interested in this.’ And they pulled up a big block of concrete, and there was like a little river of steel flowing.” 5

FDNY Captain Philip Ruvolo recalled with other firefighters seated next to him: “You’d get down below and you’d see molten steel, molten steel, running down the channel rails, like you’re in a foundry, like lava.” Other firefighters chimed in: “Like lava.” “Like lava from a volcano.” 6

Ken Holden, the Commissioner of the NYC Department of Design and Construction, testified before the 9/11 Commission: “Underground it was still so hot that molten metal dripped down the sides of the wall from Building 6.”

According to NIST, the highest temperature reached by the fires was 1,100°C. Yet structural steel does not begin to melt until about 1,482°C (2,700°F). How then did NIST explain the evidence of molten metal?

NIST’s first approach was to omit the evidence of molten metal from its final report. Then, in its August 2006 FAQs, it addressed that evidence with the following question and answer.

13. Why did the NIST investigation not consider reports of molten steel in the wreckage from the WTC towers?

NIST investigators...found no evidence that would support the melting of steel in a jet-fuel ignited fire in the towers prior to collapse. The condition of the steel in the wreckage of the WTC towers (i.e., whether it was in a molten state or not) was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing....

Under certain circumstances it is conceivable for some of the steel in the wreckage to have melted after the buildings collapsed. Any molten steel in the wreckage was more likely due to the high temperature resulting from long exposure to combustion within the pile than to short exposure to fires or explosions while the buildings were standing.

Each claim in NIST’s answer is demonstrably unscientific:

In the first sentence, NIST assumes that the only possible cause of “melting steel” would have been “the jet-fuel ignited fire in the towers,” which is an implausible hypothesis on its face.

NIST’s next claim — “The condition of the steel in the wreckage...was irrelevant to the investigation...since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing” — flies in the face of forensic investigation principles. Recall NFPA 921, which explicitly advises, “Indicators of exotic accelerants include...melted steel or concrete.” Furthermore, in science, evidence is not ignored on the basis that it is not conclusive by itself. NIST’s claim is yet more perplexing because molten metal was observed pouring out of WTC 2 — “when the WTC towers were standing” — as NIST documented extensively.

NIST’s next claim is simply false. It is impossible for a diffuse hydrocarbon fire to reach temperatures close to the 1,482°C (2,700°F) required to melt steel, particularly in an oxygen-starved debris pile.

Finally, with the expression “Any molten steel in the wreckage,” NIST neither confirmed nor denied the existence of molten metal. In an investigation that followed NFPA 921, NIST would have sought to establish whether molten metal was present and, if so, what its source was.

However, outright denial would be the approach used by NIST investigator John Gross. In a talk at the University of Texas in October 2006, he responded to a question about the presence of molten metal with the following answer:

“First of all, let’s go back to your basic premise that there was a pool of molten steel. I know of absolutely nobody, no eyewitness who has said so, nobody who’s produced it. I was on the site. I was on the steel yards. So I don’t know that that’s so. Steel melts at around 2,600°F. I think it’s probably pretty difficult to get that kind of temperatures in a fire.” 

Three scientific studies have documented evidence in the WTC dust that indicates extremely high temperatures during the destruction of WTC 1 and WTC 2 — and possibly WTC 7.

The RJ Lee Report

Released in May 2004, the RJ Lee report titled WTC Dust Signature identified “[s]pherical iron and spherical or vesicular silicate particles that result from exposure to high temperature” in the dust.

An earlier 2003 version of RJ Lee’s report observed:

“Various metals (most notably iron and lead) were melted during the WTC event, producing spherical metallic particles. Exposure of phases to high heat results in the formation of spherical particles due to surface tension.... Particles of materials that had been modified by exposure to high temperature, such as spherical particles of iron and silicates, are common in the WTC dust...but are not common in normal office dust.”

> >Don't kid yourself he would not have continually went back in there unless he thought it was safe as per the tests done in 1964.

> I don't think we can speak of the chaps motivations. But we can both agree, that going into a burning building to save others is certainly brave.

Would anyone go back in if they thought it was going to collapse? Of course not. 

> As for safety in 1964, engineers were also recommending asbestos for use in all sorts of places, such as schools, homes and artex paint, as it was 'safe'. Times change.

It's difficult to create a huge mesh design that will withstand 1 or two punctures in it. 

In reply to Pefa:

It’s both quite revealing that you think that constitutes proof. “It looked a bit different when I melted some at home” might prompt some further questions, but it is a very, very, very long way from proof. 

When I saw a swan, it was black. Does that prove that all swans are black?

Post edited at 08:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...