UKC

Aggers swearing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 14 May 2019
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

He does seem to have a unpleasant, or at least extremely brittle side that doesn’t match his on air image.

Andy Hardy 14 May 2019

Blimey, did someone nick his cake?

Wiley Coyote2 14 May 2019

For a guy who makes his living judging others he does seem to be a bit prickly when it comes the other way.

Very disappointed in him. It’s changed my perception.......he’s got some work to do now

Wiley Coyote2 15 May 2019

Just been reminded of the Danny Baker sacking and I wonder if BBC people are now hyper sensitive to any allegation of racism. If so it still seems a gross overreaction from Agnew but might be an explanation for his going off the deep end like that. Or, following the rule of always looking for the simplest explanation,maybe he was just pissed (in the English rather than the US sense).

Timmd 21 May 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

> He does seem to have an unpleasant, or at least extremely brittle side that doesn’t match his on air image.

Brittle seems reasonably applicable. With Jon Cox's OP in mind, in my teens it was a learning curve to realise that just because people grow older/bigger, they don't always behave like adults 'ought to', they carry on being unreasonable, or childish, or what have you.

A brother neatly put it as 'Just because people grow older, it doesn't mean they stop being bullies like they were at school'.

Post edited at 17:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...