UKC

All those moments will be lost...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 24 Jul 2019

in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Rutger Hauer has died. 

RIP. 

Post edited at 22:27
 Olaf Prot 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

He saw things...

HansStuttgart 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

four five - How to stay alive?

Timmd 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

What is quoted is quite inspiring towards making the most of moments which pass, since we'll all one day vanish like those moments.

Post edited at 20:22
In reply to Flinticus:

Tempting to claim that Heuers was 'just' the actor who read out the monologue, but actually, although written by scriptwriter David Peoples, the 'C Beam Speech' was significantly altered by Heuers the night before the scene was filmed. 

The original script ending was "All those moments.... They'll be gone". The "Tears in Rain" bit was his last minute addition. 

ThunderCat 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

A very early draft, as per wiki

I’ve known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I’ve been Offworld and back… frontiers! I’ve stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching stars fight on the shoulder of Orion… I’ve felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I’ve seen it, felt it

Tom Valentine 25 Jul 2019
In reply to ThunderCat:

Both as guilty, then, for seeing Orion as anything more than an optical illusion.

OP Flinticus 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

I knew he had made his own mark on it. Its one of my favourite movie quotes and excerpts so I've looked in that before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...