UKC

Allegra Stratton...what do think of her?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Allegra Stratton new jobs involves defending this Government.

Previously at the Guardian,Newsnight and ITN.

What motivates her and why would you nail your colours to Johnston's Government?

Post edited at 23:05
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough:

Ideology

Money

Power

Never registered with me before. Reading her Wiki entry is revealing for me

"Stratton is married to James Forsyth, political editor of The Spectator magazine.[21] The couple have two children and live in Canonbury, North London.[22][23] Future Chancellor Rishi Sunak was best man at their wedding in 2011,[1] and they and Sunak are godparents to each other's children.[24]

In November 2020, Stratton told The Sunday Telegraph that despite voting for the Labour Party, the Green Party and the Liberal Democrats in the past, she voted for Brexit and describes herself as "a Johnson Tory".[25]"

I'm going to guess it's a while since she voted Labour or Green.

Post edited at 23:37
 Dave Garnett 23 Jan 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

I completely take your point about the incestuous nature of the political/media/financial infrastructure but it’s hardly a conspiracy scandal that a conservative prime minister should have a spokesperson who is a conservative and a supporter of the prime minister, is it?

If I were hiring such a person (difficult to imagine, I know) I think I’d choose someone who I thought largely agreed with me.

In reply to Dave Garnett:

Lee Cain left the day after she was appointed.

However..he was linked to Dominic Cumming's departure.

I find it intriguing she was a Political Commentator who covered all the parties,knew the people on the inside and has decided to promote Johnston...who has also purged the Conservatives of opposite 'thinkers'.

Post edited at 09:59
 DerwentDiluted 23 Jan 2021

I think my dad used to drive an Allegra Stratton.

Myfyr Tomos 23 Jan 2021
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Wonder if she has a square steering wheel?

I was thinking how you would get this into a question,if you were a journalist at one of her briefings...🤣

Si dH 23 Jan 2021

I was interested in this when it was first announced, but since then I haven't actually seen her. Has the job changed from when it was first announced (at the time it seemed she would be the front for No.10, which she hasn't been at all) - or has she simply not properly started yet?

Andy Hardy 23 Jan 2021

> I was thinking how you would get this into a question,if you were a journalist at one of her briefings...🤣

Just call her Austin...

mondite 23 Jan 2021
In reply to Si dH:

>  or has she simply not properly started yet?

I think its mostly at the daily press conferences which arent normally televised and even then generally its a civil servant who does it unless there is a party political question at which point she has to take over.

In reply to Si dH:

They've spent some money on a media room,but haven't decided the format.

She's been giving briefings but is now self isolating for a week.

I think the likes of Peter Bone are unhappy at the prospect of policy, potentially being announced direct to the Country without the debate in the Commons.

Post edited at 10:49
 Rob Exile Ward 23 Jan 2021

I wonder if she was conceived in one? Probably broken down at the time.

Pedro50 23 Jan 2021

Embarrassingly she went to my old school.

A neutral comment in our recent alumni  magazine.

Post edited at 11:41

In reply to captain paranoia:

Thanks..

In reply to Dave Garnett:

> but it’s hardly a conspiracy scandal 

I wasn't suggesting a conspiracy; I was simply pointing out her obvious political connections and leanings. Which addresses the OP's question as to her motivation.

digby 23 Jan 2021

If she starts with "I'll never lie to you..." give up all hope.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...