UKC

Another Police time wasting thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PK 03 Jun 2005
Bear with me while I tell the story. A mate of mine is coming to the end of a messy divorce (after only a 3 year marriage). She decided to get shot of him when he contracted bowel cancer, had to stop running his business, so the money was n't pouring in any more.

She ended up being told by the court to move out of the house (bought and paid for by him), so he has been living there with his 2 daughters from a previous marriage (their mother died). I don't want to paint too unfair a portrait of this woman, but suffice it to say, she is a money grabbing, heartless b*tch.

Anyway, she announced that she was coming round on Sunday to collect "her things". When she arrived, she was accompanied by two large chaps AND TWO police constables. They waited for an hour and a half, drinking my mate's tea, while she scoured the house for things to take! They stated that they were on duty and that they had been asked to attend to prevent a possible breach of the peace. My mate is currently physically very frail.

During that time, a fight broke out in a pub locally where a friend works. He phoned the police and told them that the fight was over, but the culprits were still outside. The police did not attend until 2 hours later.

Now call me old fashioned, but I would have said that the police priorities were a bit cockeyed.

I should just add, that my pal's ex's father is big in the masons - don't know if that would have anything to do with it??
 Dave Stelmach 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK: If 2 coppers turned up at my house, I wouldn't let them in without a warrant. He should have stored her best stuff in with his colostomy cleaning kit!
 Dominion 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK:

I'd suggest that he contacts the local press and tv station and gives an account to them, and asks whether they might like to contact their Police station, speak to the bloke in charge and ask for his comments on this state of affairs, or possibly go over his head, and speak to his boss, and ask him to conduct an inquiry into the state of affairs.

But if he's ill, then he may not want to get stressed up with the possible consequences of pursuing this line of action.
sloper 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK: Of course there couldn't be another side to the story, could there?
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to sloper:
> (In reply to PK) Of course there couldn't be another side to the story, could there?

There never is, just accept it the police are all bad men.

sloper 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat: and lazy and bent to boot . . .
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to sloper:

Doughnut eating bribe acceptors to a man.
yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat:

>
> There never is, just accept it the police are all bad men.

slightly harsh. Please don't lump us all in together. Just like every profession there are lazy people and hard working people. quite often they get sent to things that they don't see the point of, wanting to go to other stuff that's coming over the radio, but are told not to and to stay where they are. Very frustrating.

Ridge 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat:
> (In reply to sloper)
>
> Doughnut eating bribe acceptors to a man.

Where do I join?

yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat:
>
>
> Doughnut eating bribe acceptors to a man.

Doughnuts make me hyperactive, i'm not allowed to eat them at work...

CJD 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:

you're a cool policeperson though, you bust people for unnecessary foglight-age. That, for me, makes you cool.
SimonW 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:
> (In reply to Mooncat)
>
> [...]
>
> slightly harsh. Please don't lump us all in together. Just like every profession there are lazy people and hard working people. quite often they get sent to things that they don't see the point of, wanting to go to other stuff that's coming over the radio, but are told not to and to stay where they are. Very frustrating.

I think he was being sarcastic................

OP PK 03 Jun 2005
In reply to sloper:
> (In reply to PK) Of course there couldn't be another side to the story, could there?

What other side would you like? Disregard the stuff about his wife if you want to. The fact remains that two constables spent a long period of time in a private house protecting a woman, who had brought two heavies with her, from a guy who is too weak to walk more than 100 yards let alone cause a breach of the peace.

You know as well as I do that if I or anyone else without "connections" phoned the police and said I was concerned that a breach of the peace might happen in a private residence I was about to visit, we would get short shrift.

yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to CJD:

thank you.... that's made me giggle. and i needed that cause i'm facing a potential 13 hour shift today, 3pm-4am. Oh joy.
 Rubbishy 03 Jun 2005
In reply to SimonW:

Ex PC Mooncat I beleive

yours

Ex PC Rubbishy
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:

Only kidding, I'm ex job myself.
yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK:

I can say hand on heart, that I couln't give two hoots what connections someone has. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the law.

Not knowing the story and only reading a few paragraphs, this woman sounds like a right pain in the a&*e. It reads as if the cops are there to protect your mate. They have turned up with this woman, but if I was contacted by her and she told me she was going round to the house to collect stuff, I'd be concerned that SHE was going to cause a breach of the peace. No doubt she's got a mouth on her.

As for the thing about the pub, the police have to prioritise stuff. It could be that there were other things happening elsewhere that took priority. If the people are outside the pub, not causing any further problems and the staff know who they are, then they can be got later. Sometimes its just not possible to do everything RIGHT NOW.

Normally there are 18 sides to every story and nobody knows it all. What I would say is that the police isn't this one massive organisation. Each police force is totally independant, and they are all run differently. If your local police is crap, please don't think we're all the same.
roblo 03 Jun 2005
In reply to sloper:

try the police complaints comission, see what they have to say about this...

Rob
SimonW 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:

Well said, it always makes me piss boil when people say, 'My car was broke into and the police never bothered to come round', well yes they could take a couple of officers off a murder or rape investigation to deal with your issue I suppose............

My sister polices some of the roughest council estates in Leeds and I was shocked when she told me how many officers they have available to deal with 999 calls considering the vast area they cover.
 anonymous1 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK:

yes i think that sums it all up really. money grabbing b*tches of ex. wives, masonic bent coppers. Yes that all sounds right. Gits
yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to SimonW:

hmmm..... if people really knew how many cops were on the streets.....
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to roblo:

They'd probably say they've got better things to do, now run along sonny.
 Rubbishy 03 Jun 2005
In reply to roblo:

They would probably ask for all the facts.
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to SimonW:

Indeed, I've known Liverpool city centre to be covered by 3 officers, keeps you on your toes believe me.
 Rubbishy 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:
> (In reply to SimonW)
>
> hmmm..... if people really knew how many cops were on the streets.....

How sad. Is that because they sold all the section houses?
OP PK 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:
> (In reply to PK)
>
> please don't think we're all the same.

Noted.

I am not lumping all policepersons together. I don't blame the officers who attended at all, but you have to question the motivation that put them there in the first place.

I am possibly unfortunate in having had poor experiences with my local force.

No doubt the female in question was delighted to be able to say to members of her coven that the police had to come with her to protect her. Apparently she was taking photos as she was packing stuff - ostensibly to preserve her memories of the house, but possibly - to my cynical mind - to show the other witches the police presence.
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to John Rushby:

It's hard to pull someone in your T5 and get them to take you seriously when you've just been asking them for 10p for a cup of tea.
 Rubbishy 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat:

Lol

They got rid of the T5 in my old force after one of my mates was killed when his left the road without warning. they get a wobble apparently due to having all the4 kit in the back and only the weight of one plod int he front.
sloper 03 Jun 2005
In reply to John Rushby: lift off oversteer
 Mooncat 03 Jun 2005
In reply to John Rushby:

Bad one, hence the name the widowmaker.

Apparently afetr I left one had a software problem in the underground car park at Merseyside HQ, as he was trickling out to the entrance, it went onto full throttle, he was hard on the brakes, but couldn't cut the engine.

The story is it ricocheted around the car park for about 3 minutes and wrote off about a dozen cars and vans before the engine blew.
 Rubbishy 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Mooncat:

pmsl. that I would have liked to see.

North Yorskhire has a Scooby - oh how I wish I had gone for traffic, anything was better the Fiesta 950 I pottered around in
 Ridge 03 Jun 2005
In reply to yikes:
> (In reply to SimonW)
>
> hmmm..... if people really knew how many cops were on the streets.....

No matter how poor the pay, surely there's a better way then prostituting oneself?
yikes 03 Jun 2005
In reply to Ridge:
> (In reply to yikes)
> [...]
>
> No matter how poor the pay, surely there's a better way then prostituting oneself?

sometimes needs must!! Eating bread and cheese till pay day. (car was unwell, cost a fortune)
tb 03 Jun 2005
In reply to PK:

It sounds to me like your mate was lucky the coppers were there. Given that the gobby cow was turning up with, as you say, "two heavies" has it occurred to you that the coppers might just have been there to protect him rather than her?

Just a thought?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...