UKC

Any plumbers here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 g1m147 16 Jan 2018

Having a new bathroom.

Can anyone give some advice on which is the best waste system to fit for bath and shower? 

I'm after quality. I don't want to be taking the floor up in a year or so, so I don't want to just get something cheap from a local diy superstore.

thanks, Gary.

Philip 16 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

Plastic weld the joints that aren't reachable - last thing you want is hot water from the bath working a joint loose in a place you can't get to. You're right to get a decent tap on the shower - ours clear water away brilliantly, forgotten the brand but no puddle and our water flow is fast.

Fruitbat 16 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

For the actual waste i.e that attaches to the bath/basin etc and into which the plug fits, and for the trap, you won't go wrong with Mcalpine, they'll almost certainly have something to cover your needs https://mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/shower-traps-accessories

What are you fitting? Shower-over-bath or separate? Basin as well? 

krikoman 16 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

I'd go for stainless steel fittings to, chrome is fine but I prefer stainless as it never corrodes.

OP g1m147 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Fruitbat:

Thanks for that.

It's a seperate shower, bath and basin.

Have you used Mcalpine products? The link you attached is what im after.

Cheers,  Gary. 

Fruitbat 17 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

Yes, I've used them lots, they have a good range and are noticeably better than B&Q / no-name fittings. They don't cost that much more, either.

I've pm'd you. 

gethin_allen 17 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

I'd also recommend Mcalpine stuff, after spending ages trying to stop cheap parts from screwfix leaking I coughed up for the McAlpine traps that were almost 3 times the price but totally worth it as they went on first time and didn't leak.

OP g1m147 17 Jan 2018
In reply to g1m147:

Thanks for the advice everone. Much appreciated. 

Deadeye 17 Jan 2018
In reply to krikoman:

> I'd go for stainless steel fittings to, chrome is fine but I prefer stainless as it never corrodes.

Except in Kalymnos

In reply to g1m147:

A bucket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...