UKC

bargain gear at prices too good to be true

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Blackwell 07 Jan 2018
Has anyone bought gear off this site ,http://www.javan-restaurant.co.uk
I was googling for a Patagonia item and they are offering gear at very good prices but its just sounds too good to be true , the website does not look like a normal site and I cannot find out anything about them other than the same name is a Persian restaurant !
 mrphilipoldham 07 Jan 2018
In reply to Ian Blackwell:

Have a look at the Contact Us page.. no address, no phone number, no direct email. I'd smell a rat!
 john arran 07 Jan 2018

> it just sounds too good to be true

Might be a clue there.

DamonRoberts 07 Jan 2018

The website is called javan-restaurant and sells outdoor gear. Most of the text on the site also doesn't make sense.

'We promise will offer expedited shipping for our hollister products through EMS or DHL. After payment is processed, you will have your products within 7-12 business days (not counting weekends or Holidays). Most orders are processed and received by customers within 1 week. Customers are told for tracking their shipments. If you not get your package after 15 business days, ' etc.
 elsewhere 07 Jan 2018
The numbers online are strange, members fluctuate more than guests rather than both fluctuating by sqrt (n) ish.

Caveat emptor. I wouldn't...

T.
OP Ian Blackwell 07 Jan 2018
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

I just wanted confirmation that it looks too good to be true and I am glad I have not purchased .
I will send the link over to Patagonia HQ for them to investigate as I am sure they would not like prospective purchasers of their products to be duped !
 alx 07 Jan 2018

No https, so the sites not encrypted.

www.scamadviser.com states the website is based in Turkey and scams it’s name off a Persian/Iranian restaurant chain.

I would probably give it a miss, at worst you may lose your money. At best you may end up with some nice Patagunia, Arkterax, Rib or even BorgHaus clothing.
 Dave 07 Jan 2018

There seem to be 100's of these sorts of websites popping up now with gear being sold from some website that appears totally unrelated to outdoor activities. I got excited a while back about finding something I was looking for at a bargain price and eventually realised it wasn't for real. I'm not quite sure where these things originate from and how they proliferate?
 alx 07 Jan 2018
In reply to Dave:

Like scam emails, it just prays on vulnerable people and until it doesn’t pay off it will keep on going.
 AndySL 08 Jan 2018

No padlock in the address bar = no encryption. I wouldn't.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...