UKC

bespoke garden shed cost??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 13 Sep 2018

Anyone any idea how much a decent quality, bespoke shed that would be 16 ft by 6 or 7 foot might cost? Been looking at sites but hard to find one giving cost etc!

craig h 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

I had one made a few years ago and it wasn't much different than a standard size tbh. I used a small company which makes them, just gave them the dimensions. 

All they had to do if change the frame size, so not too much additional work involved. Off the top of my head it was around £700 for a 6' 6" x 10'.

Post edited at 18:03
 robert-hutton 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

I had a bespoke summer room made by 

https://www.beyondtimber.co.uk

They have different sizes and cost on the website.

They are very well made with quality timber and finished.

balmybaldwin 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

I got one from Winchester Garden Buildings (I think) 4mx2.5m was about £1500 including windows, work bench and double security doors and hard standing to sit it on. In all I think I spent £2500 adding electrics, insulating shelving and boarding (which I did myself except the electrics - extra fuse box in the house and buried armoured cable to the shed).

I'm sitting in it now its great.

Have a look at https://www.gardenwave.co.uk/ if you want something a bit different (and a bit more ££) my Cousin makes them (he didn't do it when I got my shed)

Post edited at 19:21
OP abr1966 13 Sep 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

That looks pretty cool! Sadly I need it to fit the end of a garden longitudinally.....selling my house and moving in to my lass's house....hence a big shed for bikes/climbing kit/ chair/beer fridge!

balmybaldwin 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

Consider heating options for winter use... and try to put it in a shadier spot if you can so it's bearable in summer if you intend to spend much time in it

Philip 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

I paid about £1k for 12x10 to my design (similar footprint to yours), extra thick timber, loglap, all windows down one side. Based on summer house design. I'd expect 16x6/7 to be cheaper unless you span the 16' - mine is 12' span and 10' along the apex, so needed extra strong supports.

mattrm 13 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

Depends what you mean by quality really.  I got a 12x8 shed for about 1k a few years ago.  Based on my experiences with that I'd want to spend a lot more on a decent one now.  If you just want a 'shed' then £1500 should get you a nice one.  If you want it more on the lines of a workshop, then I'd say you should be looking at £3k upwards (including a decent base) for something with a decent base, proper insulation and a roof that isn't felt.

Toccata 14 Sep 2018
In reply to abr1966:

I had space for a 5x3m shed so started with eBay and bought patio doors an 4 windows (all double glazed in wooden frames) for £50. Designed things around this. eBay also got 75mm Celotex for every surface (inc floor) for £32. Wood burner and flue (£50), reclaimed bricks for foundation (£20), engineered wood floor (£20), Ikea Poang chairs x2 with footstools (£80) and Onduline roofing (£15) were all eBay specials collected over a few months. Even picked up the 50m of SWA cable needed from Gumtree for a tenner. Did electrics and plumbing myself, plastered walls, vaulted ceiling and the effect is a bit more garden room than the shed it should have been. Whole cost was less than a grand and took two weeks of evenings after work. I spend a lot of time in it and increasingly two teenage daughters seem to migrate there too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...