UKC

Best current TV ad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 07 Jan 2018
I nominate

Money supermarket featuring Skeletor and He-Man reappraisal of Dirty Dancing
 Dax H 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

I wouldn't know, I have not watched a TV add for years.
Everything I watch is pretty recorded so I can zap through the adds, even if I am flicking about and something catches my eye, I will hit record and go make a brew to build up an advert buffer.
 Mr Trebus 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

There is one for raisin shredded wheat, does that count?
 ianstevens 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Dax H:

> I wouldn't know, I have not watched a TV add for years.

> Everything I watch is pretty recorded so I can zap through the adds, even if I am flicking about and something catches my eye, I will hit record and go make a brew to build up an advert buffer.

I don't even own a TV
 coolhand 08 Jan 2018
We all know godwin's law, but what the name of the law that states that whenever a tv related post appears on UKC, within five minutes someone will have to say that they don't even own a tv? If you don't own a tv, why would you read a tv related post? Is it a kind of 'look at me, I'm a rebel, I don't follow your societal norms, I'm so daring!' kind of thing?

ianstevens 08 Jan 2018
In reply to coolhand:

I do own one, just seems like a cool thing to say on these threads.
 krikoman 08 Jan 2018
In reply to coolhand:

> We all know godwin's law,

Logie's Law
OP Flinticus 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Mr Trebus:

How does that go?
 Blue Straggler 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

i think it's the one that goes "whooooosh!"
In reply to ianstevens:

> I don't even own a TV

I own one but I don't have it streaming uncontrolled garbage into my brain (*)

Do I win?

* true - it's only for watching DVDs and VHS at the moment - nothing else being piped into it. Some of my films may be garbage but at least not UNCONTROLLED garbage
Lusk 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> I own one but I don't have it streaming uncontrolled garbage into my brain (*)

I wonder if I should start a new thread: "Do you own a TV? Press 'Like' for Yes ... "

> Some of my films may be garbage but at least not UNCONTROLLED garbage

Have you lost the TV remote control...?
In reply to Lusk:

I like your work
 The Lemming 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

Here's a cracking advert. However my sister and her daughter may disagree. My sister lovs teaching but with the way things are, she will never teach in this country again. And my niece trained to be a teacher, graduated and eventual became a teacher for all of two years. Two years were enough and she resigned.

youtube.com/watch?v=TpYTlyrcEOM&

This advert sounds so inspiring. Seems like advertising really can polish a proverbial.
OP Flinticus 09 Jan 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

None of them look like they have started in the job!
 ianstevens 09 Jan 2018

> I own one but I don't have it streaming uncontrolled garbage into my brain (*)

> Do I win?

> * true - it's only for watching DVDs and VHS at the moment - nothing else being piped into it. Some of my films may be garbage but at least not UNCONTROLLED garbage

I am in fact the exact same. Used in moderation TV (and film) can provide excellent information and enjoyment. Films count as culture, so should well made TV IMO. Problem is most programs are shite, and it seems the default of the populace to get home from work and vegetate to any old crap.
 RX-78 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

This nomination is a piss-take surely? Must be one of the worse adds in recent years.
mick taylor 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

Smirnoff ad.

Adverts are more interesting than TV, and Sky+ enables me to whizz thro the TV rubbish to watch the ads.
 Tom Valentine 09 Jan 2018

There is a way to control garbage. On TV I do it all the time.
Like yesterday, I watched a couple of minutes of "The Orville " and moved on . Not for me, but not garbage if you like that type of thing.

If you only watch DVD and VHS at the moment it might mean that you will miss "The Leftovers". By all means trash it as much as you want, but please watch it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...