UKC

Bi-fold doors & sliding door reviews

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jus 25 Sep 2019

I need to choose a supplier & brand of bifold doors and sliding doors pretty soon and I'm finding choosing pretty impossible. For every 5 good reviews there seems to be a terrible review and it seems like a complete mindfield - Express bi-folds in Leeds being a case in point.

Has anyone got experience - good or bad - of the above? 

thanks in advance!

jkarran 25 Sep 2019
In reply to Jus:

We got sliding doors from http://www.slideandfold.co.uk/index.html ours came in kit form but IIRC they will arrange a local fitter if you're not into DIY. Product, documentation and paperwork was excellent. My only gripe is I went for grey on a south facing wall, they're sufficiently well insulated that in full sun they get hot outside, stay cool inside and warp a bit making the latch a bit sticky, I need to file a bigger chamfer on it to sort that.

It felt like a bit of a gamble buying a big item online without knowing anyone else who'd used them but they turned up on the appointed day as described and I've since found a friend has used them too with the same experience. All in all I'm very happy, nice product, right price.

IIRC Express were very expensive.

jk

Post edited at 09:27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...