UKC

Biceps tenodesis - any UKC experiences ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 indigo 12 Jun 2017
It looks like I may have to have a biceps tenodesis to correct a shoulder problem. Has anyone had the op. and would like to share their experiences. How did you recover ? How was climbing with your new shoulder ? Long term - how has it performed. Thanks Mike
OP indigo 14 Jun 2017
In reply to indigo:

Bump
 WaterMonkey 14 Jun 2017
In reply to indigo:

If I understand correctly that entails cutting the long head tendon and re-attaching further down your shoulder?
Not had the op but following a bad MTB crash my long head ruptured.
No detriment to climbing or any other sport just a slight deformity in my bicep.

Shoulder pain got much better almost instantly once the tendon ruptured so I expect it will help your shoulder loads.
 Mike Highbury 14 Jun 2017
In reply to indigo: I'm old, obviously, but the recovery was quite quick, really. Bit of day surgery towards the end of December and, come February, I was paying for an annual membership at the wall. By way of contrast, for the SLAP repair that preceded it by a few years my arm was up in a sling for six weeks.

I've never been as strong as I was before these two operations but that may be age rather than a failure to recover from the surgery. Long term, overall? Dunno, operations are rarely the best thing to happen to a person during their life.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...