UKC

Bone conducting headphones for glasses wearers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Green Porridge 22 Mar 2022

I'm interested in getting some bone conducting headphones for sports/outdoor use. Essentially, I'd like them to let me listen to podcasts whilst walking, running and occasionally cycling, without losing all contact with the outside world. However, I almost always have some kind of sports glasses on when I'm outside (either sun glasses or just for protection when cycling) and I'm unsure whether or not these will interfere with each other.

Does anyone have any experience with bone-conducting headphones and glasses, or bone conducting headphones in general? Are there any brands or models which work particularly well, or is it a just a case of the specific headphone + head + glasses combination?

wert 22 Mar 2022
In reply to Green Porridge:

I frequently wear mine while running with sunglasses. Not an issue, doesn’t make any difference to sound or comfort. 

JamesO!? 22 Mar 2022

I've got a pair of aftershokz aeropex that I wear all the time with both glasses and various sizes and shapes of sunglasses. I think they're brilliant. Sound is better than most in ear headphones I've used (though I've never used particularly good in-ear ones) and they are so much more comfortable when sweating and moving.

This is sounding positive - thanks. 

In reply to wert:

Do you know what make/model you have? 

tony 22 Mar 2022
In reply to JamesO!?:

Presumably the aftershokz don't suffer from the wind noise you get with some in-ear headphones? I really struggle with earbuds, so something more secure would be very welcome.

JamesO!? 22 Mar 2022
In reply to tony:

I've not noticed wind noise with them. They don't really block out anything else that is going on so you will very much get traffic noise etc...

I find the fit on me is very good and I'm yet to manage to make them fall off.

mountainbagger 22 Mar 2022

I have Aftershokz Trekz Titanium. They fit fine alongside my glasses or sunglasses. Good enough sound quality and never had an issue with them moving around, even on steep off-road descents.

I find the fact I can hear everything else around me to be very useful.

Also, no issues with wind or sweat (unlike in-ear ones).

tony 22 Mar 2022
In reply to JamesO!?:

Thanks. It's the not falling off bit I have problems with when I try earbuds, so this may be the answer!

wert 22 Mar 2022

Aftershokz sportz titanium. Best £50 I spent for running headphones. Can’t fault them really. I can move my head freely without them moving (or falling out). Can still hear traffic so feel safer/more aware, but somehow the external noise doesn’t detract from music (even quiet passages when it’s classical amongst the eighties pop on shuffle!😂).

freeflyer 22 Mar 2022
In reply to tony:

> Thanks. It's the not falling off bit I have problems with when I try earbuds

This may not be the answer but works for me and is cheep cheep:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-AS210-Sports-Splashproof-Headphones/dp/B0...

In reply to all:

Just to say thanks to everyone who contributed. A pair of aftershokz aeropex arrived for me yesterday, and I really like them. Comfortable and effective even with glasses. I've worn them a lot outside and walking already and look forward to trying them on the bike/ running. Sound quality is fine for podcasts or casual music listening - there is a significant difference between them (particularly for deeper tones) and my cambridge audio melomania ear buds if I really to listen quietly and close my eyes, but that's to be expected! It's more than made up for in my opinion by being aware of my surroundings (be that an approaching car/jogger or just birdsong in the woods) for the 90% of my listening that's podcasts. Thanks! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...