UKC

Brexit has one winner and it won't be you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 15 May 2017
The UK population has been well and truly conned on this.

Farage, the liar will walk away with a pension and redundancy payment from the EU worth £750,000. The real winner? Not the country. One maverick.
 pec 15 May 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Wouldn't he have got that pension regardless of the referendum result?
Anyway, if that's the pensions on offer which obviously we as taxpayers pay for, then it goes some way to indicate what a monumental gravy train the whole EU has become.
 Big Ger 16 May 2017

> .Farage, the liar will walk away with a pension and redundancy payment from the EU worth £750,000. The real winner? Not the country. One maverick.

Seriously mate, that tinfoil beanie of yours isn't doing the trick, have you thought of getting your bedroom lined with lead foil?

"Since it was created by a group of MEPs led by Britons in 1993 the European Parliament's "Additional Voluntary Pension Scheme" has always been shrouded in secrecy. Thirty eight of Britain's serving 73 MEPs are members of the second pension scheme and will benefit from it when they reach retirement. Members of the scheme include the European parliamentary leaders of the Conservatives, Labour and Ukip as well as senior Liberal Democrats.

Almost all British MEPs switched to the more generous EU funded pension in 2009. A MEP who was elected in 1999 and leaving in 2014 aged 63 or over could take home a combined annual pension with an estimated value of £57,860 a year, with £13,760 coming from their first EU pension, £16,600 from the Commons, as well as £27,500 from their second pension.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10777196/MEPs-second-pe...
 Stichtplate 16 May 2017

That £750,000 figure was quoted in the Times last week as the average estimated pension pot required to fund every EU official from Junker down to the guy who waters the tulips.
What's more , this is entirely unfunded and is paid through future contributions, so will be a bone of contention re the divorce bill. EU want 15% contribution as UK make up 15% of the unions population (which I think is fair) but leavers don't like this as UK citizens only make up 3% of EU officials.
 summo 16 May 2017

> The UK population has been well and truly conned on this.Farage, the liar will walk away with a pension and redundancy payment from the EU worth £750,000. The real winner? Not the country. One maverick.

What you need to consider are the pensions paid to all MEPs in the EU, even if they only serve one term. Or their wages, or their expenses.

Why do think the Kinnock family never looked back after joining club EU?
 summo 16 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

> EU want 15% contribution as UK make up 15% of the unions population (which I think is fair) but leavers don't like this as UK citizens only make up 3% of EU officials.

Not entirely fair, as larger countries have proportionally less MEPs than smaller nations. A factor design in so decision making isn't supposedly dominated by a few big nations.
 Stichtplate 16 May 2017
In reply to summo:

> Not entirely fair, as larger countries have proportionally less MEPs than smaller nations. A factor design in so decision making isn't supposedly dominated by a few big nations.

Get your point , but it's not just MEP's pensions. That average is for all EU employees.
In reply to Stichtplate:

In that case I wish I were 'average.' Is your pension pot £750K?
cragtaff 16 May 2017

So, you have this amazing crystal ball do you? You know exactly how all the Brexit negotiations are going to play out do you? Even before the process has started! Fantastic!

You don't happen to know which numbers are coming up in the lottery this week by any chance?
 Stichtplate 16 May 2017

> In that case I wish I were 'average.' Is your pension pot £750K?

Read my post. Average for an EU official. And no, after saving in a private pension fund for nearly 20 years my final payout will be derisory.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...