UKC

Cadbury's Crunchies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 21 Feb 2019

Are they decent?

(I happen to think they're awesome.)

Discuss: 

mostlyrambling 21 Feb 2019
In reply to bouldery bits:

I don't like honeycomb generally but I do in a Crunchie - which is odd because I don't like Cadbury's chocolate generally either. 

Lord_ash2000 21 Feb 2019

Nothing wrong with a crunchy, not had one for a while though if I'm honest. I'm a fan of a picnic bar, not many seem to buy them these days.

MonkeyPuzzle 21 Feb 2019

If they could increase the chocolate to honeycomb ratio they'd be a lot better. The honeycomb Yorkies got it right, but unfortunately Yorkie may as well be dog chocolate.

plyometrics 21 Feb 2019

Crunchies are pretty fine and agree with MonkeyPuzzle re the chocolate ratio. 

That said, you can give me a Starbar any day of the week. 

tagscuderia 21 Feb 2019

A Crunchie makes it into my bag for every walk, as does a Lion Bar. Albeit the latter don't fare well in winter (teeth shatteringly hard).

Sometime last year, Cadbury's shortened the Crunchie but for once, that was a bonus as they now fit in the hip pockets of my pack

OP bouldery bits 21 Feb 2019
In reply to tagscuderia:

> Sometime last year, Cadbury's shortened the Crunchie but for once, that was a bonus as they now fit in the hip pockets of my pack

That is brilliant info. 

In reply to tagscuderia:

I do like a lion bar. I am also a fan of snickers ,boosts and toblerones.

A bit of a chocoholic, but am easily pleased. I don't need anything artisan. I don't go for Green and blacks (although they are nice) and hate most hotel chocolate flavours. Probably sacrilege to admit, but a cadburys cream egg hits the spot for me, I know they are way too sweet for most people

The honeycomb centre brought to mind images of bees collecting pollen before being lovingly dipped in milk chocolate - then I saw this  

youtube.com/watch?v=ghln3oLrMKI&

krikoman 21 Feb 2019

Dip it in your tea, and lick the chocolates off, then when you're down to the honeycomb, such the tea out of it

I'm going for a lay down.

Phil Anderson 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

> Nothing wrong with a crunchy, not had one for a while though if I'm honest. I'm a fan of a picnic bar, not many seem to buy them these days.

+1 for picnics. They've even got nuts and raisins in, so you can convince yourself that they're health food.

wilkie14c 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

Me too, beats a mars bar any day!

subtle 21 Feb 2019

> Are they decent?

> (I happen to think they're awesome.)

Hhahaha, nice one.

Still haven't tried one, not really a "sweet" eating person, but I will go out of my way to try one and will let you know my thoughts.

Please desist on posting things and then asking people to discuss though, it is a tad gauche.

In reply to subtle:

In future I will request that people refrain from discussing anything I post  

Dax H 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> I do like a lion bar. I am also a fan of snickers ,boosts and toblerones.

> Probably sacrilege to admit, but a cadburys cream egg hits the spot for me, I know they are way too sweet for most people

Cadburys cream eggs used to be the mutts but since Nestle bought them and changed the chocolate to some crap I find them pretty grim. 

marsbar 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Dax H:

The new chocolate is dire.  Most upsetting.  

I think it's Kraft to blame not Nestlé  (thought I'd mention it as I try to avoid Nestlé although I now also avoid most of Cadbury due to the horrible chocolate.  Crunchie seems OK probably because there isn't much chocolate on it. )  

Post edited at 18:58
 angry pirate 21 Feb 2019

I was a massive fan and used them extensively as hill snacks.

Then a couple of years ago I wrote them a tongue in cheek letter regarding our leaders adopting them as  our expedition snack for d of e expeds and heard nothing in return so I'm now officially boycotting them.

Luckily I haven't extended this boycott to all Cadbury products or I'd be bereft!

PaulTclimbing 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Seems quite normal to me and imagine how good it would be if you could bake it and keep placed inside a large number of Turkish Delights all cold and without melting. Youd crunch through chocolate and crispy honeycomb before getting the hit petal rose flavoured delight to finish. Aww Yummy.

toad 21 Feb 2019
In reply to Dax H:

> Cadburys cream eggs used to be the mutts but since Nestle bought them and changed the chocolate to some crap I find them pretty grim. 

Mondalez? But agreed, even by Creme egg standards, they’re just sickly now

Post edited at 20:08
In reply to angry pirate:

> I was a massive fan and used them extensively as hill snacks.

> Then a couple of years ago I wrote them a tongue in cheek letter regarding our leaders adopting them as  our expedition snack for d of e expeds and heard nothing in return so I'm now officially boycotting them.

That's sad. I thought the good folk at Cadbury would be well up for such a suggestion. 

I used to enjoy sucking the centre from the honeycomb.

I have discovered Poundland's own brand 'Twin Peaks' toblerone-alike are quite good, as cheap chocolate goes. I bought the first one, intrigued by the byline 'Inspired by the Wrekin and Recall Hills'...

angry pirate 21 Feb 2019

Yeah, I thought so. It was very much not a begging letter either: I made it clear that we'd selected them as the expedition bar for that year and in no way would any freebies affect our decision to eat copious quantities on the hill. I got the automated thank you for the email, we will respond in ... days then nothing.

I'm finding it hard to cling to now though, I'm developing an expensive Cliff bar habit :/

Ardo 21 Feb 2019

Don't mind a Crunchie, but would go for other bars suggested in the thread beforehand. Current cheeky treat is the limited edition mint Daim, (always be a Dime bar to me).

Bobling 21 Feb 2019

Violet Crumble - like a Crunchie on steroids, but only available in the Oz/NZ.

PaulTclimbing 21 Feb 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

'Inspired by the Wrekin and Recall Hills'

Hahahhhhahha..beautiful.....

Post edited at 23:29
 Trangia 22 Feb 2019

> Are they decent?

> (I happen to think they're awesome.)

> Discuss: 

Agreed. What is there to discuss?

Greenbanks 22 Feb 2019

I agree - awesome & one of the major losses in my weight-reduction programme.

Incidentally, there is an Australian equivalent, which I tried a few times whilst working there. Different honeycomb texture entirely: maybe the well-known Oz contributor of this parish might have an observation or two?

nufkin 22 Feb 2019

From their ad in the latest Scottish Mountaineer it looks like Tunnock's are making an official bid for the Adventure market now

marsbar 22 Feb 2019
In reply to nufkin:

I adore tunnocks wafer bars. 

In reply to PaulTclimbing:

Bloody autocorrect...

Ercall Hills.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...