UKC

Car Insurance Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 06 Dec 2017

Well, having done the decent thing and told my insurers about my minor bump a couple of weeks ago I got an email saying they were bumping up next years insurance(due today) by £153.
So much for being honest and doing the right thing.
Post edited at 19:26
J1234 06 Dec 2017
 earlsdonwhu 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I just had a renewal notice for three cars. One ten minute phone call and without changing any existing things like excesses or mileages, they found me £308 of discounts. Obviously, pays not to accept first offers!
 MG 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Did they say why? Most premiums are going up so it could be entirely unrelated. As above, shop around
J1234 06 Dec 2017
In reply to MG:

Top tip, get other people on your policy, 3 seems to be the optimum number.
OP mypyrex 06 Dec 2017
In reply to MG:

Because I notified them of a "no fault no claim" incident.
 MG 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Seems odd but go elsewhere,
 CasWebb 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Just been through the same thing and my premium went up as well. However, I did get my insurer to reduce the increase by checking the comparison sites, admitting to the accident, and finding that my own insurer quoted me less if I was a new customer. Even worse though....Some swine just did a hit and run on me......but we've got their details and will be claiming against them plus reporting to the police.
 climbwhenready 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

My premium went up by £100 despite nothing happening in the last year. So I went elsewhere.

Bear in mind all premiums seem to be going up at the moment - they are essentially linked to the financial market.
OP mypyrex 07 Dec 2017
In reply to climbwhenready:

Yes, I know premiums go up but Amiral told me mid November what my renewal would cost. I haggled and got a reduction. Then, on 27 Nov I informed them of the no fault no claim incident and they have stung me for another £150

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...