UKC

caving forum

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Peakpdr 25 Feb 2013
I think there should be a Caving forum on ukc, there is enough people who cave when the weathers to poor to go climbing. Also a caving section in the photos would be ace too..

Paul
 Oceanrower 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr: Seconded.
 Fredt 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

I agree. When the grit season ends in autumn, I resort to caving through the cold winter until the days warm up again in spring sufficiently to get back out on the grit.
Clauso 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Great idea! I actually live in a cave. Well, a basement apartment anyhow...

Feels as though I live in a cave, especially when I turn all the lights out and listen to the sound of my taps dripping while I try to squeeze myself out through the cat flap.
 Pyreneenemec 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Well done that man !

The absence of a "caving" forum never sprang to mind. I've done quite a bit and ventured into "canyonning", too. These sports all over-lap.
 toad 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr: But that means we'd have to let cavers in. Can you imagine the mess?

and the SMELL!

<shudders>
 Oceanrower 25 Feb 2013
In reply to toad: Some of us are already here.........

Mwahahahahaha...
OP Peakpdr 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:
> (In reply to toad) Some of us are already here.........
>
> Mwahahahahaha...

Seconded

argyle_dude 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

I went caving last week, wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting but I won't be hanging up the trad rack anytime soon.
 winhill 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

After the cyclists got a little patch of internet for themselves, I don't think UKC can reasonably refuse other requests.

Scouts/Girl Guides will be next.
 toad 25 Feb 2013
In reply to winhill: Yes, but the cyclists at least shave their legs- cavers don't even clear out last years nests from their lugholes
OP Peakpdr 25 Feb 2013
In reply to toad:

That reminds me.. Need a bath
 Dave Williams 25 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

According to my wife (a long-suffering caving widow) "cavers are all up their own ars*s!".

If this be true, then there's certainly a place for them on UKC.

Dave
OP Peakpdr 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Dave Williams:

I find that cavers are so much more sociable than other people ie climbers, bikers
OP Peakpdr 26 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Right then UKC can we please have a Caving forum & caving photo forum ? ...
In reply to pauldr:

We are just about to launch our 2013 User Survey. There is a question on there about activities which includes Caving so we will look at the response to that to see what the demand is an act accordingly.

The Survey will run until the end of April and we hope to have results in May.

Alan
OP Peakpdr 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Good stuff...
OP Peakpdr 27 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Right then fellow Cavers lets get this survey filled in and get a Caving forum and Caving photo section on UKC....
 Oceanrower 27 Feb 2013
In reply to pauldr: done
OP Peakpdr 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:

Please help Mole and his friends get a Caving & photo forum, You dont have to send any money, just tick the caving box on the survey if you have ever caved or fancy trying it. There is so much rock under the earth aswell as above it .. Thankyou A MOLE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...