UKC

Check out Boris Johnson being utterly weird

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ericinbristol 25 Jun 2019

I really thought this was a spoof or an old Fast Show cameo or a deepfake video

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1143504788572844032

Sounds like a lie. Why would he make up such a bizarre lie? Theresa May's running through wheat fields doesn't even come close to this....

Edit: my daughter has just commented 'Do any of those buses lie about the NHS too, Boris?'

Post edited at 17:15
Dom Bush 25 Jun 2019
In reply to ericinbristol:

what a fu*king weirdo.

jesus, we’re doomed.

Bob Kemp 25 Jun 2019

Yeah... I was wondering what his drug of choice was.

Absolutely amazed that this hasn't been mentioned before on UKC. It's been retweeted today c half a billion times. What is so scary is that it's a totally for-real, uncut TV interview in broad daylight - presumably in the morning - when you wouldn't expect him to be drunk. Yet he's acting like a drunken imbecile, or a child with a mental age of about 10. 

OP ericinbristol 25 Jun 2019
In reply to Dom Bush:

Indeed. Check this out for a great 2 minute critique of the lying weirdo 

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1141223229543112704

MG 25 Jun 2019

Owen Jones is possibly worse. 

I'd actually have some respect for Johnson  if believed he did make model buses. But he doesn't. He was lying 

Timmd 25 Jun 2019
In reply to MG:

At least Owen Jones has some integrity or moral compass, even if he does talk about it a lot - or may come across as preachy potentially?

Post edited at 23:17
In reply to MG:

I'm not an OJ fan in general - but that was accurate - and is OG worse? I wouldn;t say so. And anyway Johnson is the one I am terrified of - he is about to become PM!

Post edited at 23:11
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I know.

Watching the video, it's not just the words, it's also the thinking gaps. Still, real giveaway stuff like

'I like to paint ... oh I make things' - okay, which

'I make models of buses ... no I don't make models of buses' - eh?

'I get old, oh I don't know, wooden crates' - What do you mean you don't know?

'Suppose it's a box that [garbled] contain two wine bottles' - What do you mean 'suppose'?

It's just incredible, isn't it? But we're forced to believe there are no tricks here. Yet it's so like a spoof. As I've said today, many times, I used to think Boris was probably a very intelligent person acting like a buffoon, but I now fear that the exact reverse has to be true. That he's a very dangerous (as our next potential PM) dimwit. Possibly even mentally retarded. I must admit this possibility - that I'd never thought of before today - has come as quite a shock.

Good point about the reversal of perception. He is completely incapable of leading us all through the challenges of what happens with Brexit, climate crisis, biodiversity crisis and all the rest.

Phil Lyon 25 Jun 2019

he really should have just said he liked birdwatching. No-one would've mentioned that since.

Dave Garnett 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Phil Lyon:

> he really should have just said he liked birdwatching. No-one would've mentioned that since.

But that wouldn’t have been clever enough.

Post edited at 07:21
 john arran 26 Jun 2019

Reportedly BJ's own words from 2013:

"Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case.Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as 'throwing a dead cat on the table, mate'. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout 'Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!'; in other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief."

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2013/11/24/the-dead-cat-strategy-how-the-t...

Rob Parsons 26 Jun 2019
In reply to john arran:

I was going to say much the same thing. It's a classic Lynton Crosby distraction, and precisely the reason why Johnson didn't for example give his hobby as 'birdwatching', for example. It keeps people talking about him, but in a jokey way, and on none of the topics which actually matter.

Dave Garnett 26 Jun 2019
In reply to john arran:

> The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout 'Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!

Yes, but I don't suppose Lynton Crosby was suggesting that the dead cat should be that Johnson confirms suspicions that he really is deranged and unfit for office.

john arran 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Better for him they're talking about a dead cat than about a dead GATT

So that's what he's doing while he's hiding from questions .

Making buses out of scrap cardboard.

Who wants this tw*t as PM seriously ....?

Best and brightest , society makes me cringe with it's f*cking stupidity.

Someone please tell me how we got this far . 

malk 26 Jun 2019
In reply to MG:

> I'd actually have some respect for Johnson  if believed he did make model buses. But he doesn't. He was lying 

i say true:

In 2011 he told the Metro newspaper: 'I like to relax by painting on cheese boxes. You get Brie and Camembert in these lovely wooden boxes. 

'Now it might sound cretinous - and I'm not a very good painter - but I enjoy it and find it therapeutic. 

'I paint the whole thing white with a tube of children's paint and I look for something to paint. 

'The last thing I painted was a picture of one of my family in front of the Colosseum in Rome. I also like painting whisky bottles.'

Post edited at 08:49
 Toby_W 26 Jun 2019
In reply to GravitySucks:

Brilliant

Cheers

Toby

Clarence 26 Jun 2019

Hang on, Boris has had a weird haircut, a temper tantrum and is describing a typical playgroup art session, is Boris actually a huge pre-schooler?

Post edited at 09:13
 sails_ol 26 Jun 2019

This gives a further sense of the calculation behind his actions

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/my-boris-story/

Presumably this does not seem weird if you live in the parallel universe of Brexit!

Timmd 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> So that's what he's doing while he's hiding from questions .

> Making buses out of scrap cardboard.

> Who wants this tw*t as PM seriously ....?

> Best and brightest , society makes me cringe with it's f*cking stupidity.

> Someone please tell me how we got this far . 

You're not the only one who wants to hide and hope the reality goes away. I keep thinking 'Really, Boris Johnson?'.

Post edited at 13:00
 ianstevens 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Parsons:

It also means that when you search "boris bus" you get a load of news stories about how he's an eccentric wierdo, rather than him standing in front of a bus claiming he'll give loads of cash to the NHS

In reply to Timmd:

> You're not the only one who wants to hide and hope the reality goes away.

Then don't make the mistake of looking at Arron Banks Twitter feed like I just did (he's the money behind Farage). He comes across as belligerent and a bully. He even manages to make the two remaining Tory candidates appear civilised by comparison. Check it out by all means, but with a "know your enemy" frame of mind.

jkarran 26 Jun 2019

> It's just incredible, isn't it? But we're forced to believe there are no tricks here. Yet it's so like a spoof.

There'll be a reason.

Assuming he doesn't have a serious substance abuse problem and isn't ill then this is either:

A choice. It's the lesser evil, seize the initiative in an interview or day of interviews that is not going your way through a bizzare but ultimately harmless outburst of excentric bumbling.

Poor preparation. He hasn't considered the question. The truth is unpaletable: boozing, shagging and watching cricket probably aren't what his electorate wants to hear and they open up new more awkward questions even if they're true. He's probably been coached to deal with difficult questions (FFS, how badly prepped would one have to be after seeing May's wheat fields and 'er, cooking' disasters) not by lying but by building on a truth, this one starts with something he maybe did once with or as a child then derails as the stress overwhelms his ability to think his way out of the mess he's created in real time.

I have no idea which is more likely. It's quite possible under huge pressure, his home life a wreck, not sleeping, notoriously under prepared at the best of times, maybe hungover that he's just lost it. Frankly this isn't far from the Johnson we saw in the spoof-like but real BBC documentary he featured in as Foreign Secretary, a rambling lost man-child keener to please and play to the camera than understand, being treated by his aides like a wayward toddler.

jk

Post edited at 13:17
In reply to ianstevens:

And "wine" too!

Siward 26 Jun 2019

The one thing that would make me support Boris would be odious Owen Jones being the alternative.

krikoman 26 Jun 2019
In reply to MG:

> Owen Jones is possibly worse. 

Would you like to tell us all what points Jones was making you disagree with?

Or are you happy to click the "dislike" button and leave it at that?

Post edited at 13:35
 krikoman 26 Jun 2019
In reply to GravitySucks:

> This should cheer you up a bit !

"vase of wank"; inspired

Does anyone else think he might be terrified of getting the job and having to deal with his Brexit mess so he's now on a campaign to lose?

In reply to jkarran:

"boozing, shagging and watching cricket"

In what world are these unacceptable pastimes?

OP ericinbristol 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

The world in which you are spilling the booze on your partner's sofa, shagging someone behind your partner's back and watching cricket while shagging someone behind your partner;s back. I imagine Boris is vulnerable on all three fronts. 

jkarran 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

On the bowling greens and in the WIs of his septuagenarian socially conservative electorate I doubt his sexual incontinence is a big vote winner. Cricket is just weird.

Seems he's successfully redefined the Boris-bus for a new generation of meme-fed voter though, however humiliating a normal human would have found the process. Someone's thinking ahead to 2022 for him.

jk

Harry Jarvis 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Some time some place:

> Does anyone else think he might be terrified of getting the job and having to deal with his Brexit mess so he's now on a campaign to lose?

That would suggest he is looking further ahead than tomorrow. I think it unlikely. 

ianstevens 26 Jun 2019

>  watching cricket while shagging someone behind your partner;s back.

I'd be impressed if anyone is capeable of putting the full focus required to watch a cricket match whilst simultaneously doing a bit of shagging

Rob Parsons 26 Jun 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

> I'd be impressed if anyone is capeable of putting the full focus required to watch a cricket match whilst simultaneously doing a bit of shagging

And having a drink at the same time.

But that's the great thing about cricket-watching, isn't it? You can dip in and out of the game.

In reply to Rob Parsons:

"You can dip in and out of the game."

Chapeau! 

Stig 26 Jun 2019
In reply to jkarran:

Has anyone (maybe a linguist) tried to decipher the couple of seconds of what appear to be totally incoherent babble? I’ve listened to it repeatedly and it doesn’t seem to resemble language.

personally I think he is simply a pathological liar and can’t give a straight answer to even a simple question.

Hat Dude 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Parsons:

>  You can dip in and out of the game.

Whatever else he might be dipping, I wish he'd dip out of politics.

Dave Garnett 26 Jun 2019
In reply to sails_ol:

> This gives a further sense of the calculation behind his actions

Wow.  It really is even worse than I thought.

john arran 27 Jun 2019
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I miss the old newsthump. It used to offer a great satirical slant on events but nowadays it's just reporting the the news straight and boringly.

birdie num num 27 Jun 2019
In reply to jkarran:

Admittedly, watching cricket is a bit weird but I don’t for the life of me see what’s up with boozing and shagging?

Clarence 27 Jun 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

> I'd be impressed if anyone is capeable of putting the full focus required to watch a cricket match whilst simultaneously doing a bit of shagging

Depends on the club, the speed of play and the willingness of the partner. I have had a bit of afternoon delight while scoring a cricket match, it only required one of us to keep a head out of the hatch and the other to be able to reach the number wheels. Fortunately no-one noticed that the assistant scorer had changed from a grey bearded gentleman to a red haired lady. It would have been safer the other way round but I'm not into that sort of thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...