UKC

Citroen Relay or VW Crafter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JonLongshanks 07 Mar 2019

So all things factored in, budget, time and distance, I've got a choice of two vans to buy - a Citroen Relay or a VW Crafter.

Going to be my home for the foreseeable future, so interested in things like reliability and mpg. Not so fussed about top speed or snazzy looks  

Anyone with experience of either van?

Cheers
Jon

Dax H 08 Mar 2019
In reply to JonLongshanks:

In my experience both are pretty bullet proof. My next van will be a Relay. I can get a H2L2 for just over 15k new with a 4 (I think) year warrenty or spend the same on a second hand Crafter.  Last I looked the new price on a crafter was about 23k. Yes the crafter holds its money better but won't be worth anything like 8k more when it's 5 or 6 years old with close to 200k on the clock. 

OP JonLongshanks 08 Mar 2019
In reply to Dax H:

Good to hear.  They're both pretty similar in mileage under 100k but fairly old 07 and 08 reg.

The crafter has a few spots of rust which I'd hopefully be able to treat, I've read they can rust badly if not kept on top off.

There seem to be plenty of negative and positive opinions on both to be honest. I suppose every van will have its issues..!

Luke90 08 Mar 2019
In reply to JonLongshanks:

I always reckon that random variation within a particular model and variation in how carefully they've been driven and cared for is much more substantial than any variation between different makes or models. Get the one that's been serviced more or seems in better condition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...