UKC

Claiming interview expenses?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 30 Oct 2012
I attended 2 interviews with a multinational company last year, I was promised that I would be paid for my travel expenses. I've now been chasing them for over 11 months:

I'm starting to get fed up of posting them variations on the same "please pay me the money you promised". So do I have any legal redress to add a bit of weight to the next letter? A brief spell with google hasn't helped much. It isn't a life changing quantity of money (about 1 days pay) but I'm slightly miffed about being mucked about.

Any helpful tips?
In reply to Reach>Talent: Letter before action and mention the small claims court.
 DNS 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:

If you have any proof that they would pay expenses and evidence of having incurred those expenses, if necessary; then follow ACC's advice abive. It's easy to lodge a small claims court claim online.
 EeeByGum 30 Oct 2012
> I attended 2 interviews with a multinational company last year, I was promised that I would be paid for my travel expenses. I've now been chasing them for over 11 months:

Of the 4 jobs I have had in the last 12 years and 12 or so interviews, I have only ever been paid expenses for one. I would give up if I were you and focus your energy elsewhere. Job hunting sucks but expenses to get to the interview is just something you have to take a hit on unless they are head hunting you.
 RockAngel 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: not sure if this is still available for u with all the cuts. If ur claiming any benefits, u should be able to claim travelling to interview expenses from jobcentre. It ciuld have a 3 month after the interview for submitting ur claim tho.
 Trangia 30 Oct 2012

Threaten to name and shame them if they don't honour their promise to you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...