UKC

Climbing shoe review

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 04 Mar 2019

Was online flicking through the "newspapers" to get the headlines and noticed the inews reveiwing the "best" climbing shoes for bouldering - https://inews.co.uk/ibuys/travel-and-outdoor/best-climbing-shoes-bouldering...

My goodness, climbing certainly has become mainstream

What else has been reviewed in national press?

Tigger 04 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

Can't say I pick many of them as my go to bouldering shoe. Seems like they just walked on down to GoOutdoors and grabbed what was on the shelf. Or whatever the poorly informed staff memeber suggested.

Pero 04 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

The comment I liked was that you could be on longer sports routes for up to 10 minutes!

Andy Gamisou 04 Mar 2019
In reply to Pero:

> The comment I liked was that you could be on longer sports routes for up to 10 minutes!

My climbing partner (and spouse - hope she doesn't see this!) can take 10 minutes to get to the second bolt.

PaulW 04 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

I thought the article was reasonable bearing in mind the type of article it is, aimed at the very casual end of the climbing spectrum.

There isn't really a "best" bouldering shoe, they depend so much on fit and on what you want to do with them that it's not really possible to grade them in a list. I thought the advice given for each individual shoe was OK though and a fair range of different shoes chosen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...