UKC

Cloud Calendar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Evening pop pickers,

Easy one for your technocrats.  I'm after a simple free cloud calendar with app, advert free ideally but happy to pay a tiny subscription if needs be.

The idea is to have a central calendar to sync between me and the missus.  I use Android and she who must be obeyed uses a fruit-based device.

Ta

R

john arran 05 Mar 2019
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Google Calendar is massively useful. We have a different calendar for each of our apartments, each accessible from different devices and shared between us seamlessly. Also uploads automatically to our website too to show live availability within seconds of us updating it.

In reply to john arran:

Thanks John.  Ive just looked at that and it seems to interfere with the one I have for work on my phone.  Do you know of a separate one?

Luke90 05 Mar 2019

Yeah, Google Calendar is the obvious choice here, as John says. It plays nicely with iPhones as well as Androids. Apple would be worth considering if you both had Apple phones and never wanted to share with anybody else who doesn't but it's useless for sharing outside Apple's closed garden.

Outside of business contexts where Microsoft's Exchange still has a big role, Google Calendar is pretty much the de facto standard if you're not fully committed to the Apple ecosystem.

Luke90 05 Mar 2019

What do you mean by "interfere"? Your work also uses Google Calendar and you don't like having both work and personal events appearing in the same app?

Post edited at 20:21
 nawface 05 Mar 2019

I use google calender on my phone.  I have two seperate calenders that don't conflict.  If you add another google account to the phone then you can have a different calender against each email address.

In reply to Luke90:

> What do you mean by "interfere"? Your work also uses Google Calendar and you don't like having both work and personal events appearing in the same app?

I downloaded it and realised that my work email syncs to my phone Google calendar via my email address/Exchange server.  I suppose I was hoping to get one which was completely separate for family life and one for work.  I might have to have a look at the settings and see if I can get my head around it.

john arran 05 Mar 2019

You can choose which calendars are showing at any one time, simply by toggling them on and off. If you have two calendars loading for the same gmail account that's probably the easiest way to handle it.

Luke90 05 Mar 2019

You can control which calendars are actually displayed in your Google Calendar app and turn them on or off whenever you fancy, or stop it from syncing to your phone at all.

If you still want the work calendar on your phone but want it in a completely separate app, you could install the Exchange app or one of the many alternatives that will display an Exchange calendar.

Or you could keep your work calendar displaying in the Google Calendar app, not display your personal calendar and install another app that plays nice with Google Calendar to display your personal one.

Myriad options. Personally, I find it useful to have everything in one place on one app. When I only want to see one particular calendar, I can just hide the others.

Ridge 05 Mar 2019

I just use the default calendar app on our phones (samsung android) and they both seem to sync with whatever the default fruit based calendar app is on the ipad.

Post edited at 21:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...